Type Public/Municipal
Baylands Golf Links

Year Built 2018
Architect Forrest Richardson (2018)

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard, American Express

Slow play

Over a 5 hour round is too long. Unfortunate to have beginners ahead of playing the back tees and driving in out of bounds areas for lost balls. 5 minutes allowed by rule but spending 8-10 minutes in sensitive grass area. The Marshall should supervise this. Should never take this long on a Wednesday afternoon. Would have also been nice to have beverage cart.

Slow play

5 hours is too long for a mid day Wednesday. Marshall needs to move people along.

WOW!

Baylands in Palo Alto checked a lot of boxes for me. - - solid routing with great bunkering
- bold green complexes
wide fairways and no rough
firm and fast
very links-y feel w/ constant 15 mph wind
great conditioning
4 hour rd, walking
$28
fun and challenging.
If I lived in the Bay Area I’d be here twice a week and 46 times on Sunday.

Baylands Golf Links

Wow what a course! Great layout, tough conditions with the winds in a beautiful setting. I highly recommend.

wow

What a great fun course. You control difficulty by choosing the tees. We chose white as we wanted to enjoy a course we had never played and we aren't much longer than 200 yards on most drives. Really beautiful links style course with wide fairways, true greens and bunkers with actual sand in them. I thought I couldn't play out of bunkers anymore because I've been playing courses who don't tend them. Not Baylands. Nice fluffy lies. The wind was pretty constant at 15MPH...not enough to make the round torturous...but if you don't strike it well, the wind will play with it. Round was around 4 1/2 and bogged down around 15...but candidly...didn't bother me...my back may have had a different opinion. I loved the round...fun, challenging, great staff. we will be back.

BAYLANDS

Staff was great and the two guys we played with were lot of fun, regulars. The tee boxes and greens were very good, the fairways need some work. Bunkers were good, sand was a little thick. Might play again sometime. Price was a little high at 85 bucks. Probably a 50 dollar course.

Baylands maturing nicely

This was my first return visit to Baylands since attending the grand opening last spring following Forrest Richardson's redesign. The course has matured nicely. The fairways were green from recent rains, yet firming up to give golfers the firm and fast conditions the architect wants. And the native grasses that line the wide fairways are growing longer and getting thicker, providing the proper punishment should you miss a shot and also adding to the beauty of the landscape.
The only thing missing at Baylands is combo tees, because the blacks/tips at 6,700 yards are too long for most golfers and the 6,112-yard blue tees are a tad short. I almost felt guilty shooting 82, one of my lowest rounds in a while, and I didn't even play that well. However, I realize we did get lucky with no wind, which is a major defense of the course, especially when the afternoon breeze off the bay picks up steam. A 6,400-yard combo tee setup would be ideal. It's a great walk and good fun, especially around the intricate greens, no matter what tees you play.

Feels like The British Open.....Great Layout and Experience!

I play 2-3x per week at Cinnabar Hills, this was a great changeup and delightful experience.

i approach the first tee and it feels like I am at Carnoustie or Chambers Bay. The entire airways is all bermuda with the extremely firm greens all bentrgrass. Greens have literally no divots of spike marks in them, very firm running at 9/5-10 (yes I brought my stimpmeter).

I left the driver in the bag and played my 3-wood and 17 degree hybrid off all the tee's. If you have a stinger in your bag and love hitting low bleeders, each tee box presents great opportunities to play those shots.

Side Note: Ben at the bar is a boss, really enjoyed his presence and hop-knowledge. They have fresh-baked cookies inside the pro-shop when you pay your green fee's, who can be mad at that?

Had a great time!

Had a BLAST! Really enjoyed this course for my first time going after it being renovated. Loved the style of the course and how open it was. Just didn’t like the pace of play and how packed it was. Obviously I’m not in control of how many people show up, but it was a lot of groups.

Excellent course

Baylands is a very good course with challenging holes. It is not long but plays a bit long because of wind and hazards. The course is in excellent condition especially for a public course. It is not cheap but a good value.

Upgrade!

This is a great upgrade from the dog track called Palo Alto Muni. Baylands is a very similar layout but so much more fun. Still windy in the afternoons and very busy but great golf experience for 40 bucks. The greens are in great shape. Green complexes are interesting but not over the top. The bunkers still need to settle but I was very pleased with the overall conditions of the fairways and tee boxes.

Overpriced

Good course conditions- it’s new. Full of hackers tho, and also nobody plays fast. The staff is SUPER pretentious, all hackers too I’ve played with some or watched. I suggest playing 7am for fast pace. It took 6 hours Saturday. And I’m a +1 HC hitting all greens and FIR. Ppl here are beginning golf every time.

Needs water!

They need to water this course. The greens are so firm balls don’t land softly, yet roll so slow. There was construction the entire time on the back nine. I also chipped my 60 degree wedge because of the rocks in the rough. Very disappointed for $85 green fee.

Fun

I played the course about 10days ago. Right away, I want to come back and play it again. The course conditions are perfect. And the price is awesome. Great value. I love the green most it's tricky But , it rolls good. . I had so much fun. Guess I will be back

First time play Baylands. The course Wowed me. The afternoon wind definitely makes the course more challenging ( glad we played white) the conditions are like PGA tournament setting. Green are so much fun ( tricky ) at the beginning we have no idea where to go. But, after few holes we just kept going. Will definitely Come back for another round.

Mountain View, California