Style Desert/Traditional

The course at Copper Canyon Golf Club is deceptively exclusive in that although the club has prestige and a luxurious atmosphere, there are some reasonably priced tee times. The layout features an interesting mix of holes that offer panoramic views of the White Tank Mountains to the south. The large, undulating greens that are framed by generous fairways are the trademark of the course. Water hazards come into play on a few holes and there are also sand bunkers situated throughout. This golf course offers four sets of teeboxes. Copper Canyon Golf Club has extensive practice facilities for golfers to use as well, including a full length driving range with several target greens, a large practice putting green, and a short game area with a bunker.

Copper Canyon Golf Club

Year Built 2018
Greens TiffDwarf Grass
Architect Lee E. Schmidt (2007) Brian Curley (2007)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Course was in Great shape!

We were greeted by friendly staff and we started right on time. The fairways and greens were is great shape. We look forward to returning..

Best in valley

Copper Canyon is one of the best courses in the Phoenix area. I have played many courses in the Phoenix area and Copper Canyon stands with the best of them. In my opinion they have some of the best greens in the valley. The green side bunkers make it a very challenging layout.

Interesting course and well maintained

Played first time in October. Some tough holes depending tee you play from. Fairways and greens are well maintained. Definitely would play again.

Great conditions - wish this course was closer

Played the Vista/Lake combo, the new Mountain 9 was closed - probably until overseeding. Course conditions were excellent. This course has some of the best greens in the valley. Seriously, every course superintendent/greenskeeper in the Phoenix area needs to go to Copper Canyon and copy whatever they do. My only complaint was the design of the new 8th hole on the Lake 9. A tee shot in the center of the fairway will end up in the rocks on the right side due to the slope and lack of any rough to catch the ball. This green is new and understandably not at good as the other 17.

Oily carts... not my thing

Two things, first the cart had so much Armor-All oil on it that it got my phone, my keys, my rangefinder, my hands....everything oily. Golf balls fly straighter with oil on them but I don’t think this was the intention… Can’t believe how much armor all they put on the carts....ridiculous! Second, I was supposed to play with a twosome they were there and the starter sends me off by myself even though I requested to play with my group and keep us a threesome. If the starter had any idea how Golf works , he would know this was a very bad idea, especially on a busy day with multiple foursomes in front of me. The point of playing together is to keep pace of play on the course. It is no fun having to play through crotchety people as a single. It ruins my experience and it ruins their experience. I don’t recommend copper canyon anymore unless they change their tactics. Hard to have a bad day on the course but this was one of them, even though I did have 3 birdies.

Customer friendly on 111° day

Despite the long drive thru Bell Rd traffic we always enjoy playing here. New 9 was closed so a bit disappointed but original layout never fails to impress. Sand was more like kitty litter but playable.
Starter was very flexible and allowed our twosome to tee off ahead of another twosome since we were ready to go. We saw that group again driving to 18th tee as they were driving to 14. Made for much better pace.

Needs Beverage Cart

Needs a Beverage Cart on Summer Days. Started before 8am and they still didn’t have someone.
Get some Plastic Tee’s for the synthetic grass on the range. You can’t put a T into it. Too hard.
And the Ranger was very nice, but being told our group was “five minutes” behind pace of play seemed a little overboard.
Other than that..had a fun time with close friends.

Copper canyon review

Had a great time at Copper Canyon. Staff was friendly. Course was in great shape. Greens Were fast and true.

glad I went back and played

played this course again,had not been there in years,First the pro staff very nice,starter very nice,Course is great shape and has greens that have interesting breaks in them, good bunkers in good shape, beverage cart not seen but once and the grill lade next to the pro shop not that friendly would have wanted to play the third nine but was closed unknown why

My New Favorite ...

Wow, what a course....it’s my new favorite course. Greens were great and rolled true!!!

Copper Canyon

Excellent playable course with a friendly staff and great restaurant. No complaints at all. I highly recommend this outstanding venue.

Worth the drive!

Made the trip out to Copper Canyon finally, as I had been told it was worth the drive! Definitely did not disappoint! Course was in amazing shape for summer. Greens were a little slow as they were still coming back from overseeding. Still very receptive and rolled true. Good mix of risk reward holes mixed in with some challenging holes. What you see is what you get type course. Good desert style Troon course!

Friendly and fast

Very pleasant staff and pro shop. Pace of play was under 4 hours. Very pleased with speed of greens and overall conditions.

Copper-Top-Polis!

Top notch Troon course! Unlike other Troon layouts, Copper Canyon has a lot of wide open fairways! Fairways forgiving (you have to WANT to find trouble!), greens slippery and have a lot of subtle breaks within 1-2' of the cup; nice undulations on the greens! Quite a few short holes to help you score or make you lament! Bunkers, eh....but still fair. Greens well protected with bunkerage throughout! Played Vista/Lake; Mountain 9 is still fairly new. Too bad it's an hour + from downtown PHX! Reminds me of Poston Butte! Great course! Yeah; safe to say I'll be back.....:)

No yardage markers

We played the mountain course on a very windy day it was awkward trying to get yardage as GPS wouldn’t work and the wasn’t much for markers

Commented on 07/21/2019