Gilroy Golf Course

It might not have a lot of competition, but Gilroy Golf Course dubs itself as the "Best 11-Hole Golf Course in America." Built by local farmers and businessmen in 1923, this unique 11-hole routing east of Santa Cruz features small greens and wide, tree-lined fairways set along the Uvas Valley that has changed very little since its founding. Though not a full 18, the golf course is still plenty challenging, including the 245-yard par-3 8th hole, a scenic tee shot considered to be the course's signature. Gilroy Golf Course has suitable BBQ and outing facilities for larger groups.
Gilroy Golf Course
Scorecard for Gilroy
White M: 68.7/112 375 342 383 520 157 369 432 260 171 3009 395 369 355 500 128 388 354 338 168 2995 6004
Green W: 70.1/110 357 312 344 483 122 355 380 243 155 2751 360 283 348 462 86 332 344 247 157 2619 5370

Year Built 1924

9-Hole Rounds 15

I enjoyed the. course very much the staff was very friendly. I will go back and play again.

Response from Gilroy Golf Course on 10/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gilroy Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your round with us and hope that you will continue to see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Warning: NOT 18 Hole Course

So, after arriving at the course, we quickly figured out that the course is NOT an 18 hole course but rather that you have to play the same

9 holes twice with different tee placements. The greens were atrocious and in several instances had large barren patches.

The “clubhouse” cafe closed at 2:30 so when we finished our round we couldn’t get anything to drink, nor eat and just had to leave the key by the door. Not a very welcome feeling. We would absolutely not return! The course should have never been listed as having an 18 hole option, just simply misleading.

Response from Gilroy Golf Course on 10/22/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gilroy Golf Course in the Santa Clara County area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

What A Good Day at Gilroy Golf today!

Wow it was so good and so smooth and peaceful today at Gilroy Golf Course. I really enjoyed myself and my game was spot on for not golfing in a while. I shot a par on the first hole and it is always a good way to start off so a good game will continue. I shot an 80 today . YAY

Response from Gilroy Golf Course on 08/01/2018:
Thank you for rating us. We are always wondering about how we can improve, and we would welcome hearing any specific feedback that you might have.

Not a bad hillside course hidden in the hills

Cool place to play in the bay area. It's very hilly but offers nice views and some good challenges.

I Like This Course

This is not a classy course but a very friendly one with plenty of holes to use your driver without losing all your balls.. The staff treats like family. I always look forward to seeing Bruce. The prices are good and course in reasonable condition. The cart paths always need work but at least you can drive out onto all the fairways except par 3s.

Mike

Response from Gilroy Golf Course on 07/09/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Gilroy Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We are sorry to see that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It looks like you had a friendly experience with our staff and that your round was a great value for you, so we hope this improved your overall experience with us. Thank you for your choosing our course, in the California Santa Clara County area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Response from Gilroy Golf Course on 07/03/2018:
Thank you for leaving us a review. We are always looking to improve and would welcome any additional feedback that you might have.

A fun few hours.

Not in the best condition but it’s a course you can go hit some balls around and use every club in the bag. It’s cheap, carts included, fast pace of play most of the time and is always fun.

Response from Gilroy Golf Course on 06/07/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

great day .Great Game

I always enjoy going to Gilroy golf course ,Don and Butch and all the staff are so nice and friendly to me. I had a good game 47 on the front { Hadn't golfed in a while]. The back nine got a little better 41. All and all a good day and lots of fun as usual there at Gilroy Golf course

Great course at a fair price

Gilroy Muni is a great 11 hole course that will challenge you with uphill holes like #7 and fun elevated tee boxes like #8. Most greens were in good condition and the staff is friendly.

Great Value Fun Course

Friendly staff greeted us and gave us a few tips regarding the course. The course was well maintained and challenging... this Golf Now price was a great value and we had a great time on the course!

Commented On 05/24/2018

Thanks for leaving us such a nice review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our staff and course. We work hard to make sure everyone leaves happy and it's nice to be appreciated. Thanks again and we hope to hear from you soon.

Great game

I was really happy to see since I haven't been toGilroy golf course in 2 months ,They have really been taking care of the course and the greens are so much better now. I shot a 40 on first 9 and 42 on back 9 . Good day I was very happy!

Commented On 05/24/2018

Welcome back to the course. It's great to hear you enjoyed your latest visit to Gilroy. It's even better to hear you had such a good game. Thanks again and we will see you again soon.

Awesome course

First time playing here and what a surprise. Course is great! Well maintained and a lot of fun! I’ll definitely be back.

Commented On 05/24/2018

Thanks for the great rating. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your first trip to Gilroy. We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Great course for beginners!

This is a nicely maintained course. Rate of play is average. Views are fantastic. I really enjoyed playing this course, the staff was very helpful. I recommend this course for beginners as well as intermediate players wanting to work on their game!

Commented On 05/24/2018

Thanks for leaving such a nice review. It's great to hear you enjoyed our staff while visiting the course. It's also great to hear you recommend the course to beginners. It can be hard to introduce people to the game! Thanks again and we hope you'll visit us soon.

Started well but got windy on back 9

A fairly good day on the first 9 but of the tee on 10 was windy 11 , 12 , 13 & 14 . I did finish with a beautiful off the green put on 18 for par. That was about 30 feet woohoo Yay for me

Response from Gilroy Golf Course on 01/30/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Gilroy Golf Course in the Gilroy California area, and for the 3 stars. We appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.
Gilroy, California