Scepter Golf Club - Osprey/Falcon Course

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Great Condition

My friend and I had a 2 pm Saturday tee time. There were no delays and not many people were on the course. The course was in fabulous condition. The greens were not fast but they were in great condition. The course layout is difficult enough to challenge the average golfer. My friend had a difficult 18th hole. He asked the ranger if he could replay the hole and the ranger said OK. His second attempt was still not successful. We would definitely play here again. The clubhouse has water, ice and snacks but no restaurant.

A total 180

I played Scepter in May 2018. The Osprey 9 holes were in nice shape from tee to green, was pleasantly surprised. The Falcon 9 was in pretty poor condition. I swore i wouldnt go back unless we played Osprey/Ibis.

Reluctantly, we chose to play Osprey/Falcon today. The Osprey was still in good shape, but the Falcon course was a night and day difference. We have received so much rain this summer, most of the courses are cart path only. I was amazed at how much better the Falcon course played. The tee boxes, fairways, and greens were almost as good as the Osprey.

I'll definitely be putting Scepter in my rotation of courses now. I have not had the chance to play the Ibis course, but from what big could see, it looked to be in great shape as well.

Commented On 09/26/2018

Thank you for the positive review. The turf crew works extremely hard , especially in the trying Florida summer conditions. They've done a great job and appreciate your kind words. We are glad you had a great time and hope you will play again soon.

Loved It, thank you for going above and beyond

Thank you to Sceptor. First time on course.

Would come out again in a heart beat.

Florida in the Summer. Got 9 in stopped and had a great sandwich at the turn. Went back out. Drenched.

Called back on the 3rd. Roy in the Pro Shop said please come back out and finish.

I did and got my back 9 in.

Above and beyond. Thanks to all at Sceptor and be back soon

Commented On 07/27/2017

Thank you for the fantastic review. The staff works hard to provide great service to all of our golfers. We hope to see you again.

Excellent Conditions

Scepter was in excellent shape. My foursome showed up early and the starter got us out 15 minutes ahead of schedule. The course conditions were excellent. The greens were fair and consistent regarding speed. The rough was high but fair. The course is not overly difficult but challenges every club in the bag. The staff including Heather were friendly and helpful. There was water and ice available but no place to grab and a dog or sandwich on the turn. For $27, Scepter is a bargain. The ranger did a good job about keeping traffic moving. We will play here again.

5c78e1ec-e606-59b9-a465-43f8e3d5cb3b
ScepterSuper
Commented On 06/12/2017

Thanks for the 5 star review. Inside the clubhouse is the Palm Court Restaurant and Bar, you can call them and order take out for the turn.

Not for me

I would not recommend this course because of the way I and my group was treated. The ranger came to us and without inquiring first, accused us of hitting into the group in front of us. I explained to him that I am not new to this game and despite the extremely slow play, (something he should of been checking on) I would never hit into someone despite how slow they were playing, that's what your job is for buddy. This fact plus the slow play and the sad layout, I would not want to go back there, also the course does not have the distance for the back tees on the scorecard, I was told they do not have many people who play from back there so that is the reason why it was left off of the scorecard. I just don't think the course is worth the money nor my time, for whatever I paid here, I would add a few dollars and play Renaissance or Cypress Creek which are just 5-10 minutes drive away.

It's okay

So I'll start off by telling you, there are comparable courses in the area that will give you a better deal for your bucks. I've played here a few times and had no problems. Although this time the Ranger approached me and my group and accused us of hitting into the group in front of us, without asking us if we did or not, which we did not. At the end of the round I went in and told the manager in the proshop who offered an apology. As for the course we played Ibis then Osprey, the t boxes are not in too bad of a shape, the fairways and greens have their moments of being worn thin and patchy. There are no GPS on the carts and the scorecards do not have the yardage for the blue tees, the pro said "when we changed the course, we did not order new scorecards because most of our players don't play from the tips". There has never been a cart girl on the course, so be prepared. I live in Ruskin and only play the course when my Sunday group goes, if I had my way we would play either Renaissance or Cypress creek. One last thing, be prepared for a really slow round on the weekend. Hey ranger Rick help speed up play, if you're going to do a job, don't do it half of it.

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thank you for playing the course and we appreciate the honest 3 star review. We'll work on the customer service opportunities that we have to ensure that you have a better experience next time you visit the course.

Lots of water for errant shots

Nice course in good condition. Greens were a little on the slow side, but I suspect the mowers are set higher with the area in draught. Welcoming gentleman at the pro shop.

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thank you for playing and your 4 star review. The course has stayed in great condition despite the dry winter and we are glad you had a good time. The staff works hard to provide great customer service and we appreciate your recognition. Hope to see you at the course again.

GolfNow Hot Deal

Our Snowbird condo is located right on the Ibis course first tee. Never could afford winter rates but got a summer rate Hot Deal. Being a Michigander I find Florida courses being in poor shape and different overall. This was the best of the 4 FL courses played so far. Enjoyed it very much with 3 friends.

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thank you for playing and your 4 star review. The whole staff is working hard to keep our customers happy and we are glad you enjoyed the experience. We hope to see you again.

Enjoyed playing and would play again

First time playing ibis course and wished we could have played the other nine of scepter as we have not played it yet. Pace was a bit held up but not bad. We did not have any drink or food after as we were not sure it that was open to non members.

Commented On 06/08/2017

Thank you for playing the course and your 4 star review. We truly appreciate your business. The clubhouse next door to the course is open to the public for food and drink. Hope to see you at the course again.

Okay Course

For a private course I thought it would be in better shape than it was. It wasn't that it was in that bad of shape but that it wasn't any better than the public courses that we play.

Commented On 04/16/2017

Thank you for the review. The course now has a new superintendent and is looking very good for summer 2017. We hope you come out and play the course again.

Surprised

This is a private course that allows GN in during the summer. I was totally disappointed. All around condition and routing were no better than local public facility. It appears new ownership is letting this one go.

Enjoyed

Had a great time playing course.

Great place to be

Great layout, not long but have to be straight or else in the water almost every hole -- one suggestion when you go there -- be sure to look out the sign, it could end up someone's backyard as the cart path wondering around ...

Only open to the public in the FL off-season!

This is a private course & only open to the public during off season. It is a beautiful & well maintained course. It is a bit hard to navigate, so watch closely for signs to next tee. A few club members and the starter seemed none too happy with us non-members playing their course. Starter told our foursome we were not really supposed to be there, that GolfNow really screwed up giving us a morning tee time. He was rude and clearly annoyed we were there. This outing was a scouting round for us. We and our spouses are locals and are looking for a home course and club. We really love this golf course, but all of us were very offended and put off by how we as visitors were received and treated!

Greens were nicely cut

Greens were in good shape and everything was well taken care of. Will be back

Quiet, hidden gem in the area

I played this course for the first time 2 weeks ago and found it to be a nice course. I had never heard of the course before until seeing it appear on golf now. I'm glad I gave this course a shot. The back nine of the course appeared to hold the rain a little more as some fairways felt very squishy, but it was to be expected as it rained heavily over night. The course overall was in really good shape with nice greens and fairways. Remember to pay attention to where you are going as you have to drive down many of the neighborhood roads to get to your next tee box. To me this course is a hidden gem of the area. I would definitely recommend.

5c78e1ec-e606-59b9-a465-43f8e3d5cb3b
ScepterSuper
Commented On 10/08/2016

Thanks so much for your honest review. The Scepter Green Team is working hard to make this the Best course in the area, hope to see you soon.

Florida Advisor

Scepter Golf Club

11:23 tee time for $16.05 thru GN.com. Teamed up w/ 3 nice fellas: Jason, Winston, & Paul. Very nice layout in subdivision setting. In very nice condition. Tee boxes, fairways, & greens plush. Bunkers in good shape. Greens healing well from recent aerification: not real smooth but pretty fast. Scepter GC recently joined Golfnow for the summer but will probably not be available once Snowbirds are back in force, so I suggest this course be tried immediately. Carts are battery powered w/ windshield & rain cover in back.

Good Layout

They are having greens problem..very slow should be better by the time the snow birds arrive. Nice to have finally played it since it is normally private but would really like to play it when the greens are back to normal.

Ruskin, Florida