It might not have a lot of competition, but Gilroy Golf Course dubs itself as the "Best 11-Hole Golf Course in America." Built by local farmers and businessmen in 1923, this unique 11-hole routing east of Santa Cruz features small greens and wide, tree-lined fairways set along the Uvas Valley that has changed very little since its founding. Though not a full 18, the golf course is still plenty challenging, including the 245-yard par-3 8th hole, a scenic tee shot considered to be the course's signature. Gilroy Golf Course has suitable BBQ and outing facilities for larger groups.

Gilroy Golf Course

Year Built 1924

9-Hole Rounds 15

always enjoyable

Bruce is always helpful and accommodating of our needs. Our group plays here often. a really great value.

Great Greens

The tees and greens are in great shape. The fairways are drying out and getting hard. The sand traps have an uneven amount of sand in them. Sometimes there is a lot of sand and other times none.

Commented on 07/26/2019

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We are glad to see you rated the rest of your visit to be great during your game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Gilroy Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Great time

Course is going through a change, lots of upgrades coming.
New carts in play.
Played 18 in 3.5 hours on a beautiful day.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hi,

Thanks for stopping by the course. We appreciate your nice comments and hope you'll come back soon!

Golf carts

We should get a discount When you have to stay path only.

Commented on 03/05/2019

Hi, thanks for leaving us a review. We appreciate hearing feedback from our visitors. Please come back soon.

Slow play, decent course, oblivious staff

Got stuck behind a group of belligerent a-holes. Told the clubhouse about it after groups were stacking up behind us and they did nothing. Too busy preparing for some mini tournament later in the day. When checking in, was told what hole we needed to be on by a certain time so as to not interfere with the tournament. I used to play here a lot 10 years ago. It may be a great deal, but I'd gladly pay twice as much for a respectful staff that keeps the nonsense off the course.

Commented on 09/27/2019

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Gilroy Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Golfnow Schedule failure

Booked a tee time through Golfnow got to the GC and they had a tournament scheduled. Said they can’t let me play my 6:50 AM tee time.

Commented on 07/16/2019

Hello , thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Great game some of my best shots ever. I was on in 2 on the 3rd hole which was amazing after a huge straight drive just short of the 150 marker and a

I met some very nice gentlemen along the way playing there game. What and all and all wonderful experience and game .I shot an 82 :)

Commented on 03/05/2019

Thank you for the nice rating. We are happy to hear you had a good round and met some nice people as well. Please come back soon.

I enjoyed the. course very much the staff was very friendly. I will go back and play again.

Response from on 10/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gilroy Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round with us and hope that you will continue to see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warning: NOT 18 Hole Course

So, after arriving at the course, we quickly figured out that the course is NOT an 18 hole course but rather that you have to play the same
9 holes twice with different tee placements. The greens were atrocious and in several instances had large barren patches.

The “clubhouse” cafe closed at 2:30 so when we finished our round we couldn’t get anything to drink, nor eat and just had to leave the key by the door. Not a very welcome feeling. We would absolutely not return! The course should have never been listed as having an 18 hole option, just simply misleading.

Response from on 10/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gilroy Golf Course in the Santa Clara County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Beautiful Country Course

I love this course! I have played it over 75 times.
Great open views, elevated tees, relaxed atmosphere, great staff, friendly golfers, good food and beer.
For the price, it's well maintained and greens in good shape.
If you want to relax, and enjoy your round, I would recommend this course.

What A Good Day at Gilroy Golf today!

Wow it was so good and so smooth and peaceful today at Gilroy Golf Course. I really enjoyed myself and my game was spot on for not golfing in a while. I shot a par on the first hole and it is always a good way to start off so a good game will continue. I shot an 80 today . YAY

Response from on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for rating us. We are always wondering about how we can improve, and we would welcome hearing any specific feedback that you might have.

Not a bad hillside course hidden in the hills

Cool place to play in the bay area. It's very hilly but offers nice views and some good challenges.

I Like This Course

This is not a classy course but a very friendly one with plenty of holes to use your driver without losing all your balls.. The staff treats like family. I always look forward to seeing Bruce. The prices are good and course in reasonable condition. The cart paths always need work but at least you can drive out onto all the fairways except par 3s.
Mike

Response from on 07/09/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gilroy Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the California Santa Clara County area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are always looking to improve and would welcome any additional feedback that you might have.

A fun few hours.

Not in the best condition but it’s a course you can go hit some balls around and use every club in the bag. It’s cheap, carts included, fast pace of play most of the time and is always fun.

Response from on 06/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

great day .Great Game

I always enjoy going to Gilroy golf course ,Don and Butch and all the staff are so nice and friendly to me. I had a good game 47 on the front { Hadn't golfed in a while]. The back nine got a little better 41. All and all a good day and lots of fun as usual there at Gilroy Golf course

Gilroy, California