2.6
2.4

Style Links
Desert Dunes Golf Club - Robert Trent Jones Jr

Year Built 1989
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1989) Donald Knott (1989) Gary Linn (1989)

Single Allowed No

Play on a calm day

We liked this course but it was very challenging due to the winds. It’s in good shape but be ready to club up!

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course, Laura! We're glad to hear you enjoyed the course. Hopefully it won't be as windy next time you play out here. Come back soon!

Disappointing expectations

Not familiar with the course was one thing, But having to deal with the gross windy conditions, totally ruined my day. I know you can’t control the windy conditions but when I left the hotel, it was a light breeze. Only to come out to near
gale-force winds. The fairways were less than average, The greens however were quick, only to have the wind make them even tougher. It was on my list of courses to play, but am going to scratch it off for my return trip.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course, John. We're sorry to hear the windy conditions took away from the overall enjoyment of your round. We hope you'll consider giving us another try next time you visit the area.

wind city

It was blowing about 35 mph the day we played which made it difficult to even stand steady. Much different than the last time I played there, it was a true desert course then. Nice water features and a variety of holes. Had left my gps unit on the cart and the staff kept it for me until the next day. So few people there that the bar was closed. Son went back on a non windy day and really liked the play there. Bunkers don't have much sand since it blows out easily.

Response from on 05/06/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course again! Your positive feedback is much appreciated. Hopefully you and your son come back to play again soon. Let's hope it's not as windy for you next time around.
Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your 4-star overall rating is much appreciated. Come back soon!
Response from on 04/29/2019:
We appreciate the 4-star overall rating! Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. Come back soon!

Let the grass grow

The grass was so short, it was like hitting off of a hardpan. The sandtraps were obviously never raked, as they were a hardpan. The rates were way to high for a course in this condition. Sorry, but no one in our party will be returning...

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We're sorry to hear we didn't meet your expectations but we appreciate your feedback and we hope you'll consider giving us another try in the future.
Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! We're glad to hear you find our course to be a good value. Come back soon!

Beaucoup de vent (too much windy)

Nous étions 8 joueurs et nous avons trouvé l’endroit très venteux sans savoir si c’était toujours le cas. Le terrain est correct mais nous avons trouvé plus beau pour le même prix ($69). Les allées et les verts étaient en excellentes conditions mais très peu d’obstacles d’eau et les trappes ne contiennent pas assez de sable. Des rafales de plus de 60 Km/hre ont malheureusement gâché notre journée !

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your 4-star rating and review is much appreciated. Come back soon!

This course is awesome too play

The course is in great shape would recommen this course . Learned a big lesson don’t play in 40mph wind Ha Ha . But other then that had a great time would play again.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time! We appreciate your positive feedback about the course conditions and we're thrilled to hear you'll play again. Let's hope for less wind next time though. See you again soon!

Winds were gale force.

The course would be fine under normal conditions, but it was extremely windy today, and I understand this is pretty normal for this course. We had to quit after 9 holes, but the pro shop kindly gave us a wind rebate for 9 holes. The course would be challenging as there is lots of undulation on the greens and big breaks on the fairways.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time. We're sorry to hear your round was cut short but we appreciate you taking the time to share your positive feedback. See you again soon!
Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We're glad to hear you found great value in our course. Let's hope for a 5-star overall rating next time!

Wind Tunnel Course

I played this course last Saturday at 6:32AM and the wind was already picking up. The couple that followed me said that it was normal for this course because of it is on the path of a wind tunnel. The course was challenging with a good amount of difficulty, plus the wind. The greens were in good condition but the bunkers are hard pan. Overall, great course to play.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your kind words and feedback are much appreciated. Let's hope this is just the first of many more rounds to come at Desert Dunes!

Very very windy day

I have played this course several times, and I like the overall layout and the quality of the course. Today, the winds were howling at 30 mph or more and going into the wind I could not reach some par 3's with my driver. On the other hand, I almost drove the green on a few par 4's that were downwind. I think I am all set for a trip to Scotland now :)

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course several times! We're glad to hear you like the overall layout and course conditions. Hopefully your next round will be a little less windy! See you again soon.
Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thanks for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We're sorry to hear you feel this way and we hope you'll give us the chance to exceed your expectations in the near future.

Desert Dunes is fun when the wind does not blow

we played in early morning and it was a relatively calm day. Course was in pretty good shape. it show that it has not had substantial investment for some time.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course. We're glad to hear you enjoyed an early morning round! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the course conditions. Come back soon!
Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time! Let us know what we can do better to make it a 5-star experience next time.

Great mornings golf in the desert

This course is well laid out and the green complexes require careful attention if you are going to score. Reasonably long and requires accuracy on many holes off the tee. The best part about it is that there are no houses on the course and the views are great. Greens were excellent and it required a good shot to hold them. Beveridge cart was only seen once which was not ideal but clubhouse drinks and food were good. It’s the best value course I’ve played in the Palm Springs area so definitely go play it.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course, Ian. Sounds like we made a great first impression! We appreciate your positive feedback regarding the course layout, views, food & beverage, and the overall value. Thanks for recommending our course to others as well. Come back soon!

Straight drives are recommended, and the greens
were excellent, challenging, and extremely smooth and fast. Course was in excellent condition. Good value.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course! Your positive feedback about the greens and overall course condition is much appreciated. And yes, straight drives are always a great recommendation. Come back soon!

First time

This was our first time playing here. I was very concerned with the state of the bathrooms both in the club house and on the course not clean or updated.
The Golf Now price was reasonable for the course would probably not pay the regular rate to play this course.
The staff was friendly and very helpful.

Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you for playing Desert Dunes Golf Course for the first time! Your 4-star overall rating is much appreciated along with your positive feedback regarding our friendly staff. Come back soon and be sure to follow us on social media for the latest course news and specials.
Response from on 04/29/2019:
Thank you, Ray! Your kind words are much appreciated. Come back soon!
Palm Springs, California
4.0572058824
Palm Springs, California

Valid dates: Nov 01, 2019 - Feb 29, 2020
Back at Kiawah Island Golf Resort for a limited time, the Golf or Gourmet Escape is a perfect opportunity to pursue your passion for the game and experience this premier resort's pristine championship courses.