Chateau Course at Chateau Elan Golf Club

Year Built 1989
Architect Denis Griffiths (1989) Denis Griffiths (2016)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Dave Pelz Golf School"

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, Amex, Discover Welcomed
Dress code No Denim; Collared shirt required for men.

Entertaining Clients 19

Always a great experience at Chateau Elan

The course is in great shape, especially for this time of year. I haven’t played the Chateau course in a couple years and, was surprised by how much better the greens were. They’re definitely rolling and the pin placements were tough.

As always, we were treated better than we deserved to be treated. The staff is top notch and treat everyone like they want you to come back.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thank you for the kind comments and great review, moondawg73! We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for playing Chateau Elan Golf.

Georgia Advisor

Fun Course in Great Condition

I have played Chateau Elan Chateau course several times and each time I play the course I always leave asking myself, "why don't II play here more frequently?"
The course layout is fantastic and fun and the conditions are always excellent and the staff and facilities are top-notch.
The greens are exceptional and some of the best greens anywhere in the area. They are always very quick, smooth and have many subtle breaks and undulations. The fairways were blown and cleared of leaves and debris with lots of fun elevation changes. You really can't ask for too much more or get too much better anywhere in the Atlanta area.
In my opinion, this is one of the very best public course in this area. Also, you can usually get a great deal on Golf Now which makes the value for the money a great deal.
The staff were great. The newly renovated clubhouse and restaurant are great. We stayed around after our round and had dinner in the restaurant and the food was excellent.
Overall, a great course at a wonderful price.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thanks for the kind comments, RettJ. We'd love to see you for another round soon! Thanks for playing Chateau Elan Golf.

Great condition

First time I have played in a couple of years and the course was clean, well set up and greens were best I have seen here.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thank you for the great review, Paul9783072! Come back and see us for another round soon.

Great course and facilities

Lovely course and really well managed. Easy to get a game even though it’s busy. Course was in very good condition.

Very friendly competent staff too.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thank you for the kind comments and great photo! We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again soon. Thanks for choosing Chateau Elan Golf!

Make sure you play here

Played at Chateau last week and the setup here is perfect.

The clubhouse has been refurbished and is fantastic. You then have all the practice facilities you need, good driving range, short game practice area and putting green.

The course itself was in great condition with the greens a joy to putt on, the ball was rolling smooth.

The course offers a variety of tees to play from which ensures all golfers at different levels can enjoy the game.

After the round no better way to sit and enjoy a cold one either in or outside the clubhouse.

Staff in the pro-shop were very helpful and did all they could to ensure we enjoyed our day at Chateau.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thanks for the 5-star review! Come back and see us for another round soon.

Please don't miss playing The Chateau now

The greens were exceptional.. cut.. rolled.. smooth.. excellent speed. The fairways were blown and cleared of debris.. with great elevation changes.. mixture of distances.. site lines.. carries.. you really can't get too much better. Played mid week and the weekend and conditions remained impressive.. Again, Please don't miss playing The Chateau now ;)

Commented on 11/13/2019

We appreciate the kind comments and great review, puttforeagle! Come back and see us for another round soon. Thanks for playing Chateau Elan Golf.

Have it then you don't

Played the beautiful course the Chatuea the weather was great the course was great but my Golf game wasn't but nevertheless I thoroughly still enjoyed the outing. A bad game of golf is still better than a good day at work.

Course looks great!!!

I love this course & it’s close to my house. When I see a deal on golf now I usually jump on it. Staff is always nice & considering how dry it is in GA, the course looks really good. I will be back...

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're looking forward to your next round with us.

Beat the heat

Played a round with one of my golf buddies in 3hrs and 10 minutes. 2 slower groups let us play through although we accidentally hit into them no one was hit thank God. The course was in great shape and the greens were super fast which I like. The only draw back was the truck spreading fertilizer drove too close a couple of times while attempting to hit our shots. Other than that it was hot but a great day and a great time going back tomorrow.

Commented on 11/13/2019

We appreciate your review and are happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us! Book another round with us soon.

Nice Course

The Chateau Elan has 2 courses open to the public, the Woodlands and the Chateau. This review is of the Chateau.

The course is resort styled with wide fairways. The greens were great. Fast, smooth and hard. Kind of like playing PGA greens. The layout is nice with some water to contend with. All in all, a nice course.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thanks for the kind comments about our greens! We will pass along your feedback to our management team so they know everyone's hard work is paying off. We hope to see you again soon!

Greens very challenging

Would have enjoyed it more if I had played better. First time playing this course will do better next time.

Commented on 11/13/2019

Thanks for the great review! We're looking forward to your next round with us!

Enjoyable round

First time there in a few years. Course in good condition. Practice range was excellent. Enjoyed the round with my good friend.

Commented on 11/13/2019

We're so happy to hear you enjoyed your round with us. Please book another round with us soon!

Really Good Course

First time back to Chateau in several years. Good shape. Class operation. Good price on Golf Now. Good pace on a Wednesday am. Wish I lived closer and would play it more often.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hi djohn877, thanks so much for your great review. We appreciate your feedback and hope to see you for another round next time you're in the area. Thanks for playing!

Labor Day with a couple buddies

Course was busy but generally in great shape (except the teeboxes were a little rough). Greens fast but fair and fairways green and lush for this time of year.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hi djohn877, thanks for the great review. We always appreciate golfer feedback, so we hope to see you again for another round soon. Thanks for playing Chateau Elan!

Review both Chateau and Woodlands

I play both, so here's some thoughts. Chateau gets more traffic than Woodlands - more open, a little easier and greens better, so makes sense. Chateau course layout ok except for a few spots i.e. one bizarre par 4 (I think 17)...odd piece of land, probably not much they can do.
Best thing about playing either course is super nice folks working in pro shop and restaurant (nicely redone).
Worst thing are cart paths on Woodlands which the new owners need to replace ASAP before someone gets hurt and/or sues them. I've been thrown into the roof (neck strain) a few times. Ask the cart service workers. I mostly drive in fairway for safety. Shameful condition. Not sure the greens on Woodlands will survive. They keep them spongy soft, iron shots routinely burrowed/impaled into green. Owners have spent money but plenty more needed to get courses up to reasonable standards. Fix some basic things on Woodlands and my overall rating goes up to 4. I don't think the Chateau side can get above 4 regardless due to layout limitations. Woodlands has more potential but will the private equity guys put in the necessary money? I doubt it but we'll see.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hi pianogolf, thanks for the review! We always appreciate golfer feedback and hope you consider returning for another round soon. Thanks for playing!

Great course Great Place Great Staff

New to the area. First time playing at this course. Best public course I have played in this area so far. Looking forward to playing the Woodland course soon.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hi sammy3326601, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate your feedback and are looking forward to you next round with us!

Great place to play

Enjoyed the course layout fairways and greens were in great shape

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hello, thank you for your 4-star review. We're happy to hear you enjoyed your round and hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Thanks for your 4-star review! Please book another round with us soon.

Chateau Elan – A Golf Resort and Winery That Has It All!

Chateau Elan – A Golf Resort and Winery That Has It All!
Attention golf and wine aficionados: There’s a resort about 40 miles northeast of Atlanta, GA that is a full production winery with 45 holes of resort-style golf. With 3,500 acres of wine and golf, it’s sure to keep enthusiasts of both busy.

Chateau Elan is a both a luxurious golf resort and winery - the first winery of its kind in the region since Prohibition - a tennis center, equestrian show center, conference center, European-style health spa and residential community.

Chateau Elan was founded by Don and Nancy Panoz. The couple met while Don was attending Greenbrier Military Academy. After his tour of duty ended, Don studied business at Duquesne University and operated two drug stores in Pittsburgh while Nancy stayed home and attended to the couple’s 5 children. Eventually Don formed Mylan Laboratories, which became an innovative leader in the field of pharmaceutical delivery.

In 1969, the Panoz family packed up and moved to Ireland and created the Elan Corporation, which holds more than 100 world-wide patents including the nicotine patch. During visits to the Elan research lab in Gainesville, GA, the couple gained an affection for Muscadine wine, made from the indigenous Muscadine grapes. It seemed only natural that their next endeavor would be to delve into the world of fine wines! By instilling the same discipline and standards that made them highly successful in the pharmaceutical industry, Chateau Elan and its award-winning vineyards have become the envy of many within the winery world.

In addition to an award winning winery – with hundreds of national and international awards to its credit – it’s also home to 45 holes of golf. You’ll experience everything Georgia golf has to offer, serene valley lakes and rolling Georgia hills. The Woodlands is one of two championship 18-hole layouts and is considered by many to be the most challenging and scenic of the two. As you play your way around The Woodlands, you’ll be treated to stunning views of the north Georgia foothills. The course plays around several sparkling lakes and towering trees line the fairways of a few holes. There are plenty of elevation changes so be ready for a few blind shots and the rolling terrain makes for some interesting lies. From the back tees, Woodlands plays 6,725 yards, with a course rating of 73.1 and a slope of 135. At 6,355 yards (71.1/132), the Green tees provide most men all the golf they can handle while the ladies will find the Burgundy tees (4,850/69.2/129) a good test of their abilities. Four sets of tees make the Woodlands course enjoyable for golfers of all abilities.

One of the most memorable holes on the course is Number 8, a par 5 that plays 508 yards from the Green tees. Unless you’re a monster off the tee, it’s a three-shot hole, predominantly because of the large lake that fronts the green. The preferred shot off the tee on this dogleg right is down the right side of the fairway and is really your only hope at getting on in two. It also opens up your shot to the fairway on the other side of the lake. Most players will choose to layup in front of the lake, which still leaves a minimum of 150 yards, slightly downhill to the green. If you’re coming in from the left side as many will do, beware of the two large bunkers front left. Amazingly, this hole is handicapped 5th hardest.

The Chateau Course wanders across 170 acres, winding around a lake and two creeks. Thick Bermuda rough borders the fairways and creates the contours that can been seen from the tee. The design is more open than the Woodlands Course and not surprisingly, water comes into play on several holes. Eighty seven bunkers have been strategically placed throughout the layout and can hamper what you thought was a great shot. Chateau plays 7,030 yards from the back tees with a course rating of 74 and a slope of 137. Those wanting slightly less of a challenge will move up to the White tees (5,900/69.2/124). Ladies will find the course enjoyable from the Burgundy tees (5,132/70/120). With four sets of tees, everyone can find a suitable yardage.

No single hole on the Chateau Course showcases the beauty and challenge of the golf course better than the 14th, a narrow dogleg right with tree-lined fairways. Adding to the aesthetics is the waterfall on the pond, short right of the green. The hole plays 400 yards from the white tees and slightly uphill, so it takes two well struck shots to get on in regulation. The lone single bunker back right sees a lot of action from golfers avoiding the water hazard.

There’s also a par-3 course on property. Holes range in length from 73 – 153 yards for men, with water hazards and sand traps in play on several holes. The greens are small, so accuracy is at a premium. The 9th hole is the longest and plays almost totally over water with a sand trap in the front left. The course can be walked in less than two hours and is open to the public.

Chateau Elan also boasts some pretty impressive practice facilities that are open to the public. Their full-length driving range is open during daylight hours. There are plenty of targets to dial in your distances and the Wee Links Practice Facility has a multi-tiered pitching station, practice bunkers, a Bentgrass and two TifEagle Bermuda practice greens. All you need is your own golf balls – for the Wee Links practice area that is!

Chateau Elan is known for its luxurious accommodations, whether it’s a room or suite at the Inn or a golf villa on the 15th fairway of the Chateau Course. The rooms at Château Élan are larger than those at most hotels. They also offer 2- and 3-bedroom villas, perfect for golfers. The golf villas are located on the 15th fairway of the Chateau Course, with various sleeping configurations. Villas are available on a nightly basis, or as part of the Girls Just Want to Have Wine Villa Package and Villa Golf Packages. The golf packages include overnight accommodations, unlimited golf on the Chateau, Woodlands, and Par 3 courses, golf carts and unlimited access to the driving range. Check with Chateau Elan for pricing as it varies by season.

Besides award-winning golf courses, Chateau Elan boasts a variety of health and fitness facilities, including a seasonal outdoor pool and a fitness room with free weight dumbbells, treadmills, elliptical trainers and stair masters. The Chateau Elan Racquet Club offers the best tennis programs in Braselton, Georgia. They have three lighted hard courts, 2 lighted clay courts and 4 lighted pickleball courts. Bring a playing partner or have the club match you up with someone of the same caliber.
Dining is a special treat at Chateau Elan, with 6 dining venues offering a variety of cuisines with award-winning dishes and ingredients. From regional Southern and All-American to Mediterranean, Irish, and healthful Spa Cuisine and settings from casual to intimate fine dining, Chateau Elan has something for everyone.
Should you find yourself by the pool soaking up some rays at the main resort pool, be sure to stop by Le Soleil Pool Bar. They offer a light selection of refreshing sandwiches, salads, and snacks in addition to your favorite poolside cocktail. You’ll find live music and drink specials every weekend during the summer.

The Spa at Chateau Elan is a peaceful sanctuary and the perfect escape, whether you’re staying at Chateau Elan overnight or as a day guest. Inside, the talented staff of massage therapists is ready to engage you in multi-sensory treatments to refresh and rejuvenate your body, mind, and soul. Whether it’s a quiet day of luxurious pampering, a romantic getaway with that special person or an afternoon with friends, Chateau Elan’s world-class spa is an experience you won’t soon forget.

Château Élan is the only certified Conference Center in America that has a full-production, working winery and vineyards. There are 30 meeting rooms, four ballrooms, 12 conference rooms, one boardroom, and a tiered auditorium with stage and fixed seating within the 40,000 sq. ft. conference center. In addition, there are numerous outdoor settings, including a 16th-century-style French Château that provide creative backgrounds for meetings, banquets and receptions.

Commented on 09/13/2019

Hello, thank you for leaving us such a kind and detailed review! Your photos are beautiful as well. We hope to see you again sometime in the near future! Thanks for visiting Chateau Elan Golf.

This was a wonderful course and the staff is very helpful.

This was the first time playing this course. The staff were wonderful and helpful. The course was in good condition and the play had a great pace to it. Will play it again for sure!

Valid dates: Mar 06, 2020 - May 06, 2020
Talamore’s Spring Signature Package (2 Nights / 3 Rounds), starting at $325 per person.