2.4

Year Built 1980

Carts Yes - $14.00

Bunker No

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa
Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

Snacks

Clubhouse

9-Hole Rounds 7

Needs Help

Unfortunately, this course used to be one of my favorite hidden gems in the Long Beach area but it has declined badly due to a lack of maintenance. Course is in terrible condition. It's a shame. Hope they can bring it back.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Needs maintenance

This course used to be one of my favorite hidden gems in the Long Beach area, but unfortunately it has gone seriously downhill. The lack of care for the course has left it in really rough condition. Hopefully they can bring it back at some point.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hello, we appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review. We would love to know how we can earn those last two stars next time! Thanks for playing Bixby Village Golf Course.

Commented on 11/11/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing Bixby Village Golf Course.

Very Poor and not worth money

Dont play here.It is not cheap and the greens are not kept up.Do not recommend.

Commented on 10/26/2020

Hello and thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your recent visit with us. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see that you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Please feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

Horrible!!!

Course is in horrible shape. The course basically looks abandoned. Bad greens, bad fairways, bad tee boxes and there’s no sand in their bunkers.
]They allowed a 3some ahead of us to play with 1 (one) set of clubs. I spoke to the marshal, he said that the course allows for sharing clubs. They also allowed a 5some ahead of them (during a pandemic (10/9/2020).
Needless to say, a course that should’ve taken an hour and a half, took a little over 3 hours.
For about $2 less, you can play at The Monterey Park 9 hole golf course about 30 minutes away, and it is 100 times better.
I will never play here again. Save your money. Not worth the $18 weekday green fee.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve, and we are working towards getting things up to par. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to earn your business again soon!

Bixby Village Golf

The course direly needs some TLC. The course condition does not merit the current pricing. There also needs to be better direction for carts also.

Commented on 10/05/2020

Fun little course!

Fun place to play a quick 9 holes. Lots of dirt, not a lot of grass on the fairways but overall you cant beat the price

Commented on 09/22/2020

Hi Chris! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

Very rude management

I called the Bixby Golf Course and asked if 4 boys could play while I supervised/chaperoned. He said yes, but I would have to pay a spectator fee. No problem ..... I made a reservation and all the boys were excited to end their first full week of distance learning with a round of golf. Five minutes after paying, a lady (I’m assuming the manager or owner) said we could not play since there were 5 in our group and the rule is 4 players. I repeatedly told her I called 2 days prior and specifically asked if it would be ok to have 4 players and 1 spectator. She said her employee would not have told me that and I replied, “I’m not lying”. Then she said the boys were too young (ages 11, 11, 11, and 7) and implied they were not good enough to play the course as they would “hold up the line” since they had “back to back” tee times scheduled. There was nobody scheduled after us and in fact they had a lot of reservations open for that day and the days that followed. I also told her they boys had played the course a few times before. They are by no means the next Tiger, but they can hold their own on a Par 3 course. After listening to her repeat herself, I asked for a refund and she said, “Ok good”. She then called her employee and wanted me to listen to his voice to see if it was the same guy I talked to, I told her no. As I was walking out, I heard her say to her employee, “Why would you tell her that?”
The website states “4 players”. I was told 4 players and 1 spectator would be ok. There was a mistake and I was told the wrong information. Mistakes happen, but be professional, be respectful, and apologize because the mistake was not made on my end. Also, don’t imply that kids are not good enough to play ..... this course is not that hard .... and don’t lie and say you are booked when you have many reservations available. Your Yelp reviews are poor due to the upkeep of the course. I hope you don’t have more poor reviews on the management.

Commented on 09/21/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for your experience during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game and will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. For further resolution in this matter, please feel free to reach out to our team in the pro shop. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to hear from you soon.

Commented on 09/14/2020

Hello, thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit? Please know that we take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course.

Commented on 09/25/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round? Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course, and we hope to see you again soon.

One large sand trap.

This place is really "the pit" of Long Beach golf. The conditions are terrible, the carts were slow (not like they need to be fast, but they were oddly slow), the greens had obvious weeds and the patches of crap outweighed the patches of green -- my ball bounced while "rolling" on the green), the sand is terrible and hard, and the staff was less than friendly. They told me that since I paid online, there were no "junior" rates. Every t-box was under construction. The only thing that was good about it -- was that it played pretty fast. I think that is cuz no one should want to be there... STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE -- THERE IS ALWAYS SOMEWHERE ELSE TO SERVICE OUR SHARED ADDICTION TO THIS STUPID SPORT.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Commented on 09/08/2020

Hi, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Bixby Village Golf Course. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Commented on 08/31/2020

Hello and thanks for the review. We see you rated the course 1 star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course.

Could be a good 9 hole track but.......

With some tac this could be a good nine hole track but the current state completely disappoints. Little to no fairway grass or tee boxes with greens you need a driver to hit a 20 foot putt. Hit the range on the mats for a better value.

Commented on 08/31/2020

Great value

Great value. Looks like they’re trying to green the place up. A couple landscapers were hard at work. Grass getting greener.

Not going to lie. I like when it’s dry. My shots roll a bit further! Awesome to see the efforts to make it prettier.

Seal Beach, California