St. Marlo Country Club

Year Built 1995
Architect Denis Griffiths (1995)

Entertaining Clients 21

Exceeded my expectations

Course design and layout was a lot of fun. Plenty of variety with challenging and “get able” holes. Course conditions were perfect. Greens were pure and very well maintained. Staff was extremely friendly and welcoming. Looking forward to many more rounds there in the future.

Good value & solid layout

Good value for the money, especially when it’s offered on a hot deal

Good course for all.

Predicted rain which kept many off course...we had a great day and course was extremely fair. Always enjoy playing this course.

Great but cart paths are in need of shape

This course is and has always been one of my favorite courses in the north Atlanta area. Everything about it is nice, including the layout, the greens, the shape, the diversity, etc. the staff and Restaurant is also very nice. The only major problem entire course has is that the cart paths are in such bad shape that it’s hard to drive around without hitting huge drop offs and holes. I had a backache today, and it made it almost impossible to drive around hitting all the holes without it hurting. You guys really need to look into something to fix them.

Sunday afternoon

Great place to play. Sand traps are mostly impacted and hard to play. Only complaint.

Excellent deal

St Marlos CC was in great shape, staff was exceptional, reasonably priced. Highly recommend playing this course to anyone

Nice course. Tee boxes were a little worn.

Enjoyed the course. Greens were soft and held shots. Tee boxes were pretty rough in spots. Moderately tight course. Lot of fun.

Great track

Bunkers were packed down. Not really sand. Other then that no other criticism. No one in front. On one behind. Four hour round. Wonderful!

Not what I expected

*Grass growing in bunkers
*Terrible cart paths
*Many holes that were cart path only slowing game down
*Staff in golf club house not friendly

way overpriced.

Course has a nice layout. However, the greens are horrible and the bunkers are even worse. Majority of the tee boxes are covered in dead grass and sand. You cant play out of the bunkers. The course just is not maintained properly. For $75, there are numerous other courses in the area that are in excellent shape. Not to mention the starter is as rude as it gets. Yelled at us when we were making the turn for being 15 minutes off pace knowing good and well we were waiting to hit every shot. Until they decide to invest in maintaining the course and fix the customer service, its a $30 round of golf.....at best.

Like this course

Play here fairly often - however - the cart paths are getting very bad. Lots of broken concrete / gaps etc. Not good for the kidneys.

The worst.....

Course has been declining for years. Almost all greens had bald/fungus spots everywhere, green side bunkers had grass growing in them. Grill was a Understaffed and disorganized . Rangers are extremely pushy and rude. Was asked several times to speed it up, tried to explain that we were on top of the next group and the ranger just rode away.

NEVER spending my money or time here again.

Like many other reviews here states, this course is way overpriced for its value. Course is terrible condition, particularly the greens and bunkers. Not a single smooth putt on the course. Bunkers aren’t raked, have weeds in them and most have the underlying fabric exposed and torn up. Nice layout but the ownership has let the course deteriorate. Oh, and the starter is a But if a jerk also. At the last minute the pro shop added 2 players to our group. As we waited for them to join us on the first tee, he came barreling down the hill, yelling at us that it was 4 minutes past our tee time and we should be hitting - even though pro shop told us to wait on the other players. There are far better choices for golf in Atlanta-particularly for the price they want. The ladies in the 19th hole was excellent. Best part of the day

Clubhouse grill was closed at 5:30, even though their sign said they were open to 6:00

Could be so much better

Its clear they are not putting money back into the course. It's a shame ....better than avg layout, wonderful homes surrounding, so much potential. Greens need attention, tee boxes , sand traps. Fairways were really nice for time of year.
It's as if all they do is cut grass. No trimming of hedges, cart paths almost dangerous.
Staff incredibly nice and helpful.
Owners please put some money back into the course.

St. Marlo Greens

This was my 5th time playing St. Marlo and I've noticed that the course is not in bad or terrible shape but let's just say that certain portions of the course could definitely be improved.

I'll start with the Check-in process. Checking in was simple and efficient but I've noticed that the Pro Shop is not stocked like it used to be when I've played there before. There were not a lot of options as there have been in the past with apparel nor clubs. I did notice a sign that they had Cleveland wedges On Sale. I didn't see any out in the open (or rather I didn't look for them either.) After checking in went to the range to warm up a little before my round. To my surprise the range was empty. I thought that was unusual for St. Marlo as this is a popular course to play. Was greeted by the Marshal and warmed up.

The greens and chipping area were in great shape and this is a typical indicator of what's to come when you play the course. Met with my playing group and headed off to the 1st Tee. I found it a little unusual that the grounds crew were out mowing the fairways during the middle of the day. We teed off at 12:45 PM, so I expected the grounds crew to be out of sight at this point. I must admit that the fairways looked to be in excellent shape. As we approached the first green, I noticed that there were bare spots along the edges of the greens and a plethora of weeds along the fringe. For a course of this magnitude, I didn't expect to see this. This was a recurring theme on the Front 9.

My playing partner commented several times that they didn't expect to see this and also the Greens were sandy as well. The pace of play was great as we were the only group out playing. I'd also like to mention that it did rain in the morning and we were Cart Path only? I found this very odd, as I'd expect the drainage of the Fairways to adequately handle the rainwater. We also noticed that it was very soft and wet around the Greens as well. So there wasn't a lot of run out on your approach shots onto the Greens.

We finished our Round in about 4 hours. Will I play St. Marlo again, not sure when there are so many additional options to play in the North Atlanta area. Hopefully St. Marlo can get there Greens in Championship shape throughout the course. Hope this review helps.

Cumming, Georgia