Style Executive
Bixby Village Golf Course

Year Built 1980

Bunker No

Credit Cards Accepted MasterCard, Visa
Dress code Shirt and shoes required.

9-Hole Rounds 7

Great place to learn

Great price, and a great place to learn. Short course, but not all identical shots. I feel like I pulled a different club on most holes.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hello, ferrory2. Thank you for taking the time to leave Bixby Village Golf Course a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great course for the beginner and good test of skills for the seasoned golfer.

Fun course to play. Excellent place for the beginner to get experience to play the 18 hole courses. As for the seasoned golfer, good little track to get in a quick 9 hole round on with a little bite.
In my opinion, Bixby should not be overlooked for the beginner and the seasoned golfer.

Nice Little Course

This is a great place for a quick round of golf. The layout is good. Easy to walk. There were a couple greens that were in bad shape. However, this is a good place to play.

Not too much green

There’s a lot of dead grass and just plain dirt that you’re hitting off of. Dead grass usually doesn’t affect my swing but my usual playing partner thought it was affecting my shots a lot.

On the other hand, you don’t have to pay too much green cash for a round. You get what you pay for.

Commented on 09/09/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

It has gone downhill

No grass, bunkers are like concrete, tee boxes not mowed or trimmed, holes haven't been moved in so long that the holes are smaller with grass growing over the edge, faiways are basically dirt or dead grass, golf carts are barely charged, and now, you can't drink a beer while playing!
Used to be a fun course, but has been neglected, too long!

Commented on 08/19/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We have projects ongoing to and the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Good for the (Senior) Money

This can be a challenging course depending where you hit your first shot. There is good variety in each hole so you can use a variety of clubs on the round.

I qualify for the Senior rate at $8.50 a round, so the price is good for me.

I find the condition of the greens to be lacking due to the variety of grasses grown. Sometimes the ball skips around like a pinball. Also, I play first thing in the morning and the greens have been absolutely soaked leading to an extra putt or two due to the heaviness of the soaked grass.

The staff are always friendly and offer free coffee.

Overall, this is a good value for he money. I can live with the condition of the greens.

Happy Fourth

Played a round here on the 4th of July. It is exactly what you would expect from a nine hole course for 10 bucks. A few really fun holes, one has a donut green ( a big round green with a sand trap in the middle. The par-4's were very user friendly, I hit a 3-hybrid off the tee on all of them and had a wedge to the green each time. Greens were pretty slow, but in decent shape. Overall, if you are looking for a "bang for your buck" course, this is for you .

Quick nine holes for cheap.

The course is rough, but the play is fun.

If you’re used to private courses and fancy amenities, you will be shocked, BUT....

I love this course. It’s super fast, and you can play the whole thing in under an hour, easy. I’ve never waited too long or been backed up, and since I’m hardly ever playing too seriously, I’m usually ok with joining another party

I walk this course every time because it’s so short and I’m a cart guy for sure. $9 a hole is perfect for a quick round before or after work.

Staff is friendly enough, and despite being in a nice neighborhood the locals are friendly. I like it.

Commented on 04/23/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Bixby

Pace of play was slow the last 4 holes, but that’s only normal for California

Commented on 03/01/2019

Hello, and thank you for taking the time to review our course, Bixby Village Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will continue to see improvements in the course the next time you are with us. We are glad to see that you had a smooth round and a friendly experience with us. Thank you for playing our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 01/22/2019

Eh

Course was about as “Eh” as they come. Not a big stickler when it comes to how the course is maintained but it was a little hard to overlook some of it. Inconsistent grass, dirt everywhere, no real tee boxes. My real rating would be 2.5 Stars.

Commented on 08/22/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback on the conditions to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Bixby Village Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Could be maintained better

Fairways could be kept up better. Greens were a little slow.

Commented on 05/31/2019

Hello adamo9, thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us at Bixby Village Golf Course. We are sorry to see that the fairways and greens may not have been in the best shape when you played. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and we will use it to make the necessary improvements to the course. Our golfers overall experience is extremely valuable to us and we hope that you will give us another chance to show you how we've improved. Thank you for your choosing our course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

4.1905705882
Seal Beach, California
Seal Beach, California
Lakewood, California
Huntington Beach, California

Valid dates: Apr 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
Bring your game and Make it Grand when you stay on the Stay and Play Golf package. Experience The Brute, a stunning 7,300-yard American classic or The Highlands, a picturesque landscape of scenic hills, trickling creeks and lush foliage.