2.2

The Welk Resort of San Diego - Oaks Course
White 54 1837 yards
Red (W) 54 1652 yards
Scorecard for Oaks
Back M: 55.9/99 118 133 107 86 92 110 88 83 127 944 121 80 110 91 105 91 73 96 126 893 1837
Forward W: 56.0/106 109 95 100 81 83 104 81 76 122 851 114 75 98 84 98 84 66 71 111 801 1652

Year Built 1986
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect David Lingole

Dress code Men must have a shirt with collar. Ladies must have a shirt with either a collar or sleeves

Ripped off

Please don't advertise the small course. There is two golf courses at the Welk Resort. The walking only and the regular course where you can walk or ride. I got deceived online thinking they were the same. I had to cancel cause no regular golfer would play at the second small course. On top of that you have the wrong Google address for the small walking course. I got ripped off, I probably not going back to golf now for me.

Always pleasent

Nice walk, pleasant holes, good greens, beautiful atmosphere.........great place to practice your short game

Short game practice course

Welk Resort Oaks Course is a fun short par 3, 18-hole course. Approximately 1837 yards with most holes under 100 yards and 8 holes over 100 yards....none over 126 yards. With two clubs (putter and pitching wedge) it took me just under 2 hours to complete the course. Greens were well maintained. Good value for the money.

Good for short game practice

Had an 11:30a tee time and hardly anyone on the course so pace of play was dependent only on us. Starter was super friendly and explained the tricky tee boxes on the course (5,6,&8) where you must cross over a waterway to find them. Tee boxes were in average condition; I suspect a lot of hackers and families with kids from the resort on the course taking chunks out of them. Greens were in great condition; read them carefully because some of the greens on the slope break counterintuitive. To it’s namesake, the course is littered with oak trees but they rarely affect play. However, if you happen to flub your ball into the blanket of oak leaves on the ground, good luck finding it. Overall, I recommend this course for a quick, 2-hour warmup round for the neighboring, tournament-length, Fountains Course or for practicing your short game.
Take note that the resort also runs foot golf here - a soccer/golf hybrid game - that runs along this course and shares the same tee boxes and has soccer ball sized holes (left or right of the golf greens) marked with white flags; golf pins are all yellow flags here.

Nice family outing

We had a great day walking the Oaks Course.

Conditions were perfect if a little hot but we're used to it.

The foot golfers can be a bit of a distraction as their game doesn't demand the quietness and courtesy of golf. However, I'm happy the facility can find other ways to provide revenue in these times.

Like Playing Golf on a Playground @ Recess Time:

I've played the small Oaks Course many times. Typically, a great little course to brush up on the "short-game". Booked a tee-time online per usual ... but, upon arrival, there was no record of it.
I was then advised that they had just check-in over 125 "Foot-Golfers", and they would need to "squeeze me in", etc. Shortly thereafter, I discovered what all of that truly meant:
The entire course was in complete disarray, swarming with people.
Long story, short: .. it was 1 full hour after our reserved tee-time before we could swing off the first tee ... and, even then, it couldn't be done comfortably, because each hole was so closely crowded by all the surrounding "foot-golfers" (essentially, a mass of people, kicking soccer balls all over the course).

I'm all for businesses creating innovative ways of generating additional revenue ... but, not at the expense of its other paying customers.
This "special event" was clearly given "priority" ... and the actual golfers with legitimate tee-times were disregarded.

In general, the on-hand staff tried to be as accommodating as possible (given this particular set of circumstances); which, was appreciated.
Unfortunately - this whole scenario lacked the proper orchestration from an upper-management perspective.

Welk (Escondido): you have 2 enjoyable courses.
If occurrences of this sort become a regular trend, it's going to quickly drive away frequenting golfers. Please don't let that happen (beggin' ya).

Nice course on good condition. I forgot my putter at home but the staff was quick to get one for me use for the round.

3 par course

I have golfed there more than 100 days. When we golfed, we discovered that SDGE was working on the electric lines. We were fearful of hitting the guys working, so we didn't get to play on 3 holes. The thing that bothered me the most was when we got to our second shot. My friend was waiting to hit because a man was mowing at the hole. I know that he saw us, but he continued to mow and went around another time while she was waiting to hit. I told her I thought he was very rude. She said if we were a man or if her husband was there he wouldn't have done that. There were 3 mowers going around so it was very noisy. When we were finished we told the starter about SDGE and he apologized. He was supposed to tell us beforehand. He was very kind, so we didn't go in and complain. I have golfed there so many times and this was by far my worst experience. I won't be going back any time soon.

Great Course for kids

Took my little brother here for his 14th birthday and first time golfing. We had a great time, but the course was extremely small and easy. I never used anything but my pitching wedge and he never went higher than a 9 iron. Great course for perfecting short game and great beginner course for kids to build confidence.

short but fun

It's all good. Very friendly staff. The course is in excellent shape. We had fun. We will be back.

Nice resort

Good place to practice your approach shots ranging 80-120yds. Also practice your short game, chipping, pitching, lobing and putting. Greens were in good condition. Just a little downside where on about 3 holes the power line gets in the line of flight of your tee shot

Golf with football

The condition was ok for a resort par 3, but the also have several hole that power lines are in play, which again is ok, but when you mix in the football families kicking and not knowing rules, it may not be worth the regular price they charge, buy acceptable with a golf now hot deals price

Par 3 fun.

Good little track and done in about 2hrs. Going again soon.

It was a course of pretty trees

Greens were fast but very soft
Tees were being over seeded:(

Oaks

Overall great par 3 course. Unfortunately tee boxes were under repair and had to tee forward. A warning before booking would be nice.

Welk Resort Review

First time playing golf at this resort and I am impressed with the staff, very friendly. The course is nice but 12th hole was hard to find, they should have a sign of where the next hole will be. Great price though.

This course was aggravating

The greens were undergoing restoration, should be good when done.
There is "soccer golf" on the course at the same time, this causes to much activity interfering with a steady game. Large groups kicking soccer balls al over the place, one group puching a baby around in a stroller as they played.

perfect for a quick round

my wife and I always stop here on the way to San Diego. Perfect for some exercise after sitting in the car for 2 hours. Nice executive course always in good condition and can play 18 holes in about 2 hours.

Vista, California
Fallbrook, California
Lake San Marcos, California
Oceanside, California

Valid dates: May 24, 2019 - Oct 13, 2019
Save on lodging and Canyons Golf! Give your drive the adventure it deserve this summer at Canyons Golf.
Stay and Play
Stay & Play Escape at Eagle Eye!
Stay and Play
Stay & Play this Summer at Hawk Hollow!
Unlimited Golf Stay and Play at St James Bay Golf Club