Forest Meadows Golf Course

Formerly known as Murphys 9 Golf Course.
Forest Meadows Golf Course
Scorecard for Murphys
Hole 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Out Total
Blue/White M: 63.9/119 509 124 182 327 190 148 279 350 333 2442 4846
Red/Yellow M: 62.2/108 W: 64.0/113 485 101 155 299 141 112 260 320 290 2163 4236
Handicap 1 17 7 11 9 15 13 3 5
Par 5 3 3 4 3 3 4 4 4 33 66
Handicap (W) 1 15 11 7 9 13 17 3 5

Year Built 1974

Carts Yes - $10

9-Hole Rounds 7

Fairways

The greens were great but the rest of the course was in terrible condition, bumpy and not in great condition

Great little hidden gem of a course.

Great little hidden gem of a course. For the price, this was far more than an excellent deal.

Struggling

A great little track, who has been forced to close 9 and is really working hard to keep the front 9 open..I don't understand the politics, but a group of homeowners and other volunteers have ponied up some money and time to keep a great old course open and playable. Greens are stills very good, fairways are pretty good, bunkers need work. Tight fairways and overhanging oaks are a great equalizer for the guys who like to just grip it and rip it. Views and surrounding forest are a treat. Affordable golf in the area is at a minimum, and I just hope Forest Meadows can hang on. The on line articles about the corse being permanatly closed are obviously premature. Nice selection of cold draft beer available after your round.

Murphys 9

Course is in good shape price is right. Had a good lunch afterwards too

great for beginners

This is not an RT Jones, Jr. course anymore. It was originally. It had 13 par 3s of varying length and elevation changes, 1 par 5 and 4 par 4s, large undulating and fast greens, and high rough around them. But the new owners hacked up the course by cutting it back to 9 holes, and combined difficult par 3s to make easy par 4s. The greens are smaller and they putt slow but they are in good shape, the sand traps are smaller and some are removed and the high rough was eliminated. It's a good course for beginners because you can take your time and not feel you are holding up other players. that is because play is usually very light.

Response from Murphys 9 Golf Course on 06/26/2017:
Hi Irving, thank you for taking the time to review our course. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the course layout. We are pleased to hear, however, that you enjoyed the pace of play and our staff. Your thoughts have been passed along to the appropriate team, so we can make necessary improvements. We hope to earn your business again and see you back for a better round.

Great for the price

Played this course with my wife. Its a fantastic course for the price. Its more challenging than you would think. You have to play golf here. It doesn't allow big hitters just to wail away and play from the rough. You need to play some actual golf shots. At the same time, my wife loved it. Its not overly tough on high handicappers. We played !8 and even though I shot 80, I loved every minute. The only downfall is the cartpath. A bit rough would be and understatement. It felt like an off-road course. But it doesn't take away from the enjoyement.

Place for beginners

First time playing this course. The course was in good shape. Greens were in good shape, fairways were in good shape and sandtraps were like most courses these days, very little sand. This course is great for beginners and seniors, not too hard. This course is in an area of retirees, to far to travel for a round of golf and the course is just right for the people in that area. I got a deal for $15. through Golfnow and that is pretty much what I would pay if I played it again. If I lived in the area it would be a nice course to play but not a course I would travel to. I would play it again if I was in the area.

Staying alive

It's obvious this course has seen better days, but the staff is trying hard to keep the remaining nine in playable condition. Greens are actually quite good, fairways are playable despite drought and some uneven watering. Staff is super friendly, carts are clean and sound (cart paths are really rough). Overall, a very beautiful setting which I hope stays open - not many other affordable choices in the area.

Signage is Challenging

Signage and cart paths need work Otherwise beautiful course.

Nice outing

My husband and I came to play this course because of the setting, and the fact that although I am disabled with spine problems, I am able to enjoy this course. The price is hard to beat. I have played here with a friend of mine and we also had a great time. I have told numerous people when I play on other courses how great this course is. I look forward to playing many more rounds at Forest Meadows, or Murphys 9. A great place to play!

Perfect 9

Great 9 hole course. 1st Tee gets your attention with a visually narrow Par 5 so you know that this isn't a Small layout. Serious Golf but really fun. Great for all levels of players. Go Play thus one!!

Better than ever

I was sad to see the back nine go but wow did they do a good job of pulling it together in nine holes. I played two days in a row. Shot 4 over one day and 9 over the next, It has some really challenging par threes.

2014 dec

Course fairways were a bit rough. Greens were very good. Course short, but challenging.

Great Views

I had a phenomenal time at Forest Meadows. The greens were in good condition. There were several holes with great views of the mountains and valley. We were the only ones on the course which was nice to not feel rushed through the game. I had a great time and highly recommend anyone to play Forset Meadows.

Beautiful course.

Makes for a nice golf day and some demanding par three's.

pro shop had reservation. no delays to first tee. your service is uncomplicated and efficient. excellent. will utilize your service again. will relate to friends your service. thank you again david simons

Forrest Meadows

Greens are in great shape, keep it on the Fairway and it's all good. Great views from the back 9.

Just good fun

This course is fun for a weekend get away to have some fun and enjoy the tree lined fairways and great views of the Sierra's on the back nine. There are no warm up facilities or putting green.

Arnold, California