Style Links
Desert Dunes Golf Club - Robert Trent Jones Jr

Year Built 1989
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1989) Donald Knott (1989) Gary Linn (1989)

Single Allowed No

Don’t Play Here

I’ve played many desert courses during the summer. I was even in Mesquite for a golf weekend early August, but this course was terrible. If you want good desert golf, do yourself a favor and get to Mesquite or Vegas. I played Desert Dunes about 13 years ago and it was excellent. The property is awful. Even the driveway coming in looks like a horror flick scene. It’s clearly on its last legs.

Great layout

Dry of course but good value for the money. No snack bar or drink cart.

Commented on 08/23/2019

Hiu483900512. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Too much waiting

I like this course. Fun and challenging layout. Staff is friendly. Pace of play on a Sunday morning at 7:15 was horrible though. Got through the first two holes fine then ran into a 5 minute wait for every shot after that. Quit after 9.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hi, u506564761. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see that you enjoy the course, staff and the layout. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 08/08/2019

Thank you for your review, jcrounse. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time!

Commented on 07/15/2019

Hello, sebypark. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Commented on 07/15/2019

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Much better than I expected!

Great Layout! Ok so it’s a little dry in some spots and they could provide some more shade around course but that’s my only complaint. If you keep in the fairways your generally going to get a nice lie to hit from. The green are great and roll true. The wind we dealt with that day really made things interesting. I look forward to playing it again soon!

Commented on 07/23/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes to some of the dry spots you mentioned. Thanks for visiting Desert Dunes Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Below Average

Maintenance was poor, rundown club house and pro shop. Not at all what I expected, looks as though this course is hardly operating or on its last leg.

Commented on 07/09/2019

Hello, ga1268434667. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Great Value

Course was in good shape, considering it’s summer desert conditions. Fairways in the center were fine, some of the sides were a bit sparse. Greens were good.
Played as a twosome in about 3 hours 15 minutes.

Commented on 07/01/2019

Hi HyperGonz69. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Commented on 06/20/2019

POOR SHAPE

First time I've played this course in the summer. Greens and tee boxes very dry. I understand it's hot in the summer but they should do some course maintenance.

Commented on 06/13/2019

Hi dbkus. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Too much wind.

Course dry in spots but greens in good shape. I didn't play every hole due to the very strong winds but when the weather is nice (no wind) it is a very enjoyable course. Unfortunately in the last year for me it's been windy and I check the weather report before setting a tee time. Next time I try the course it will be July - August. However there were players flailing away in which I give them credit for being dedicated.

Commented on 05/30/2019

Thank you for taking the time to review. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Desert Dunes Golf Course thanks you!

ok

The course was not in great shape. It could use some water. Also there are no markers telling you what Hole you are on.

Response from on 05/28/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time. Your feedback is much appreciated. We hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.
Response from on 05/15/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your 4-star rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!

Great layout, needs some TLC

I recall playing Desert Dunes 15 or 20 years ago when it was a hidden gem in the Valley. So I was excited to go back and see it again. It’s hard to be critical when paying $25 for a weekend morning tee time. But it was sad to see the state of the facility compared to what I remembered. The greens and tee boxes were okay, but the rest of the course has not been kept up. And the clubhouse and range are barely serviceable. The bunkers are overgrown and have little sand in them. It feels like a small investment could return a magnificent layout to its former standards. But it’s not there right now. Oh, and the wind howled which is not unusual there. There is value to be had playing Desert Dunes, but temper your expectations if you do.

Response from on 05/06/2019:
Thank you for coming to play Desert Dunes Golf Course again after all these years, Jeff. We're sorry to hear if we didn't quite meet your expectations but we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.
Response from on 05/06/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! We appreciate your kind words regarding the layout. Come back soon!

I've always liked this course. This time they hadn't mowed the grass on the rough, there were tassels on the grass. Greens were in good shape.I was disapointed from what I usually get.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We're glad to hear you've always liked playing our course. We're sorry to hear if we didn't meet your expectations this time around but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Dried up and dying

This place looks more like a municipal course running out of money. Sad, overgrown unkempt clubhouse. Big sign out front - NO OUTSIDE FOOD OR BEVERAGE - then they don't have anything available to purchase. Thank you very little. There is so much other, better golf in the valley, give up if can't do a good job of it.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time. Your feedback is very important to us and we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the near future.

Fun

Course has a great layout. Greens in perfect condition, well maintained fairways and tee boxes. Traps, and there are plenty of them, were horrible. Very little sand and wet, which is a bad combination. No way to competently play out. Was maybe the most wind I’ve ever played in, but that’s out of their control. No staffing outside of pro shop and range was ok.

I’d play again.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for joining us here at Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time. We appreciate your kind words regarding the layout and overall course conditions. Your feedback about the bunkers is also very important to us so thank you for sharing. We look forward to you joining us for another round soon!

Great value, get out early

Teed off around 730. They let me go out solo which I appreciate. Greens were very slow. Course was in good condition. Cart paths ended after about 100 yards. I didn’t care, but some might want to know.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Sounds like we made a good first impression. Nothing better than cruising around the course with an early tee time. Come back soon!
Palm Springs, California
Palm Springs, California

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900