Kissing Tree Golf Club

Year Built 2018
Architect Gary Stephenson (2018)

Credit Cards Accepted Yes

Restaurant

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Texas (2019 #19)

Terrible

We had Two carts die during our round. We sat around and waited 30 minutes (combined) for new carts to show up. It totally killed the pace of play. The third cart lasted the rest of the round but the gps system didnt work. For the amount of money these guys charge it was ridiculous. Don't waste your time or money here.

Cart path only

Notified of cart path only FOR THE ENTIRE COURSE once my cart was stranded in the middle of the first fairway. The Marshall was kind enough drive off, leaving me there.

Forgotten this layout

Wow, played couple times before, but didn’t recall this course. Greens were fast and healing from recent micro punch, but ran true.
For sure one of my favorites in the SA/Austin area.

RUDE STAFF

I have played this course many times. The course is amazing and always in great shape as it should be for a Troon Property.
My issue is that the driving range is open only to members - if you want to lose money that’s fine but post it on your website so people don’t drive all the way out there , unload clubs , and drive a cart half way around the property to be be Rudely treated by a jerk in the pro shop. So, I went in and offered to pay $20 which is range rate normally but was turned away. I was also told I couldn’t even putt with my own golf balls on the way out. If you want to be private than do it but don’t treat the public like crap when we are the ones paying your bills. The reason was due to COVID- seriously there were like 4 people on the range. We are outside. So stupid! I will not gonna back and pay $84 to play anytime soon- because of the staff. Sad for Them!!!

Third time I have played this course. Conditions are first class. Greens look like TV greens but tricky to read. If you are in the fairway you will have a perfect lie. Driver is only needed on a few holes. Good shotmaking is a must. Can’t wait to play it again!

Wonderful Golf Course

This course is a hidden gem. It's a beautiful golf course with a wonderful driving range and short game area. The layout fairly wide open and very fun to play!

Great layout and conditions, but

Extremely rude starter. 2nd time to play this course and got the same basic treatment the last time from same guy. Guy went nuts when we approached him to see if he was ready for us. He was unnecessarily angry we had approached him near a practice area as if it was off limits somehow. We had words about his behavior and he threatened to have me thrown off the course! This followed by his demand to go to the pro shop to have a talking to!! Unbelievable. Worst treatment I’ve received in a lifetime of golf.

This starter turned our joy of playing with out of town guests into a sad affair.

The course conditions were very good and the staff was extremely helpful and friendly. The driving range, chipping greens, and putting greens were all in incredible shape as well. They do a great job of keeping the grounds in soft in the hot weather.

You also can't beat the Texas Hill country views.

Kissingtree...go check it out

Course is in great shape from the tee to fairway. If you hit it straight it’s a very scorable course. Fairways are very open but slant and punish wayward drives. Very nice service around the course. Go check it out

Good short course

Good pace of play, 3:45 to get around. Greens are on the slower side, but roll true. course is short for the better player., but a good place to get some practice.

My bigger issue was getting started. I was playing as a single in a cart. the Starter insisted that i have a stranger ride with me during the covid Pandemic I told him I was not going to do that, and he instructed me to go talk to the manager in the pro shop. Told him it was not my issue and that the responsiblity was on them to provide a safe environment. His response was, "oh I know all about it, I had the virus and it's really not that bad" At that point I just drove to the first tee, as I'm not taking safety recommendations from a starter. The other single took his own cart.

Kissing Tree

The course is in great shape, the staff are friendly and helpful. Signage for the cart paths, pro shop, bathrooms could be better.

WELL WORTH THE DRIVE

I've been playing golf for about 17 years. I've played EVERY course in San Antonio. I must say this is THE BEST course I've played since playing a round of golf at TPC in San Antonio. I don't usually write reviews on anything, but this course deserves some recognition!! The green fees are reasonable. The tee boxes are in perfect shape. The greens roll true and don't have any dry patches. The elevation changes are very challenging. The fairways aren't beat up and littered with hard pan in the middle of a 100 degree Texas summer. The course condition could have been any better! Hats off to Kissing Tree course maintenance!! KEEP IT UP!!! We will be playing this course at least once a week. Thank you Kissing Tree!

Must play

Very good course. Not very long, but still challenging, has been in great shape every time I've played it. Good mix of "go for it" holes and some tough ones as well. The people who work here are very polite and helpful. Will be sad when it goes full private and can't get on anymore. The folks who live here have a gem!

Anonymous

Rudest staff ever!

The rumors are true. Kissing tree is the public course that thinks it’s private and treats it’s guests like such. The rudest staff I’ve ever encountered. Been playing over 25 years and that’s says a lot. Not worth your money! It won’t be appreciated!

Awesome!

Excellent course! First time playing here, very friendly staff and high quality equipment and facilities. Discounted rate for youth golfers. Will definitely play here again.

San Marcos, Texas