Style Executive
Forward 59 3216 yards 57.2 84
Middle 59 3216 yards 54.7 81
Scorecard for Newport Beach
Mens M: 54.7/81 146 110 89 291 112 114 276 130 152 1420 207 129 92 182 147 316 271 235 217 1796 3216
Ladies W: 57.2/84 146 110 89 291 112 114 276 130 152 1420 207 129 92 182 147 316 271 235 217 1796 3216

Year Built 1966
Golf Season Year Round

Credit Cards Accepted All major credit cards accepted.

Only play here for $10

Don’t waste your time with a round here. Would not recommend nor will I be back.

Commented On 07/17/2019

Hello, zcastaneda92. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Super fun little track.

The greens roll super good, super friendly staff. A great place to get your friends interested in the game, and a awesome practice facility.

Rude Staff

I was charged $36 extra for a cart between three people even though I had reserved through the Golf Now App And specifically chose non walking option. The staff member was rude explaining the process and was a jerk. The course itself was nice but not nice enough to put up with unfriendly check in staff.

Commented On 07/01/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Don’t do it

I booked this course and got charged $12 a person for a golf cart even though I booked this course thru golf now. Bad staff and not a good experience

Commented On 06/26/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservation, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

This course seemingly gets worse and worse every time I play. The fact that they raised the prices is ridiculous. Has to be the worst the course I’ve ever played. The majority of the back 9 is dirt.

Commented On 06/18/2019

Hi, shaunvetro. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Newport Beach Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great course to play, you can work on your short game. This course is making good improvements , fairways, and putting greens, I like to play this course because you never have to Wait to play , the course is always open, nice place!!

Fun casual course

Course was in relatively good condition this time of year, grass and greens were nice. If your can put up with airplanes flying overhead every fifteen minutes and you don't mind hitting off of matts it can be a lot of fun.

Friendly staff great value for the money

Very noise being very very close to the airport course needs lots of work 18th home a mess

Commented On 03/18/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Newport Beach Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to work on making the necessary improvements to the course. If you were able to play a round, we hope that you enjoyed it and that you will continue to see improvements in the course the next time you are with us. Thank you for recommending our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andrew P

Not bad for the money. Our foursome played 3 days after heavy rain so a few fairways were slushy and 2 holes needs attention on the fairways but green were in great shape. U tee of mats on most holes but overall fun course. There’s a bar inside the Chinese restaurant that serves wings and fried dumplings which were pretty good along with some cold beer. No cart girls here but you can crab a cold one at the turn. Played 3 time in the last month and will be back. We walked all 3 times which is not bad at all.friendly staff and the driving range is pretty cool!

Interesting, sort of.

If you are the type of person that enjoys parking at the end of a major airport runway to watch planes take off, you will love it (especially the back 9). Located directly adjacent to John Wayne Int’l, it is non-stop action but for the “hot Deal” price of $10, its worth it - overnite rain didn’t help and the fairways a little rough but the greens were in fine shape and challenging. It’s the first time I’ve ever had to cross at a pedestrian cross-walk to play a golf course - that and the tunnel to the back nine made for a longer track than you would expect on a par 59.

Commented On 03/08/2019

Hello, and thank you for reviewing our course, Newport Beach Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was miscommunication about the course and our layout and location. We hope that you still had an enjoyable round and that we will see you again in the future.

Solid track

Great place to play. Players please repair your ball marks :)

Fun little course

Fun little course. You Tee off on a mat which is sort of a bummer but the greens make up for it. The greens are In great shape and roll true which is nice. Fairways are in okay condition but if you’re hitting greens it’s not a big deal. I paid $15 to play 18 so I’m not complaining. I would definitely come back and play it again for that price.

Nice little course

Nice little exec course for the money. You hit mostly off of mats on tee boxes too pretty good conditioned greens. Staff is friendly and practice range is ok too. Love the air traffic that flies directly overhead. Great value for money,will return.

Executive Par 4

Forgot this was an executive Par 4 course. Very nice greens, needs cart paths, better course directions (hole to hole). Some fairways lacking grass but overall: good course management. Great place to work on your short game!

Great for practice

took my wife there, had a great time, we got discount on the round, otherwise maybe wouldnt have gone. not bad course for a quick round and some practice for beginners.

Response from Newport Beach Golf Course on 09/27/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time out of your busy day to review your experience with us, we truly appreciate your feedback and will certainly pass it along to our team. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back to the 5-star experience that you deserve.

Best Bang for the Buck

First timer playing NB. Kind of interesting hitting off mats, but other then teeing off course was fine. You get what u pay for, so don’t expect Monarch Beach. But $10 for 18 holes is to good to pass up. Fairways are ok and greens are good, just stay on the fairways and u’ll be hitting off grass, not dirt.

Great greens!

You hit from mats on the tee box out to average fairways to excellent greens. I met up with two other guys on the back nine. One guy( 76yrs.old) was walking and carrying his bag. I was walking with cart. Easily done in three hours. Good company and a beautiful day!

Santa Ana, California