White 29 1518 yards
Par 4 3 3 3 3 3 3 3 4 29 29

Year Built 1973

Metal Spikes Allowed Yes

9-Hole Rounds 10

Great course for a short game practice

I enjoyed overall the round but the green were very slow (I wasn't expecting better condition anyways). The started was not professional at all. Even though I booked through golfnow.com, he was going to charge me their regular $15.00.

I wondered how many people got screwed like this...

Anyhow, highly recommend others to try this course because except the bad starter, the rest was perfect.

An unexpected surprise

I'm just getting back into golf so my shots are erratic, so this seemed like a great practice course as most of the par 3s were decent length and they had two driving hole par 4s.

I was surprised at the conditions of the place. It's pretty modern and tucked on a hillside. The driving range is new and covered, they have a huge golf pro shop. Out on the course you can see cut grass fairways. The rough is real rough so it's not crappy muni weeds. The only weird part was hitting off mats at the tee,. They have a bunch of them from different spots and they are the mats that have the grid so they help line things up. Theres also a fence around the tee area,, as the course is tightly packed.

For a 9 hole course I think it's a great place to work on your game. It's not really busy in the morning/afternoons so you won't feel rushed and it's actually really nice around the last green. I can see myself hanging out there for a couple of hours, playing 9 holes, hitting the driving range, and working on my laptop to avoid traffic.

Also, even though its not woody, its hilly and I did lose some balls because I pushed them into someone's backyard. But there were also times where i hit it just a little left of the small green, but couldn't find my ball. My last shot into the 9th went a little left into a bunker, but I couldn't find my ball!

Pretty course

This course has nice view but, is very hilly. Had good work out from the walk..... !!

Good stuff

Good course, two drives. Good greens and AMAZING practice range. Value is hoid.

Amazing Range , Nice and easy course

The Range is amazing , they spent a lot of money to have a state of the art system. the golf ball electronically comes up which was nice. I played with my brother . The course is somewhat short and easy to walk. They maintain it very well , grass looks good and they also have a nice bar with a good view which you can rest before after the game. Range $10 for 90 balls. If you live in LA , this place definitely worth checking out

Great Condition

The course is in great condition with the greens rolling true yet soft. The practice area is outstanding and the amenities top notch. The staff are knowledgeable and extremely helpful no matter what area you choose to interact with them,

Plays Twice a year

Quick 9

Great place to play at night because of the lights or if you're looking for a quick 9. Gets busy so a bit slow, but worth it to avoid traffic.

Iron play

This is a fun little course to practice your irons. 2 par 4's and the rest par 3's.

Very interesting

Great driving range set up with automatic ball feeder. Very awkward if it's your first time though. Pretty fun course with an extreme elevation drop on one hole. Very bouncy fairways around the greens, and the greens were good. A few par 4's where you can hit driver, but other than that I felt like I hit pitching wedge on all the par 3's which made it easy for me to get in a groove. I'll probably be back, but definitely try it out.

Fun 9 hole

Was fun for myself and my friends. Nice soft greens and fairways

Great short game practice

This is a course enjoyable for the beginner and the experienced golfer. Great place to practice the short game because greens are pure with good slope. All the bunkers have nice sand. Conditions are great because this course does not get a lot of play, only time its busy is the night times after 5pm because its lit until 11pm! This place has the best driving range i have seen so far. Automatic tee system. Good food at the cafe and they deliver to your stall on the range!

Monterey Park Golf Course

Well I have been playing here for years since the 80's. They have recently dropped 4.5 million into this place to create a double-Decker range with self loading tees, AWESOME!! They re-did all the lighting, they added steel telephone type polls (Got rid of the old Wooden ones) all around the driving range plus higher nets all around the range itself. They have lockers now to store your clubs while you are at work then you get off work and come and hit some balls or play a round, your clubs are there in the locker ready for action. They also re-did all the greens and fairways. On #1 they put in OB stakes on the right and added a sand-trap in front of the green and to the right up the fairway. Hole #2 seems about the same. Hole 3 they backed up the tee box and added a sand-trap to the bottom right below the green that is new. Hole 4 they left just about the same but trimmed the tree limbs so it is easier to get on. Hole 5 they added a sand-trap to the right of the green. In the old days I would hit to the right and bounce on left not anymore so makes this hole more challenging. The left trap is still there but a blind trap. The 6th hole green is nuts with added swales etc, it all depends where the flag stick is that day as the greens are quick. Hole #7 I used to bounce in from the right also but part of that 4.5 million was to fix the irrigation system. So no more bouncing in from the right side on 7 as they have watered around the green so your ball will stick in the rough. In the old days everything was dead so you could bounce it in. Now the Green on 7 is Sickly FAST. I hit the center of the green and rolled almost off to the left. If the flag is on one of the swales good let two putting :-) Now #8 they surrounded the tee box with fencing to protect from people teeing off on #9 so that is safer. I used to bounce in from the left on #8 also but it is more watered then the old days. On this day I was able to use the old school knowledge and still bounce in from the left side. But the pin was playing back a blue flag and I still 3 putted for a 4 ouch. Now #9 the FINAL Hole, they added sand-traps all in the front and moved the back left trap to the front as well making this hole more challenging. I drove the green in the old days coming in right to left mostly because again no watering but now if you try that move as I did you will stick in the rough and not move as they are watering.. :-) Now the food at the snack shack with Kitty cooking it up is awesome. The servers are also AWESOME as they will bring your food to the range as well as by the Fire Pit that is surrounded by Big Screen TV's next to hole #1's tee box so you can watch everyone tee off as well as finish the round awesome!!. The pro-shop is crazy with every gadget you can think of and they also have a club fitting room near the range. I love all the upgrades they have done. Online deals range from $12 to $10 and replays just about $6 dollars or so. Now the thing about Monterey Park that sets it aside from places like Arcadia 3-Par & Pico Rivera Golf Course is you have TWO PAR 4's #1 & #9 so you can practice your driver and not just your short game. I RECOMMEND THE NEWLY DONE MONTEREY PARK GOLF COURSE and GIVE IT 5 STARS!! Good Job + the Owner is Very Nice!! Also the ladies in the reservations department where you pay to play a round are very nice and professional as well. Take Care - Chris P.S. I also recommend the Mediterranean Club Sandwich & Fries. :-)

great driving range

fun executive course, a little bit on the hilly side so don't play if you have sore feet.

Love this course

I love playing here on a regular. The greens are always well kept

Super-fast greens.

The greens are in immaculate condition but very fast. Today's pin locations were tough to say the least. The slope on the 7th was nearly impossible from every angle! I watched in great amusement as my playing partner missed numerous putts only have the ball return back to the fringe each time. Overall, the course is fun yet challenging. The driving range it top notch as well.

Great driving range but I hate the greens

The driving range here is fantastic; the best I've been to but I hate the greens on the course. Most of them have crazy slopes seemed designed to do nothing but frustrate a golfer. The green on hole 7 reminds me more of a miniature golf green; all it needs is a windmill.

Montebello, California