Mariner's Point Golf Links & Practice Center

Year Built 1996
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Bob Cupp John Fought

This course has great features

I think this course is good for short game and practicing. It has wonderful holes and has a good driving range. If you are very skilled and like playing long holes this is not your course. I think they have a good price point for grown-ups and kids. I've heard seniors and juniors love this course.

short game practice

great place to practice your short game. greens are in excellent condition for putting consistency.

Greens are kept...

I actually like this course a lot. The greens are kept in great shape. The practice green and the greens on the course correspond with one another. Staff is friendly and for the most part accommodating. Because I get a great deal on line, they don't normally put me out by myself unless it's not busy. I look forward to playing this course again!

Great beginner course. And good for your short game!

I think this is a great course for beginners and for those of us wanting to work on your short game. Changing wind conditions make this course a challenge.

Fun little 9 hole course

Mariner's Point is a fun little course to play. Great views right next to the bay. Good spot for beginners but also fun for more skilled players. You'll be done in 1.5 hrs or less. Miniature links style and chances to notch some birdies.

Bring your insightful tips and creativness to better ones 18 hole big boy

This local 9 nine helps refine short and wind game with the best area DRIVING range for 25 miles within the SFO Pen area, THEN go play the 18 hole course. Must do and great price.

Had a good time.

It took a long time for it being mostly par 3's and being only 9 holes. They have new tee times every 10 minutes with groups of 4. But it was still enjoyable.

Windy

Played several time and different hours and the result is always the same. Windy

Great Beginners course

Using Golf Now saved us 7% and it was very easy to select a tee time!

Fun, short course

This was my first time here and as a new golfer, I enjoyed the short yet challenging course. It's a 9 hole/ par 3 course and took less than 2 hrs to play. So it's great if you are looking for some quick golf fun. Beautifully set on the SF Bay is a plus too.

rather play a quick 9 than go to the driving range

good practice course if you have about an hour to kill.

Good Par 3 course for the price(specials)

I got a good deal on a special! This course is on the water at Foster City and gets windy most of the time. That's one challenge for this course, maybe the other is small greens. It's an ok course for practicing your Par 3s but not nearly long enough for those actual Par 3s in an 18 hole course.

Good course

The course itself is very nice with everything maintained well. The guy at the pro shop is a different story. We arrived at 11:30 for our 11:50 tee time. The guy with tee time at 11:30 already went. The group with tee time at 11:40 told us that they were waiting for a friend so we can go first. He told the guy at the pro shop. The pro shop guy responded in an unpleasant way "NO! Since these guys book through golfnow, I am not going to let them tee off early. Their tee time is at 11:50." So, we simply just waited there for 20 minutes with no one hitting on the first tee until our tee time. I have always book my tee time through golfnow, but this is the first time that someone discriminate against people booking from golfnow this much.

Course well-drained after a rainy weekend

Perfectly sunny day, no wind, and the hot deals price; you couldn't ask for better golf. Great course to work on your short game, longest hole is 156 yards; just make sure you can hit fairly straight. But even if you can't, you can always work on your uneven lie shots. You'll also meet some very nice people on the course.

This course has good greens and well tended fairways.

The course is well kept with well tended greens and roughs. Everything was well watered and pretty looking. I had no problems finding the next tee box, and playing on Monday was nice because it was not crowded at all at 12 noon, so no one was behind us to hurry our play. The day was beautiful and was a nice day for golfing with my friends. The proshop attendant was super nice. Thanks for the opportunity to save some $$. I don't have a favorite course, but I will add this one to my list.

Great course for starters or to dust off the rust

Very laid back course, they know their clientele-- first timers and people trying to get back into the swing of things after a long break. The course is a little expensive for what you are getting, but with that being said it is kept in decent shape considering all the hackers going through the course. It is also lit so you can play into the night and set along the bay for some decent views and fresh air. Great driving range and decent short game area (not free) to work on your game as well. I try to spread the joy of golf to all of my friends. I bring them here for their first course experience because it is very friendly and forgiving. Other people playing the course are of similar skill levels, so pace of play isn't a big issue.

Staff makes your day

super friendly well maintained fabulous views of SF and the Bay Area Usually windy!

Mariner's

Excellent par 3 practice area and great to tune up the short game. Staff is excellent and always ready to help. Best driving range on the Peninsula, bar none.

San Mateo, California