Scepter Golf Club - Osprey/Falcon Course

Pull-carts No

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No
Walking Allowed No
Dress code Proper golf attire.

Playing Multiple Courses 2
Course Layout Excellent

Loved It, thank you for going above and beyond

Thank you to Sceptor. First time on course. Would come out again in a heart beat. Florida in the Summer. Got 9 in stopped and had a great sandwich at the turn. Went back out. Drenched. Called back on the 3rd. Roy in the Pro Shop said please come back out and finish. I did and got my back 9 in. Above and beyond. Thanks to all at Sceptor and be back soon
Off-course amenities Excellent
Commented On 07/27/2017
Thank you for the fantastic review. The staff works hard to provide great service to all of our golfers. We hope to see you again.

Excellent Conditions

Scepter was in excellent shape. My foursome showed up early and the starter got us out 15 minutes ahead of schedule. The course conditions were excellent. The greens were fair and consistent regarding speed. The rough was high but fair. The course is not overly difficult but challenges every club in the bag. The staff including Heather were friendly and helpful. There was water and ice available but no place to grab and a dog or sandwich on the turn. For $27, Scepter is a bargain. The ranger did a good job about keeping traffic moving. We will play here again.
5c78e1ec-e606-59b9-a465-43f8e3d5cb3b
ScepterSuper
Commented On 06/12/2017
Thanks for the 5 star review. Inside the clubhouse is the Palm Court Restaurant and Bar, you can call them and order take out for the turn.

Not for me

I would not recommend this course because of the way I and my group was treated. The ranger came to us and without inquiring first, accused us of hitting into the group in front of us. I explained to him that I am not new to this game and despite the extremely slow play, (something he should of been checking on) I would never hit into someone despite how slow they were playing, that's what your job is for buddy. This fact plus the slow play and the sad layout, I would not want to go back there, also the course does not have the distance for the back tees on the scorecard, I was told they do not have many people who play from back there so that is the reason why it was left off of the scorecard. I just don't think the course is worth the money nor my time, for whatever I paid here, I would add a few dollars and play Renaissance or Cypress Creek which are just 5-10 minutes drive away.
Staff Friendliness Poor
Pace of Play Poor
Course Conditions Fair
Value for the Money Fair
Course Layout Fair

It's okay

So I'll start off by telling you, there are comparable courses in the area that will give you a better deal for your bucks. I've played here a few times and had no problems. Although this time the Ranger approached me and my group and accused us of hitting into the group in front of us, without asking us if we did or not, which we did not. At the end of the round I went in and told the manager in the proshop who offered an apology. As for the course we played Ibis then Osprey, the t boxes are not in too bad of a shape, the fairways and greens have their moments of being worn thin and patchy. There are no GPS on the carts and the scorecards do not have the yardage for the blue tees, the pro said "when we changed the course, we did not order new scorecards because most of our players don't play from the tips". There has never been a cart girl on the course, so be prepared. I live in Ruskin and only play the course when my Sunday group goes, if I had my way we would play either Renaissance or Cypress creek. One last thing, be prepared for a really slow round on the weekend. Hey ranger Rick help speed up play, if you're going to do a job, don't do it half of it.
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Average
Course Layout Average
Commented On 06/08/2017
Thank you for playing the course and we appreciate the honest 3 star review. We'll work on the customer service opportunities that we have to ensure that you have a better experience next time you visit the course.

Lots of water for errant shots

Nice course in good condition. Greens were a little on the slow side, but I suspect the mowers are set higher with the area in draught. Welcoming gentleman at the pro shop.
Commented On 06/08/2017
Thank you for playing and your 4 star review. The course has stayed in great condition despite the dry winter and we are glad you had a good time. The staff works hard to provide great customer service and we appreciate your recognition. Hope to see you at the course again.

GolfNow Hot Deal

Our Snowbird condo is located right on the Ibis course first tee. Never could afford winter rates but got a summer rate Hot Deal. Being a Michigander I find Florida courses being in poor shape and different overall. This was the best of the 4 FL courses played so far. Enjoyed it very much with 3 friends.
Off-course amenities Excellent
Course Layout Excellent
Commented On 06/08/2017
Thank you for playing and your 4 star review. The whole staff is working hard to keep our customers happy and we are glad you enjoyed the experience. We hope to see you again.

Enjoyed playing and would play again

First time playing ibis course and wished we could have played the other nine of scepter as we have not played it yet. Pace was a bit held up but not bad. We did not have any drink or food after as we were not sure it that was open to non members.
Pace of Play Good
Commented On 06/08/2017
Thank you for playing the course and your 4 star review. We truly appreciate your business. The clubhouse next door to the course is open to the public for food and drink. Hope to see you at the course again.

Okay Course

For a private course I thought it would be in better shape than it was. It wasn't that it was in that bad of shape but that it wasn't any better than the public courses that we play.
Course Conditions Average
Value for the Money Fair
Commented On 04/16/2017
Thank you for the review. The course now has a new superintendent and is looking very good for summer 2017. We hope you come out and play the course again.

Surprised

This is a private course that allows GN in during the summer. I was totally disappointed. All around condition and routing were no better than local public facility. It appears new ownership is letting this one go.
Off-course amenities Poor