Year Built 2017
Architect Gil Hanse (2017) MacCurrach Golf (2017)

Caddies Yes

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities, Spa

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Florida (2019 #40) (2018 #10)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Off-course amenities in the U.S. (2019 #16)

A Bucket list/Top 100 Pick 6
Playing Multiple Courses 6

Streamsong Black - Lies up to the Hype

Played a company Ryder Cup style outing at the Black Course - the course was in amazing shape, greens were fast and rolled true. No bad lies even though it rained heavily overnight, and our Sunday round had a mid-round rain delay. Our forecaddie, Steve, was extremely knowledgeable and gave us great lines off the tee, and good advice on approach shots. His lines on the greens were spot on. Will definitely be back to Streamsong to play the Red and Blue courses. Highly recommended.

Golf Channel

Super interesting....

Took me awhile to get down there from Orlando, and I'm glad that I finally did.

The Black Course is visually interesting and may actually frustrate some people during the first trip around. We, thankfully, took a caddie, which made the angles and aiming points much, much better. Just trust him and hit it where he tells you.

The greens are enormous, even bigger than I thought they would be. And I knew they would be huge. I'd two-putt from 80 feet, then turn around and three-putt from 30 feet. But such is life. It's interesting and was a thrill to play something so extremely different than I normally do.

Good, fun afternoon.

Wild greens

We got to the course nice and early to catch the sunrise over the 18th green, Everyone from the bag drop to the pro shop to the indoor restaurant/ bar was very welcoming and helpful. The clubhouse itself is beautiful and really brings together the facilities. Conditions of the course were excellent, up to par with what you're paying for. The layout of the course isn't anything overly challenging you just better have a good around the green game or it will be a long day. They all slope pretty dramatically and have little knolls everywhere. If you aren't close to the pin and have a downhill chip/ putt good luck. That seemed to be the main architectural feature of the course was the challenging green complexes. Just go into the round knowing you're not going to out play them. If it's your first time out here I would recommend getting a caddie. Course knowledge here will definitely help you with some aiming points and where to try and not miss around the greens.
Overall a beautiful place, nothing really like it anywhere in Florida. Can't wait to play Blue and Red when they open back up.

Fantastic links track with a Stranz feel.

As I went around this amazing links track. I felt like Mike Stranz Had been raised from the dead and designed another 5 star track. Every shot had a risk reward feel. . The greens were huge, with multiple tiers. They rolled as true as any course I’ve played. 12 or 13., They were quick. The clubhouse felt like we were hanging out in the latest james bond flick. Staff was extremely welcoming and helpful. This is a bucket list destination that lives up to the hype. Ps. Make sure you stop before 10 and get the lobster roll. It was simple but perfect on a hot and humid day.

Amazing Day at Streamsong Black!

What a track - Streamsong Black gives you all the challenges and risk/reward shots you can ask for. My friends and I drove down from Orlando for the day and walked 18, grabbed a club wrap in the grill for lunch and then played the "Round-About" a couple times afterwards. Will definitely be back!

Another awesome round on the Black Course!

This was my second time playing the black course. After the first time playing, I said the next time around would be easier. Boy was I wrong. Even though I've played the course and generally knew where to hit the ball, the greens are still SO challenging. The 3 of us in our group used the GolfNow Compete app to find our way around the golf course (Using the GPS) and a friendly competition using the compete function with a shared leader board. We also looped The Gauntlet a few times which is their 7 hole loop right next to the driving range. 7 par 3's ranging from 45 yards to 150 yards. When you head down to Streamsong for your next round of golf, I would encourage you to download the GolfNow Compete app so you can use the GPS Map so you know where to hit the ball AND I would recommend spending some time looping the Par 3 course!

Very enjoyable

Super fun course with very few places to loose a golf ball. Tough to play the first time without a caddy or yardage book so take one or the other when you play. Practice facilities and bar area exceeded expectations. A great place to play golf!

Florida Advisor

Golf on a different planet

After playing Streamsong Black one thing became apparent to me, this is like no other course you have ever played both visually and strategically. The course is sculpted into the sand dunes of central Florida with sand guarding each fairway and green. With wide landing spaces off the tee, open areas just off the fairways, and (as previously stated) sand everywhere it was virtually impossible to lose a ball. The far greatest challenge of the course lies in the greens, drastic undulations make putting very challenging and golfers should lower their expectations as to what would be considered a "good putt". Additionally, I would recommend a caddie as he made the day a lot more enjoyable both in company and course management. We played with a wonderful Caddie named Gio who made the day very enjoyable. I am already looking forward to my next visit to Streamsong.

The Bandon Dunes of Florida

I've never played Bandon Dunes, but I'm assuming it's similar in terms of layout and course experience without the pacific ocean. First time playing the Black course. We walked, without a caddie, and rented push carts. I'm very thankful for the GolfNow Compete app. Without their GPS mapping, I would have been completely lost on sight lines from the tee box. GN Compete was great at providing me with targets, carry distance over hazards and a general overall understanding of the layout of each hole.

Course conditions were great! The greens have CRAZY undulations, with a few of them being a little unfair, but I thought the staff did a great job of at least making the pin placements fair enough to score. You have to walk this course. Riding will take away from the entire experience. You'll miss the subtle hills that exist throughout the terrain and you won't get to enjoy the beach-like feel you experience walking between holes. I hope to be back very soon to enjoy the Red and Blue courses when they reopen in October!

Birmingham Advisor

Finally got the chance to play the Black after playing the other two courses three years ago.

Really love the front nine. Wide landing areas, but taking wrong lines off tee will allow balls to run out into waste areas.

Good use of short fours. Punch bowl green on 9 is a lot of fun. Greens were quick. Par 3s stood out, with all four offering different shot values.

Some holes on back, particularly 10, are hard to navigate without a course guide. Spend a few bucks on one.

Final three holes are good finishing stretch. Use the land to funnel balls in on all three approaches for best results.

Finally, everyone always wants to rank the three. Had I played all three in the same visit it would be easier for me to do so. I know that I preferred the a Blue to the Red on the last trip. Recency bias might place Black at top of list.

Black Course

I have played all the courses at Streamsong probably a combined 60 times. The Black while a great layout, has the worst greens I have ever played and I have played all over the world. The size of them, and they are huge, so much so that you do see sprinkler heads on them, is not the issue, The topography of them is horrendous. There are mounds, valleys, humps and bumps just to start with. A great shot into the middle of a green can end up somewhere on the green or could ricochet 40 yards in any direction. It is a shame to take a great lay-out and have greens that are so over the top. I am sure Hanse wanted to do something different and he did. Its sad that he had to trick it up so much as to ruin the rest of the course. I have played it about 6 times hoping my opinion would change and it has not. The Red and Blue are different but spectacular with the Blue having maybe the best 3 closing holes in the State of Florida. Play the Par 3 within the range at Black if you can. It is fun.

Most forgiving course at Streamsong

I found Streamsong Black to be a wonderful golf course. It was different enough from the other courses to be memorable. It was very forgiving off the tee. The course defends itself with very undulating greens. They are easy to hit, but 3 putts await if you are out of position. I also played the 7 hole par 3 course which was quite enjoyable.

Best course at Streamsong

By far my favorite course at Streamsong. I was able to get out early, beat the heat and have a blast. The greens at the Black are amazing, the 9th is one of the coolest and largest punch bowl greens anywhere. The course has it all and is worth the effort to get here.

Fantastic Layout, quirky greens

The new course is an excellent addition. Many of the greens are a little "putt putt" style with too much undulation. But overall, the layout, scenery, practice facility, and staff are fantastic.

Largest Greens Ever!

We played all 3 Streamsong courses. Every one had something to recommend it as the best one on the property. The Black is designed so that you can get some whacky bounces, and the greens are are humongous. I've never seen sprinkler heads on a putting surface, but every green has them. This was a great experience. My only disappointment was the condition of the greens. They just weren't up to the quality of the Red or Blue. They were a little shaggy and the grain seemed to be more impactful.

Georgia Advisor

Great and Very Challenging Course with Fantastic Conditions

This was my first time playing Streamsong Black. I love the course, but the greens are super challenging. I would highly recommend Streamsong Black and I would say bring your putting A game, but I have NEVER played a course with more challenging greens.

As is the Blue and Red courses, the practice facilities are great. The course is awesome. Tee to green the course is fantastic. The course has wide fairways with tons of humps, bumps, slopes and undulations. There are TONS on bunkers (booth fairway and greenside). Also, huge sandy waste areas abound on pretty much every hole.
The greens are the most challenging greens I have every played. The greens were in fantastic condition, but they are VERY challenging with mounds, slopes, hills, bumps, etc. and everything you can imagine to make them a challenge. Greens in regulation is an irrelevant stat on the Black course. even being on the green you can EASILY 3 and 4 putt. The greens are massive and with big mounds and undulations. That said, I would play this course over and over again because it is that nice.

We played Black after a morning round on Blue (first time ever) that took ~4.5 hrs. We walked and hustled along. The starter on Black was not accommodating to our group (two foresomes back-to-back) when we wanted to switch up the groups for our team match which spanned 4 days of golf. We eventually switched around the groups by the 3rd hole and had a great time.
The course was different than Blue with a lot of sand along the fairways, and fairway and green side bunkers as well. There could be better indicators as to where the next tees were as you left greens which would help first timers who don't have caddies. The course was very interesting and enjoyable to play, especially given the difficulty of a few holes. Our second round on Black the next day was even more fun as we knew our way around and where to direct certain shots. Would love to return!

Pennsylvania Advisor

The Windmill Course

How many times have we, as golfers, said “all this course needs is a windmill”? Well give Gil Hanse kudos for having the nerve to actually put a windmill on Streamsong Black. Once you play the hole with the bowl green, you will understand the reference to a miniature golf course. You cannot see the pin from the fairway, but if you are lucky your approach shot may roll down to the hole if goes in, you win a free game). If not, it is fun to run a put up the side of the bowl and see how close you can get to the hole.

This is the newest of the Streamsong courses, and perhaps the most interesting.

Take the Black

I had the chance to play Black twice during our trip to Streamsong as part of the Golf Advisor Getaway package. Overall, the course was a lot of fun, and I would highly recommend the course to others. It plays pretty similar to the other Streamsong courses but with more extremes. The greens are MASSIVE and have plenty of undulation to them. The punchbowl (#9) was certainly a lot of fun to play. Another great addition to Streamsong!

N Y N J Advisor

Big, bold, great course with a few terribly over-the-top greens

I very much like and would recommend all three Streamsong courses, and I rank them: 1. Red, 2. Black, 3. The Black Course is large-scale grand fun. Tee to green it is fantastic. Wide fairways (wider than Red, but they didn’t seem as wide as the Blue) with good movement and use of elevations and hazards. Big sandy waste areas abound. The course gives strategic options throughout. There are some terrific distinctive features like split fairways and some blind shots. The biggest thing everyone discussed after playing the Black was the greens. I liked the majority of them. They are massive and with big mounds and undulations. On the first 11 or so holes they are fun. They are enormous but the center sections generally are nicely sloped or mounded and then severe features are around those sections. If you are within 30-40 feet of the hole you have a challenging but normal two-putt chance. If farther you have a crazy green mound or slope to contend with. But on 4 or 5 of the greens on the back-nine, the greens are too overboard. The mounds and run-offs take up too much of the greens. You have barely any space to hit from your approach to hold the greens. Other than those 4 or 5 greens, the course is fantastic, but they are so severe that they detract from my overall score. That said, I would play this course over and over again because it is very good, nice to walk, and very fun.

Request A Vacation Quote From Streamsong Resort
Please provide your information below and a staff member at Streamsong Resort will be in contact to help you start planning your travel.
Bowling Green, Florida