2.4

Par 3 3 4 4 3 3 3 4 3 30 30

Year Built 1980

Bunker No

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa
Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

9-Hole Rounds 7

Course needs some TLC

Bixby Village is a walkable 9 hole course that is really fun to play. It needs some attention, however. There are many places where the grass is brown or completely dead and the ground is hard, and there are ball-eating gopher holes all over the course.

Disappointed

The course is dried out. The pace of play and staff were disappointing. I only play this with the hot deal. Otherwise it is not worth it.

Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 06/11/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bixby Village. We are sorry to see that you had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Great price but very poor fairways. Hit off dirt most holes. Would not play here again until it’s in better condition.

Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 06/04/2018:
Hello Catherine, thank you for taking the time to review us, Bixby Village Golf Course in the Long Beach, California area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best shape on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the greens so may work on any necessary improvements. However, we're glad you received a good value for your round and had a fun time on the course. Thank you for choosing to golf with us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Pleasant Afternoon

I played on a holiday expecting huge crowds and slow play. It is a great little walking course that is a great value. A lovely afternoon with no wait on any holes. Will play again soon.

Great Little Course

I like playing at Bixby Village because of the challenges it offers. Holes 5 and 7 are the most challenging to me on account of the location and shapes of those greens. I feel like I accomplished something great when I par either hole.

I would give this course a 5 Star rating if they had practice cages for warm up and a chipping area.

good course better staff

the course is nice but I have to say the Staff is the best. they are always extremely nice and helpful. my buddies and I drive over 20 miles each time we play here and have never had an issues. the greens could use some work sometimes but it is overshadowed from the great experience each and every time we play here. whether you are a beginner or seasoned hacker you will enjoy yourself here.

Make it rain

Got to play a quick round with lite rain. Super fun and challenging to play. Every shot you had to consider the rain and take a different approach than you would normally do.

Laid back, no frills course.

This par 3 course is great for me, as I am a beginner player. The fairways are wide with few hazards. My husband who is an advanced golfer enjoys the laid back atmosphere of this course. We have played here numerous times, & have played through the 9 holes within 2 hrs.

My only complaint is that they allow 5 people to play together, which can back up play when it's busy. All in all a love this course.

Playing here is better than doing chores at home....

The fairways need a little work, the bunkers have never been good (no sand) and the greens used to be very nice, not now. With all the negatives out of the way, the course is still worth the fee. If you don't get stuck behind a slow foursome and can play at a decent pace this course can still be fun. If you want to get a real golf experience you should play somewhere else.

Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 12/21/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us, Bixby Village Golf Course in the Long Beach area. We're sorry to hear the course may not have been in the best condition on the day of your round, and we appreciate your feedback regarding the fairways and greens so we may work on any necessary improvements for your future rounds with us. However, we're glad to hear you still had a fun golf experience and received a good value. We hope you will notice improvements next time you join us, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Friendly local and quick 9 hole

Enjoyed a quick round on this short 9 hole. Mostly par 3, 2 short par 4's.

Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 11/20/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bixby Village Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your 9 hole round and we hope you will see improvements in the course conditions the next time you are with us. It also looks like your round was a great value for you, so we are glad to see that. Thank you for recommending our course, in the Los Angeles area, and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

What a Deal!

What a little treasure. 5 Bucks? (5 more to turn it into 18) Greens nicer than the $40 round a week ago!

Good quick round

Had to pick up a friend at the Long Beach airport and the flight was delayed so I decided to give this place a shot. I got on golfnow and saw there was a time for only $5 so I booked and headed to the course. It was a quick 9 holes a few holes were moved up but stil has some length to them. A few par 3s measured over 160 yards and a few par 4s u were able to hit a wood or driver if u wanted to. Course conditions were ok some holes showed some wear and tear but for what I payed and the asking Greens fees there I’d say it was manageable.

Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 10/23/2017:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bixby Village Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to see that the course conditions might not have been up their normal standard that day, however do hope that the good pace of play and course layout were able to make your round more enjoyable. Thank you for recommending our course in the Long Beach, CA area and we hope to see you again soon!

Another course that I play only because of GN

This is a good practice round course. It is a nice layout with actual thought put into the design. It is not in the best of condition with patchy grass and no sand in the bunkers. The pace of play has been great. The staff is friendly. This course in my opinion is a Golf Now course meaning that it is a good value through GN ($9-$13). If I had to pay rack rate to play, they would never see me again!!

Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 10/11/2017:
Hi, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bixby Village Golf Course. We are sorry to hear that the course conditions were not their best that day, but do hope that the great course layout was able to make your round a little bit better. Thank you for recommending our course in the Long Beach, CA area and we hope to see you back again soon!

Water, Please!

The course is fun for a 9 hole executive course, unfortunately they are not watering this course. All the grass is dry and dying including many fairways and most greens. A little sand in the bunkers would be nice. The previous groundskeeper kept the greens in perfect condition you can tell something has changed.

Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 10/06/2017:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bixby Village Golf Course, and for the 3-stars. We are sorry to hear that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played and your feedback is appreciated. It sounds like you enjoy playing our 9 hole course and we hope you will see an improvement for your next round with us. Thank you for golfing with us, in the Los Angeles area, and we hope to see you again soon.
Response from Bixby Village Golf Course on 09/06/2017:
Hello Ricky, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bixby Village Golf Course, in the Los Angeles area. We appreciate your feedback in regards to the value for your money. We are glad to see that you found our staff friendly. Thank you for playing with us, and we hope to see you again soon.

Bixby Village Golf Course

Nice course, good for practice. Grounds could be manicured a little better. All the workers are very friendly.

Nice little 9 hole track

This nice little 9 hole tucked away near Cal State Long Beach is perfect for getting in some golf at any time. Pace of play is great, nice mix of different length par 3's with some par 4's sprinkled in. For the price you pay you get good value plus its a nice walk with little to no wait time.

great place

the course is decently good. but I have to give it to the staff. the staff there is extremely friendly and accommodating. I will definitely be playing here more often.

Seal Beach, California