Year Built 1999
Architect Lee E. Schmidt (1999) Brian Curley (1999)

Carts Yes - $10

Golf School Academy Yes - "Goose Creek Golf Academy"

What a Gem!!

This is what a golf course should be and for the price, what a deal. Tee boxes are nice. Fairways are trimmed. Greens are receptive and roll nicely. Even 1st/2nd cut are what you'd expect. Was greeted at reception, bought a bucket, and warmed up. The driving range, chipping area, and putting green are top notch. Even the practice balls looked new-ish. Got called to the tee box on-time and was grouped up to start. No issues throughout the round. Layout was challenging, but not sadistic. The condition and upkeep of the course were seriously great. I can't rave enough about it. Pace of play was really nice as we finished in 3+45. The drink cart came through a few times and was attended to by a lovely lady. Overall - I plan to play Goose again and again (Assuming I can get a tee time.)

Love the course, but won't be returning.

First off, let me just say that I love this golf course. Easily in my top 10 in Southern California, including the many private courses I've played. I think the design is great and it's challenging enough for good players, but not crazy hard for average players or beginners. And I think the maintenance crew always does a great job considering it gets a good amount of play and is in a really hot area weather wise. I've always lived 60-90 minutes away, but have considered it worth the drive several times a year.

That said, I won't be returning to this course nearly as frequently given the experience I've had in the last month. I played there in foursomes with friends on 8/8 and 8/29. I am thankful that they are making a big effort to keep pace of play fast, but they are not doing it the right way.

On 8/8 we turned in about 1:45, but were harassed by the marshal on #5 tee because the green was clear slightly before we reached that tee. We were never out of position, and the group behind us didn't have to wait on us a single time. When we arrived to #10, the starter said something like "Okay so you guys turned in... (checked his clipboard)... never mind, you guys are fine, have a good time out there." Nevertheless, the marshal was on us nearly every hole. He scolded us for parking a cart a couple of feet off a path to get some shade in the 95 degree weather, and again harassed us about pace just short of the 15th green because we were still chipping and the group ahead was on the 17th tee. The group behind us was in the 14th fairway at the time. On our approaches to 18 we had to wait for the group ahead to clear the green (which we didn't mind given the great pace all day), and we finished in 3:50.

We chalked this experience up to one grumpy marshal and booked again on 8/29. We were told by the starter that the time goal for the day was 2 hours for each 9, and 4 hours total. Perfect. I will admit that we got behind almost immediately in terms of position. By the 4th tee, we were a full hole behind, but doing fine on time, and not holding the group behind us up. The same marshal from 8/8 spoke to us on #6, and we told him we realized there was a gap, but it had been there from the start and we were paying attention to our time and the group behind. He said that was unacceptable and irrelevant and that we must catch the group ahead. We let him know we remembered him from a few weeks prior and told him we didn't care to speak to him anymore and that we'd try to speed up. We teed off on 10 and then the starter pulled up in a cart. He said our turn time was 2:05 and we must pick up the pace. We noted that we'd already teed off on 10, so the turn time was quicker than 2:05, and pointed down #9 showing him that the group behind was not on the hole at all, and not even on the 8th green. He just repeated that we must speed up. Near the 12th green the marshal harassed us yet again, because the group ahead was now almost 2 holes ahead. We reiterated that we were on pace for a 4 hour round and that the group behind us was also almost 2 holes behind us, so we were not causing any delay to anyone. Again he said that was irrelevant, but this time added that we may not want to continue to play at Goose Creek. On the 14th tee another marshal approached us with more of the same harassment. We noted that we were on pace for a 4 hour round and we might be a hole further ahead of our current position but not for the many conversations initiated by course staff. We finished the round in 3:59 and spoke to the pro shop about our treatment over the last two rounds (in which we played in a total of 7:49), but they just parroted the lines from the marshals. We waited to see when the group behind us finished, which was 27 minutes after we left the 18th green. (They played in a respectable 4:15 or so.)

We plan to take the marshal up on his offer to play elsewhere. I'd rather play in 4:15 or 4:30 without the harassment than 3:50 or 3:59 at Goose Creek with their aggressive and irrational staff.

Love the course, but won't be returning.

Recommendable Course

Nice course conditions and good pace to play. Definitely recommend this course to friends.

The Goose

Rode the Blues (6556/71.0/126) in slightly less than 4.5H in sunny, fairly calm conditions in the mid 60's. Played a GK Cup match with T8fish, we were paired with Eric and Ron, both very good players.

The tees were mowed nicely with good coverage.

The fairways were semi lush, good coverage, very playable.

The rough also had good coverage and could be penal even though not overly high. Just long enough to make longer clubs challenging.

The traps were just okay. Good quality sand but looked like they could ue a good raking/churning.

The large greens were smooth, firm and putted medium fast. So firm they were few ball marks. Chipping and stopping irons without rollout was a challenge.

Enjoyable and fun course to play, tough w/o being overly punitive. Nice, all grass driving range with good chipping/putting practice area. Drink cart around at least 6 times today. No GPS on the basic carts. The customer service was excellent from all encountered. Course overall is in very nice shape, highly recommended.

Great course in great shape!

The Goose is always in great shape every time we play it. Greens are rolling true and receptive to shots. Well spun shots may spin off the front of the greens. Plebty of roll in the fairways. Awesome practice area from the range to the chipping and putting greens. My only downer for $85 on the weekend is that the catrs have no GPS. I think this would speed up play a little. But overall by far the best course in the area.

Best kept Secret

Best kept secret in my own backyard. This place was great. For the price it’s totally underrated. Greens were tough but true to read because of the great conditions. Even the bunkers were in great condition and that gave me confidence to get out of those with a huge lip. I will definitely recommend this course to a friend but will try not to tell too many because it won’t be mine anymore.

Great Track, Excellent Price.

When you have nice weather along with a great course what more can you ask for. That is what you get with Goose Creek. Grass range. Short game practice area, and two putting greens. Look forward to getting on this course
as soon as possible.

Goose Creek Delivers

Although it's slightly out of my price range on the weekend, I decided to play GC because of my past experiences here. As usual the course was living up to its standards. On a beautiful morning I was able to get right on as a single playing with a very nice couple. First off, I grabbed a small bucket of balls and hit the range. The range stalls here seem way to close together. I felt crammed in with others hitting about 2 feet from me. On to the course. I teed off exactly on time. The fairways were green and lush, the rough was perfect and the greens were in good shape rolling at a medium pace. Same as most courses, "fix your ball marks people" ! I fixed so many that were not mine that they should have paid me to play there. haha Anyway, to wrap it up, the bunkers were nice and the POP was right at 4 hours. I'll definitely be back.

A hidden gem of a course

Great layout and value for your money. I’d recommend this course for all levels of play. I will definitely be back to play it again

This course always seems to be in great shape one of my favorite courses to play price is great will definitely play the course many more time

Goose Creek

Rode the Blues (6556/71.0/126) in 4H in overcast, WINDY conditions in the mid 60's. GK Guru outing with JohnnyGK, RGM2525 and Weber2323. Thanks to Johnny, Ron and Mike for a fun round in spite of the wind.

The tees were mowed nicely with good coverage. However, the Blue par 3's were really chewed up today. They had a SCGA qualifer in the morning and it looked like everyone took a divot and no one repaired anything. Several par 3's had a full row of fresh divots obviously made today from marker to marker.

The fairways were semi lush, good coverage, very playable.

The traps were very nicely maintained with good quality sand.

The large greens were smooth, firm and medium fast. So firm they were few ball marks. Chipping and stopping irons in the wind was a challenge.

Enjoyable and fun course to play, tough w/o being overly punitive. Nice, all grass driving range and good chipping/putting practice area. No drink cart today. The customer service was very good from all encountered. Course was in very nice shape, highly recommended.

Goose Creek

Rode the Blues (6556/71.0/126) in 4H, 20M with 24hourgolf, MrKich and USCDodger in overcast, breezy conditions in the mid 60's. Thanks to Larry, Mathew and Daniel for a fun round!

Love this Schmidt/Curley layout. Course knowledge is helpful on many holes to know where not to miss around some of the large green complexes. Around numerous greens are runoff areas where you are unlikely to get the ball up/down if you miss there.

The tees were well maintained with good coverage. Only a few par 3's needed divot attention.

The fairways had good coverage and were still soft from the recent rains. Definitely not lush, but very playable.

The rough also had good coverage and could be penal even though not overly long. Just long enough to mess with longer clubs.

The traps were decently maintained with good quality sand.

The large greens putted nice overall. Firm, more medium speed than medium fast. So firm they were few ball marks.

All grass driving range and nice chipping/putting areas are a +. Well above average course that has 18 good to excellent golf holes. Enjoyable and fun course to play, tough w/o being overly punitive. #18 is a classic finishing hole, long par 4 with water prominently in play on every shot. Drink cart out making the rounds several times.

The customer service was very good for all encountered. Course was in very nice shape, but it paled in comparasion to multiple tounds I played this week @ Desert Willow and PGA West. $89 including range balls to play is high even for a weekend primetime, but still highly recommended.

Excellent Conditions

I was out here from the East Coast for the holidays so any December golf is an absolute treat. This course has a lot of rep for the qualifying events it has hosted and it certainly lives up to expectations. From tee to green, conditions were excellent. Fairways were close to perfect. Greens were immaculate for the amount of play they look like they get. Greens were fast and firm, but very fair. My favorite part of this course is the thought you must put into shot selection from your tee and approach shots. An example of this is the par 4s require you to either layup or challenge fairway bunkers with driver. Good driving puts you on offense, bad driving puts you on defense. The payoff is flip wedges into most pin locations. The green complexes will make you think about how aggressive you can get with your approach shots due to pins guarded by bunkers or mown down collection areas. You will need a variety of short game shots if you miss greens. Overall, excellent course and round.

Goose Creek

Rode the Blues (71.0/126/6556) in 4H, 10M with weber2323, MrKich and adigitalg8787 in bright, breezy conditions in the mid 60's. Thanks to Mike, Mathew and Gus for a fun round!

The tees were well maintained. No issues with level lies and the coverage was good. Only a few par 3's needed divot attention.

The fairways had good coverage and played firm. Certainty not lush, but very playable.

The rough was more lush than thin. The rough could be penal even though not overly long.

I was not in any traps today, they looked okay.

The large greens putted nice overall. Firm, more medium speed than medium fast. So firm they were hardly any ball marks and chipping to tight pins set up for their qualifier was a challenge.

Love this layout, 1st time I have played here in several years. Course knowledge is helpful on many holes to know where not to miss around some of the large green complexes. Around numerous greens are runoff areas where you are unlikely to get the ball up/down if you miss there.

One of the more enjoyable and fun courses to play. Tough w/o being overly punitive. Well above average course that has 18 good to excellent golf holes. #18 is a classic finishing hole, long par 4 with water prominently in play on every shot.

No drink cart out today, but the customer service was good for all encountered. All grass driving range and nice chipping/putting areas are a + Definitely recommended.

Goose Creek GC

Goose Creek...just a marvelous place to play a round of golf. There isn't anything this course lacks if you're looking to play, practice or just enjoy a day out. It's home to exceptional practice facilities, a quaint clubhouse and a well stocked pro shop. There's always a friendly greeting, from the cart shed staff, to the pro shop, the cart girls have plenty of ice to spare and right through to the grounds keeping crew.

The layout is superb, the fairways are generous, turning both ways and there is a wonderful flow to the course. The greens are large and undulating, very receptive and roll out fast and true. The bunkers are all in the right places and the challenges are innumerable. Goose Creek is a stern classic layout that will require golfers to examine every part of their game. Brilliant.

Checks all the boxes

Course is in great shape, even after all the rain we have gotten. Played on a Saturday morning and finished in under 4.5 hours. Staff is friendly. Always a pleasure to play here.

Goose Creek GC

Played here on the 9th & 10th, two completely different rounds. Played with reckless abandon on Feb 9 and scored 102. Played on Feb 10 with good swing thoughts, stroked the putts well, avoided penalties & scored a 79. What a difference a day makes. Goose Creek offers a very good mix of holes, fairly wide fairways that will roll out. The greens are exceptional, true rolling, get your putts started on the right line and they will fall in. Good value for your golfing dollar.

Arrive early & take advantage of the practice facilities available before your round...and practice!! The group behind you will appreciate it.

Goose Creek GC

Played here on the 9th & 10th, two completely different rounds. Played with reckless abandon on Feb 9 and scored 102. Played on Feb 10 with good swing thoughts, stroked the putts well, avoided penalties & scored a 79. What a difference a day makes. Goose Creek offers a very good mix of holes, fairly wide fairways that will roll out & great bunkering. The undulating greens are exceptionally fast, true rolling, get your putts started on the right line and they will fall in. Good value for your golfing dollar.

Arrive early & take advantage of the great practice facilities available before your round...and practice!! The group behind you will appreciate it.

Norco, California