Style Executive

Year Built 1966
Fairways Blue Grass
Greens Blue Grass
Architect Robert Muir Graves (1966)

Credit Cards Accepted VISA, MasterCard, American Express

Nice Course!

It's a bit pricey but the course condition is definitely worth the money. It's not an easy course which you can drive all the par 4's. It requires course management. Not a long course so it's good for beginners. Pace is very slow though sometimes it's annoying.
Still play here a lot.

Good course!

The price is a bit high but definitely worth the money. Staff is friendly and course condition is great. Sometimes it could get really busy though.

Like the course, but overpriced

The front 9 has problems with ground squirrels.. Tee Boxes ok, fairways good, greens fast with tuff undulations. Perfect weather, pace good (4.5 hours on Sunday) Clubhouse great with bar. But 63$ is tuff, try to
get a afternoon or Hot Deal... maybe 40-45. I like the
challenge of fairway bunkers. Traps were funky, some wet and some hard as your club would bounce.

It's nice, but slow pace

First time was on the 5th for early bday with brother and Father. Got lucky and got an airshow too! Airport close so expect to see planes in and out (cool for me). Pace of play was probably the only complaint i had besides one hole where you kind of get help up waiting for the players to go across the bridge to hit a par4. I got cold waiting on some holes but with the right company, may be tolerable. Took about 4.5 hours to go through course but i felt with a decent pace, could be done in 3 hours and that's no stop at the snack shop after 9 holes. I love that there are no homes close by or anything that makes me nervous to hit when driving for distance. Clever holes that really make you second guess going for it or play smart. I like discipline training so that was a plus for me. Overall Good but with a good pace of play, could be great.

Fun times at Las Positas

Overall it was a quick enjoyable round. The greens were in pretty good shape considering that they were fairly soft.The fairways were a bit on the wet side with many bare spots, although it didn't ruin our round .Overall I think it was a very good value for the money.

Soggy and boggy

Course was severely overwatered and wet. Bunkers were compacted and we tase well. The overall layout is nice and there are some holes that you need to be strategic on. It’s been many years since I’ve been there and unfortunately the course has gone downhill. There are plenty of course options in the area so Las Positas should take note.

end of summer conditions

4 1/2 hour round on a Sunday afternoon. No complaints. Course is fun and distinctive for a muni. End of summer conditions. Greens chewed up a bit, no sand in the bunkers. Enjoyed the round regardless.

Worth playing

This is an enjoyable course with some good challenges. I've played here a couple of times now and will definitely play again.

First time playing the 18

Overall had a good experience. Course layout is not overly challenging, and was in good shape for the most part. About half the greens were recently plugged and were not really playable, but the other half were nice. Beverage cart was seen multiple times which was nice given the heat. Fairways were well cut. Price is high for a muni course not in pristine shape though. One of the nicer 19th holes.

If you really care about a challenging and we'll manicured course, there are other options which are better. There are also better values. I love the links 9 course and will probably play that more often in the future, and go elsewhere for 18.

Disappointed

Worst municipal course for the money!!!!
Can’t define between fairways and rough, dirt bowl course. Soaking wet in some areas and dirt dry in others. Bunkers are like hitting out of a variety of dirt, sand, weeds and sticks!!! OMG.
Greens are like fungus infested and like putting on aggregate concrete!!!!
All that for $63.
I’ve played $40 muni courses in way better shape.
I guess because there is not a lot of options they get away with it.
Oh yea almost forgot.
When I got my cart, it was full of trash. An eaten corn cob wrapped in plastic, seriously???
Dude clean the carts

Will never play Las Positas again.

Without question, and I have played golf all over the Bay Area, all over California, and in many states throughout the U.S., the worst golf course shop attendants I have ever experienced.
Exceedingly bad. B-A-D, BAD.
I will not ever play that course again.
We have way too many choices to put up with wannabe tough guys who lack any semblance of customer service etiquette.

Commented on 07/28/2019

You say you had problems with attendants. You didn't explain what the problems were. Please elaborate. We're they rude, pushy or ters? What happened?

Las Positas Experience

I had no played that course in probably 20 years. The last time I played was a tournament called “Bird Man Classic.” Anyway, great time played Golf with my son and met two great individuals which made the round more enjoyable. The course was in great condition and from the blue tees it was challenging. I would definitely recommend to others. Golf Now provided a fair price for Sunday play. I would definitely do it a again. Oh and the cart girl was awesome and good on the eyes. Get out and try Las Positas.

No play in long time

I had passed on this course for many years due to the slow pace of play. Course is in good shape,lush fairways, relatively smooth greens but not too fast, mostly well kept T boxes. Fairways are pretty wide and on most holes on the front 9 you can recover from errant T shots to adjoining fairways. Water is in play on about 4 holes and placement will be key on a couple of the dog-leg holes (i.e. hole 9, 18). On a hot (over 100 degrees) weekday afternoon there were few players so the pace of play was pretty good, less than 3.5 hours for a three-some. The course can get windy in the afternoon and when it does it can be challenging due to several holes heading into the prevailing winds. Get a weekday deal on Golfnow and finish in less than 4 hours.

Phenomenal

Well maintained, wide fairways, firm greens, good mix of hole difficulty. This could be considered a high end daily use course if they maintained the bunkers better. I felt like I was damaging my clubs every time I hit out of them, they were that thin. One of the few courses I have played recently that had a fully functioning food service at the turn that didn't delay me for a minute. I played 18, mid day on a Wednesday in under 3 hours. Good shots are rewarded and poor shots are salvageable. A smooth, well run operation with a course they can be proud of. It took me 20 years to return to this course...glad I did. I'll be back with others.

Course is in pretty good shape, rough still needs work

We finished 18 in just under 3 hours today, but last week we sat at every T box (was horrible). But today was really quick. . Greens are good, rough still should be s but better managed. Also lots of cut grass not picked up. I’m enjoying this course (as long as we are not watching people head down in their phone walking between holes with zero concern for folks waiting on them!!! While it’s an ok walking course, I’m not sure it should be allowed when groups are packed in ( again today was excellent, and out of the last 4 weeks , we have finished in 3 hours two times, and well over 4 hours 1 time.

Greens / Course

Putting greens were in good condition, last few holes the greens were really fast. Enjoy the round. There was a few wet spots on the course there were over saturated/muddy.

Dublin, California
4.0972058824
Livermore, California

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.