Corica Park - South Course

Corica Park - South Course
Yellow 72 4767 yards 63.5 108
Yellow (W) 72 4767 yards 67.8 116
Scorecard for South Course
Black M: 73.2/129 533 394 388 469 133 525 187 297 409 3335 444 248 474 332 370 495 179 579 418 3539 6874
Blue M: 70.7/124 504 356 357 415 108 484 163 262 381 3030 405 220 442 306 340 464 147 559 390 3273 6303
White M: 68.1/118 W: 73.3/127 473 327 329 378 89 451 145 256 358 2806 373 185 402 280 304 430 130 515 364 2983 5789
Red M: 65.3/116 W: 70.6/121 439 292 289 339 79 397 128 178 316 2457 348 160 369 259 274 397 112 479 346 2744 5201
Yellow M: 63.5/108 W: 67.8/116 401 264 255 287 72 369 120 165 278 2211 319 149 352 239 250 371 105 452 319 2556 4767

Year Built 2018
Fairways Santa Ana Bermuda
Architect Rees Jones (2018)

Carts Yes - $15

play on!

Not bad at all, greens are a bit fast and hard to stick but I am sure after a few good rains they will be great! I really enjoyed playing the new course!

Rees Jones re-birth in Alameda

Completely renovated and it is an eagle! Go check it out ASAP if you haven't been to Corica Park is a while. Best new course in the Bay Area!

Great new design that offers something new!

Very fun course layout that differs from the numerous Parkland style courses. I loved that you have to think around some of the greens, and from 100-150 yards in, as to the best angle to attach the pin rather than blindly chucking a wedge at the flag.

The course can be windy, so keep an eye on the flags. It was often completely benign from the fairway but extremely windy at the flag. I would highly recommend visiting.

The green complexes can be tricky and are large, so I'd imagine that the setup can vary greatly from visit to visit. I cannot wait to go back!

Commented On 08/31/2018

Appreciate the feedback and review. Glad you enjoyed the new course. Hope to see you again soon.

Corica Park - South Course July 2018

My first impression upon pulling into the parking lot was pretty much a construction-zone. That's what the area near the clubhouse is right now, but hopefully not for too much longer. As far as the golf course goes, terrific design and really fun to play. I love the firm and fast mantra here. Who cannot use a few extra yards off the tee? I do not not live in Alameda county and I am very disappointed I cannot purchase a locals card as I am a member of the Men's golf association. I thought that came with my annual dues? Golf shop folks are really friendly and they'll get some of the bugs out of their system shortly. I have had no issues with slow play as others have commented here. Really a fun track and there are NCGA discounts for Bay Area golfers. Give the folks at Corica Park a call and get out on the new South course. A Fun Time will be had by all.

Commented On 08/31/2018

We appreciate your comments, and apologize for the construction around the clubhouse as a new 10,000Sq ft practice green is almost complete. We are also upgrading the range matts to power tees to improve the practice experience. Cart paths on the course are ongoing and will be completed over the coming months. Happy to hear how much you liked the course design and features.

Tournament Review

144 Ladies played a shotgun, for many the first time course. Here are comments:

“Enjoyed the reworked course very much. Loved the greens (contours/speed). Hated the tight fairway lies, would like a little more grass on the fairways. Will be returning.”

“My friends thought it was beautiful and rather easy if trouble was avoided.”

“They liked course, did wonder if fairways would continue to brown and dry out”

“My friends . . . . . raved about the course. I enjoyed it very much as well. It was my first time and felt it was fun and challenging.”

“They loved it I will invite them again to come once the newness has died down!”

“No complaints---they liked the course. Felt it was player friendly---

straight forward but some tricky greens.”

“Loved it! May bring spouses to play. We had a great time.”

‘Even if didn't putt well I really like the greens and how smooth they are”

minimalist design is what they strived for and I think thats exactly how I would describe it...

Lets start off with the obvious....Is it worth the 120.00 pricetag-absolutely NOT! Was it a fun track to play....I had a good time,first 4 holes started very slow at 20-25 mins per hole and yes we waited at every hole the round but it did pick up a little on the back.But we did indeed wait at every hole,in fact we saw an 8some on one hole even.For a course just opening after a 2 and 1/2 year wait you would think it would be pristine but it has ALOT of brown grass throughout on fairways(mostly the first 9 holes)Greens were in great condition and definitely the challenge on this course with very few flat lies which I did love.Carts were awesome with GPS(But I think the GPS is off,using the yardage given on screen I was always long)They were really comfortable and newer although the clanking around from the tow bar is annoying.I was also surprised that they have not paved or finished the cart paths yet very very dusty.And there wasn't one ball cleaner on the whole course which was odd.Overall all a major improvement over the old course but the price is not realistic for what it is.I guess if your an alameda resident at twilight you can play for 30 bucks which for that this would be a great bargain,but for the non residents playing normal rates forget it,coyote creek tournament,Wente,Poppy Ridge and Cinnabar all make this pale in comparison.I was actually dumbfounded by how crowded this was but all I can guess is there alameda residents and lucky there on the same deal San Francisco residents are on there for presidio and Harding Park.I would only recomend this course if you can find a HOT deal for under 50.00 at 2:00 or before.

Commented On 08/31/2018

We appreciate you taking time to share your experience. I want to clarify rates for non-residents do vary some based on various factors. As we move into September the current rates for non-resident are around $60 weekday and $80 weekend walking with $15 optional carts. We also offer NCGA member rates at $45 weekday and $64 walking.

Overall the course design is to play more dry and firm as a links style sand belt course. This gives players more roll.

Ball washers and benches have been added since you played and cart paths will be completed in the coming months. Slow play is never fun, but it is improving as we have modified the course set up on some holes, which has made a markable difference with pace of play now averaging 4-4:30. Glad you enjoyed many things about the round and appreciate the feedback on the other items. We do care and thank you for sharing.

Slow play & not worth it

For the price of these green fees, I was expecting a higher experience. All in all, it was very disappointing.

Pace of play is extremely slow and as other post mention, we were moving at a 5.5+hour pace.

Front 9 grass is starting to turn brown and course layout is ordinary and not much different than Sunnyvale golf course.

I recommend having a marshal patrol the course and get players moving and having a starter pair people up.

Commented On 07/16/2018

The course design is a Sandbelt style, grass is healthy and in excellent condition but to preserve valuable water resources and allow for more distance on roll out of shots, it is designed to be brown and play faster than typical US courses. Pace of play overall has avg 4:30 but agree some times have been slower and will work to improve with additional marshals. As for price, we do offer an annual Alameda County Resident Card that offers great value w/green fees $40 weekdays/$50 weekends or a NCGA members rate at $55 weekdays/$75 weekends. Construction around clubhouse will be completed in about 3 weeks, which will add the new putting green and patio. Hope you will give it another chance or contact me directly at ken@greenwaygolf.com to further discuss your experience. Thank you for feedback

- Ken C (managing partner)

Very SLOW!!!

The starter seemed anxious and unorganized. It would have been a fun afternoon if we didn't have to wait at EVERY hole. 5 hours and 15 minutes. Not FUN!!

Excellent remodel

Probably one of the best additions to Bay Area golf in a decade. Solid, moderately challenging layout and really well maintained. Doesn't blow your hair back, but solid fun and an awesome range and ample chipping and putting facilities. After the North Course is redone, I think this will be a top spot to visit.

It's Chuck, 2.0

I walked up for a twilight round, and the guy in the pro shop kept trying to dissuade me from playing. Told me that starting at 5, I'd get in, at best, 11 holes. I decided to take my chances, knowing full well that I could have gone to Metropolitan and been certain of playing all 18 for half the money.

The redone course has been open for 10 days now, and is in pretty good shape. The cart paths, on the other hand, look horrible. Potholes all over the place. No ball washing stations, hole markers are temporary, likely waiting on the permanent ones. But for the premium price, I"m a little disappointed that there are not the normal amenities.

There were no marshals out on the course anywhere to push people along. Corica Park seems to care about you as a guest until they have your money, and then, you're on your own.

Other than the plethora of bunkers on most of the holes, it's not a terribly challenging course. Turf is firm, greens roll nicely. The fescue makes it nigh on impossible to find an errant ball, but we're not supposed to hit into that long grass, are we?

The new golf carts have a GPS system, which is great. Geofencing keeps you from driving too close to the greens, which should keep things looking nice. Downside? My GPS rebooted every other hole, and then multiple times per hole on 15-18. Made it kind of useless.

All in all, I'm underwhelmed. For the price they're asking, I expect more. A lot more.

first time after renovation

Overall decent...

Pros:

course condition, layout, just renovated, food is decent but (to-go menu isn't great)...

Cons:

Slow for mid-week 12:30 tee time, some of the rough is impossible to find balls or play but some is vary playable; should make it consistently able to play from-made for some fun shots...

West Coast Harbourtown

The new and improved Corica Park South Course is in fine form. It’s not too firm and fast and rolls purely. Old Jack Clark is looking good. It’s a bit pricey. They may see less of the public as often as they would like if rates remain high as they are. It’s a plus and minus thing...an easy 5 cents is better than a slow dollar. I guess it’s about how many rounds they want vs. how many they could get?

If you like the surrounding area courses, this is a better course. If you miss some of the closed links style courses like Roddy Ranch(without the elevation) or Stevinson Ranch then this is your place. Has lots of rolling fairways and open space on the front and more eucalyptus trees on the back. Many traps to avoid. Very hazardous.

Plays fair and long from back tees. Holes 4, 6, 9, 10, 11, 12, 17, 18 all long and have huge greens that have lots of space and undulation. Shortest par 5 #15 is reachable with a treacherous green. Other par 5 are long if not three shot holes. Hole 4-11-12-18 are top tier. A short par 4 to drive in hole 8 is very well protected. Hole 18 bunker in middle of fairway is perfect and will get you if you don’t control the shaft.

Some bunkers can be cleared others can’t. Some you can see are further than they appear, others shorter. Wide fairways are very forgiving but the traps are real.

Greens are rolling true for now. And course is in great shape. Head to toe it’s fine right now.

Welcome back Jack Clark!