Style Executive

Year Built 1986

Dress code Men must have a shirt with collar. Ladies must have a shirt with either a collar or sleeves

Snacks

Clubhouse

Available Sports

FootGolf

Welk Fountains Course... Fun

Such a great executive course. Hit every iron in the bag at least once. Think I only pulled the same club off the tee once or twice on the par 3s. One the par 4s you can hit 3w or just about any iron from 4-7 off the tee and still have a perfect wedge in. Staff was phenomenal. Course layout and conditions were 4.5-5 out of 5.

Valentines Day Golf

Staff was extremely friendly.. I was thanked for booking my tee time and paying online. That’s never happened before!! Starter was very friendly and had us start before our scheduled tee time.

Course was a good shape, especially the greens. Even though this is an executive course don’t be fooled - it is challenging. Even my husband, who has golfed first 55 years, had difficulties on some holes. The greens were really fast and had our four some baffled at times on properly reading the greens. We had a great time though and will be back!

Not Impressed with starter

T-time for 2 at 7:03, arrived at 6:45. Starter started a foursome with three carts, who had the same t-time followed by a threesome. We were eventually started at 7:20. A little communication and general politeness would have gone a long way. Groups were nice enough to let us play through, but it could have been managed better. Other than the start golf was great and the course was in great shape.

Beautiful par 4 course

Being a less than average player, this is an exceptional course for me and my friend. The course is so beautifully groomed that even poor shots lay in great places. We played quickly and waited only a while for the people in front. It’s so pleasant on the course that a small wait is nothing! I’m looking forward to playing there again.

Pristine

I haven't played at Welk's for several years, I forgot how perfect it is maintained. The fairways, the greens all in top shape. Best in SD County.

Great course. Excellent shape.

This is a hidden gem. Always in great shape and a mix of challenging and rewarding layouts. Sits somewhere between and executive and a long and large course. Great value.

Great Golf for a Low Price

This is a great course to work on your short game. Challenging and fun. Beautiful scenery.

Don’t play here

I didn’t get to play because they didn’t have a tee time.... but you still charged me to book the tee time. This has happened to me before.

Short but lots of fun!

Just spent a week at the resort and played the course 3 times with my fiancee. I was a little skeptical at first being an "executive" course but it turned out to be a very pleasant surprise.
We had been given free golf for the week based on listening to a resort presentation on time share opportunities upon check in. We went out twice after 3 pm and found that we were one a only a few people playing the course then, open to play at our pace. The third time was earlier in the day and it was very slow. We both had a lot of fun each time and my fiancee found it to be a great length course for her play. The layout, while shorter is very well done and the greens were in perfect condition. Being California and dry, don't expect a lush fairway, but they are fair.
I would recommend and we will be back for another visit.
Play on!

Great hidden gem of a course.

Upon arriving at the course nested within the mountains East of the I-15 I found myself happy to see this course was set up for mainly iron play with the longest par four being just over three hundred yards. We both were us to long courses, so this was awesome to challenge our short game! We'll be playing this course again, soon>>>>>>.

Really nice, enjoyable course

Get out and play the Fountain Course, you will enjoy it !

Sincerely,
Craig

Always a good day

Fountains course is a bit shorter than some but a great layout, elevation changes and beautiful green fairways.
Great people inside the shop and in the field. Never fails to be a fun time.

Drains well

Played in the rain, nothing hard, but misty all day. Course held up very nice. Green were excellent and no one on the course except four other people who were too stupid, like us, to come in out of the rain.
For being rainy, course held up very nice. As for executive courses, this is one of the best in and around North County.

Short but fun

This course is very well maintained. Only 'bad' thing is if you tend to hit the ball offline, there are a lot of condos you can smack. But the green are good, the holes are different and fun and the surroundings are beautiful. Don't much care for the first hole since you're not really warmed up and there is no driving range, but hit it to the right and you won't wash your ball on the very first shot. Good bunkers if you're unlucky enough to find one. Played behind a slow two-some, but still got done in 3 hours.

Outstanding time on a beautiful day. We'll be back!

Course in good condition

Great time out on a Sunday
Little slow but not terribly slow.
Staff very helpful and friendly

Always a Great Place to Play

Two choices. I go with the Fountain since it has plenty of par 4's. Par 62 Course, A couple of the par 4's can be reached with a good drive, so if you can belt them, wait until people are off the greens. I nailed a 3-wood off the tee on #16 and almost made the green. There were people still on the green. Oops.

Greens and traps are in excellent shape. Most tee boxes are too. Some fairways are a little beat up especially #2, so may want to allow for winter rules on the fairway.

Personnel are great and helpful. Well stocked club house. Nice little snack bar on the turn always staffed by very nice people.

Easy to access off I15. Welk Resort also has other amenities that may be of interest to the non0=-golfing types (we have seen a couple of plays there).

$32 for the round with cart is a pretty darn good deal.

Not bad, a little overpriced though!

Grass was exceptional, tee boxes fairways and greens! The course is challenging and very fun, you get to use most clubs in your bag, not much driver action however. Greens a challenge as well, very well well maintained! 35 dollar hot deal almost worth it, not quite!

Champagne Play at a Beer rate

For the money, it was good. The greens were in ok shape, could use some work. If your looking to have a low score, this is the place to play. Lots of par 3's and 4's. a par 5 would have been nice. I would play it again and would recommend it to others.

Best Bang For Your Buck

In all seriousness, this is a really well maintained course. Small, but not par 3. Great for your med to short game and getting more accurate on your long game. Great Greens. Everything about this place is relaxed, the only problem was on the last 4 holes, it got a little backed up. But before that it was smooth sailing. I can’t talk enough about how well maintained the course is. The restaurant nearby doesn’t have a lot to choose from, but I had some wings and they were actually really good. Pro Shop was very polite and accommodating. Every once in a while you actually have a Spectator or 3 watching you from the rooms but I think it’s aweosme for giving a little pressure. Don’t let it be a negative because the only way you know they are there is if you look. All guests were quiet. Not the place to let your driver fly on most homes, and get a lot of range in, but it’s very good for your woods and irons. If you’re on the fence, definitely give it a go. It was nice to play a full challenging round with out it taking all day.

Vista, California