Desert Dunes Golf Club is host of the Desert Dunes Classic on the Canadian Tour.

Style Links
Desert Dunes Golf Club - Robert Trent Jones Jr

Year Built 1989
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1989) Donald Knott (1989) Gary Linn (1989)

Single Allowed No

Bar, Grill

Not Covid Friendly

They never mention we have to pay $10 bucks for separate golf cart until we got there. Covid protocols not being met. They Say they don't have enough carts but they do if you pay extra? When We finished there was only 30 cars in parking lot. Not much for a Sunday. The bunkers filled water and mud. Won't be going back.

Got's potential

The course is a fun course, but no upkeep and poor signs to a new player? It was worth the $25, but not anything else. The staff was very friendly though and accomodating.

Commented on 08/07/2020

Hi there! We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at Desert Dunes Golf Course!

Great value

Course is in better condition than reviews say. Fairways have some bald spots but greens good. 2 some in under 3hrs.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi Halo62. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Potential to be very good course...

Played all 18 (75yo) in very hot weather...fairways are a little rough/dry in some areas. Relatively long walks from cart path to green on some holes. Will probably play again when the weather cools down. Very picturesque golf course, just minutes away from home.

Commented on 08/13/2020

Thank you for your review, UncleBoo. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Desert Dunes Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great layout

I like this course ‘ challenging holes ‘ need to stay out of the desert if you want to score well’ staff was friendly and the cart girl was doing a great job making sure everyone was being served and well taken care of, I will play this course again,,,,,

Commented on 08/13/2020

Thank you for your review, Parman21. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Desert Dunes Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Self Distancing

Couldn’t have found a better way to self distance than go out alone at Desert Dunes, it felt like my own private golf club. Covid has hit this place like many others around the world, but this is the 3rd time I’ve been here in a month & can really see some improvements, maintenance staff was out working on different holes, few areas need to be mowed but 85% of the fairways were nice, greens a bit hard today but again, it’s a work in progress. Staff is always super nice every time I’ve been here. I played in 3 hours cruising around the course sometimes hitting more than one shot. The price is perfect for Summer Desert Golf go early & get out before the Heat comes. I do suggest bringing water & snacks for the time being there is no F&B to be had due to Covid.

surprising fun--again

the layout is great, the gold's are a 130 slope and i like a challenge, the greens are in good shape, and the views are quite wonderful. one can only imagine this course in its prime as a u.s. open qualifying course. overgrown tee boxes, not nearly enough sand in the bunkers, lots of bald spots, nothing approaching a cushy lie, a two club wind. meh! i still had a blast. i've played this course a dozen times and only three or four rounds have been what i would call "windy." so it's not in great shape. the greens are good and that's all your really need. my high handicap wife had a blast, too!

Scenic course.

Difficult course. Very scenic. No ice or cold water at club house. Bottled water was luke warm at best. Temperature 116 for the day..

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hi wesenbej. We appreciate you leaving a review and your feedback is noted. We look forward to having you back at Desert Dunes Golf Course!

Enjoyable Round

Played with three really good guys. The course is in rough shape, though the greens were good. The course needs more water and more care. Some of the tee boxes looked more like rough. Though for $18 you can't expect much more.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello u000003649279. Thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass along your feedback to the staff so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting us!

Commented on 07/06/2020

Hello, Mario2884795. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Dump for a GC

Course is in bad shape, more weeds than grass,.. great layout, it could be so much better if they watered and cared for the course.. it reminds me of the course in Tin Cup.. Wish they would manage this course better, but as it sits today, I’m not coming back...

Commented on 06/28/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Great course, poor conditions

One of my favorite courses in the Coachella Valley for years. Unfortunately, it's not in great shape. Greens are ok, but fairways and areas around greens are dry or poorly maintained. Today, it was very slow with wind, conditions and slow play. I'll be back, but not soon.

Windy Fun

It's usually windy in the area so this was okay, course in good condition. Couple tee boxes needed mowing, greens in good shape. Enjoyed my round will play again soon...

Come...if you just like to play

i'm a 9-index. i've played here a dozen times, sometimes in perfect conditions, often in windy conditions, once in 45-mph winds. i've always had a good time. the reviews that trash the amenities and conditions are basically accurate. HOWEVER, the layout is really very good (they used to play some big time tourneys here), the greens are in quite good shape, and if you like to play it's usually a great bang for your buck. what's a bunch of weeds on the tee box or on the fairway?! i've had a good time every time.

Decent conditions

Coming out of corona, it was a pleasure to play the course. Like the layout and the challenge. Greens were in good condition. Several fairways were punched with the plugs littered on the fairway. Enjoyed the round, but have seen the course in better conditions.

Commented on 06/02/2020

Hi u782251525! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Memorial Day

One of our all time favorite courses.
We drive over an hour to get there.
Unfortunately the course is in real bad shape.
The greens were fine and no problem.
There were weeds growing on some of the tee boxes.
The drive way at the drop off was littered with weeds.
Fairways not in good shape.
I have never reviewed anything in my life so I hope you understand that this has been a special place to me and my family.
The course needs money and if the owner doesn’t have any please sell it to someone who does.
Of course golf is always fun and so was our day.

Commented on 06/11/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Desert Dunes Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

What a shame

Let’s start with this...showed up 30 minutes before my tee time (6am), gate was locked. Feed off 20 minutes late. Golf course was in absolute shambles. I’ve played absolutely everywhere in the desert and this was in the worst shape of anything I’ve ever seen. No amenities on the course at all, water, cart girl, etc..I understand covid-19 and all but holy crap I wouldn’t send my worst enemy to this course. I felt like they should’ve payed me to play it....and I’m not good. It’s a shame too because it had potential, but it looks like it needs an infusion of several million to make it DO NOT GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hi u678634463. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course.

Resort/Community