Type Public/Municipal
Montebello Country Club

Year Built 1928
Architect Max Behr (1928) David Rainville (1999)

Carts Yes - $22 - $26

Fivesomes Allowed Yes
Dress code Proper attire is required. Collared shirts are required.

Nice course with real slow pace

The staff Alex and Eddie were wonderful. The course and amenities were great but the pace of play specially Hole #10 was stranded.

Commented on 01/27/2020

Hello, Phillip. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Montebello Country Club another try in the near future.

Montebello golf course

Montebello golf course , I have played the course now twice in the last month I’d like to lay out the greens are always in excellent shape the fairways are just like anywhere else in the winter this last time I played it was just a little slow just because we had a foursome in front of us that was clueless But the first time I played it We had no problem with the pace of play it was great ,everybody there is friendly in The golf shop and I look forward to playing the course some more

slow play

very slow play, almost did not finish. finally got out 30min after tee time, this was not the first time this happened but it will be last time. looks like the good old boy tee time is in good shape. it is a nice course to bad it is so SLOW.

High Capper

Enjoy the course layout and value. The breakfast was great.

Terrible marshaling of the tee times

Got to the first tee and there was 3 groups waiting.

Par 3 on the back 9 had 4 groups waiting. Ridiculous

We left the course

Slow play

This course is slow but on this day beyond slow...makes you want to not come back

Beautiful day, played horrible

Got in on time, great pace of play. Got paired up with a club member, so he knew the course. Only negative was when they tried to make a fivesome, luckily we were able to point out the group in front had 3. But overall, it was a very nice day of golf!

Slower than molasses

Had 1048am tee time, teed off at 1110 and completed round at 440. Waited on every tee box and on every approach shot. Cart path only although course was drying well enough. Bunkers were ponds and very little sand when dry. Greens were in decent shape.

Commented on 01/02/2020

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing Montebello Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/18/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Montebello Country Club another try in the near future.

Would not honor confirmed prices

I specifically went here today because I made reservations at $45 per person through Golfnow. However, when I got there, the staff charged an extra $10 per person and would not honor the price despite showing him my confirmation email with the price I booked for. I ended up paying because I had brought other people there with me as I thought I would get the price I booked for and it was too late to go somewhere else. It’s fine if you want to charge a higher price, but don’t scam customers by offering a cheaper price and then not honoring it.

Commented on 01/07/2020

Hello ilpallimo, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact the GolfNow team 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Commented on 12/16/2019

Wow and not even a response from the course!

Bad place to golf weekends.

Golf course is over pack without a ranger on site. And staff careless when addressed the poor pace of play!

Commented on 10/29/2019

Hello, panchito19. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. We are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve. Thank you for playing Montebello Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Need to work on hiring staff and manage time

I have booked for 2 30 supertwilight.. as soon as we checked in a asian staff has mentioned that your not going to finish anyways so come by 6 30pm, he was just ryde in a way. regardless of that we wanted to tee off and there were no marshall at the location.. everyone started at the time they want and due to that the course was packed! I meam super packed! there were 3 groups everytime we got to the next tee. Obviously I have called the pro shop and complaint that someone needs to be pushing thisthese groups and get them organized. He has just said "what you expect on a satursay", I have explained that its not my concerm if its busy or not I have paid and you need to send someone to get this course moved. Anyways we have spend almost 2 hours and half just to get to the 8th hole... and finally the marshall came and offered us to go back to 2nd tee and there were no line. Thank you for the solution but who does that?? does any body goes back and play the game just to make the time? well I will never go back to this place and please IF YOU GET TO BOOK. DO NOT BOOK AFTER 1PM. YOU WON'T FINISH THE COURSE.

Commented on 10/14/2019

Nice greens

The greens were really nice today.They appear to be taken care of. Unfortunately this doesn't apply to the fairways or bunkers. Who has vegetation growing inside of their bunkers? Are you kidding me? They are also hard packed dirt, not sand. Someone needs to get into those things with a tiller and break it all up. As far as the fairways are concerned, my buddy and I were 10 feet apart in the fairway. He was on decent fairway grass, I was on hardpan. I may as well have been hitting off of the cartpath. Since it appears they are trying to partner with the local hotel, you would think they would put some focus on the conditions.

Commented on 10/08/2019

Hi, thank you so much for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is extremely important to us. We are currently working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. Please be assured that we are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make the necessary improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comments for guidance. Thank you for playing Montebello Country Club. We hope you give us another chance in the near future!

Monterey Park, California
San Gabriel, California
South Pasadena, California
South Gate, California

Valid dates: Apr 01, 2020 - Oct 31, 2020
Bring your game and Make it Grand when you stay on the Stay and Play Golf package. Experience The Brute, a stunning 7,300-yard American classic or The Highlands, a picturesque landscape of scenic hills, trickling creeks and lush foliage.