Style Executive
Newport Beach Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Golf Season Year Round

Credit Cards Accepted All major credit cards accepted.

A HUGE RIPOFF!!

This is the worst golf course we have ever seen ! If you like playing on hard dirt, waiting more than 30 minutes on each Teebox in order to tee off, filthy bathrooms and an unfriendly staff, this is your place.
We will never be back

Commented on 10/08/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. The conditions you describe are not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Don't do it unless you're paying less than $10

I paid $12 on a hot deal to play here. Usually for most golfers, they go out to executive courses such as this one to practice their mid and short range game, especially off the tee.
Well, you won't get that here.
All of the teeboxes are mats. Let me repeat that. ALL the teeboxes are mats.
What's more is that these "state of the art" mats, as they advertised, are incredibly rough and coarse that they scuffed up my irons pretty badly.
The mats were also warped and misshapen, from heat and overuse.
They'll probably reply to this review with a generic comment about how they take poor reviews seriously but most likely won't do anything about it.
Bunkers were nonexistent.
Fairways were 40/60 grass/dirt.
Greens were so filled with ballmarks it was impossible to play a non-bumpy putt.

Don't do it. Unless you're paying under $10 and looking to scuff up your clubs. Perhaps for beginners, but even then there are better courses.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Only play here for $10

Don’t waste your time with a round here. Would not recommend nor will I be back.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Hello, zcastaneda92. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Super fun little track.

The greens roll super good, super friendly staff. A great place to get your friends interested in the game, and a awesome practice facility.

Rude Staff

I was charged $36 extra for a cart between three people even though I had reserved through the Golf Now App And specifically chose non walking option. The staff member was rude explaining the process and was a jerk. The course itself was nice but not nice enough to put up with unfriendly check in staff.

Commented on 07/01/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Don’t do it

I booked this course and got charged $12 a person for a golf cart even though I booked this course thru golf now. Bad staff and not a good experience

Commented on 06/26/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservation, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

This course seemingly gets worse and worse every time I play. The fact that they raised the prices is ridiculous. Has to be the worst the course I’ve ever played. The majority of the back 9 is dirt.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Hi, shaunvetro. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Newport Beach Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great course to play, you can work on your short game. This course is making good improvements , fairways, and putting greens, I like to play this course because you never have to Wait to play , the course is always open, nice place!!

Fun casual course

Course was in relatively good condition this time of year, grass and greens were nice. If your can put up with airplanes flying overhead every fifteen minutes and you don't mind hitting off of matts it can be a lot of fun.

Friendly staff great value for the money

Very noise being very very close to the airport course needs lots of work 18th home a mess

Commented on 03/18/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Newport Beach Golf Course, and for the 3 stars. We appreciate your feedback and will use it to work on making the necessary improvements to the course. If you were able to play a round, we hope that you enjoyed it and that you will continue to see improvements in the course the next time you are with us. Thank you for recommending our golf course, we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Andrew P

Not bad for the money. Our foursome played 3 days after heavy rain so a few fairways were slushy and 2 holes needs attention on the fairways but green were in great shape. U tee of mats on most holes but overall fun course. There’s a bar inside the Chinese restaurant that serves wings and fried dumplings which were pretty good along with some cold beer. No cart girls here but you can crab a cold one at the turn. Played 3 time in the last month and will be back. We walked all 3 times which is not bad at all.friendly staff and the driving range is pretty cool!

Interesting, sort of.

If you are the type of person that enjoys parking at the end of a major airport runway to watch planes take off, you will love it (especially the back 9). Located directly adjacent to John Wayne Int’l, it is non-stop action but for the “hot Deal” price of $10, its worth it - overnite rain didn’t help and the fairways a little rough but the greens were in fine shape and challenging. It’s the first time I’ve ever had to cross at a pedestrian cross-walk to play a golf course - that and the tunnel to the back nine made for a longer track than you would expect on a par 59.

Commented on 03/08/2019

Hello, and thank you for reviewing our course, Newport Beach Golf Course. We appreciate you taking the time to leave us your feedback. We are sorry to hear that there was miscommunication about the course and our layout and location. We hope that you still had an enjoyable round and that we will see you again in the future.

Fun practice course!

Played slow on the back this time but course was in fairly good shape. Would like to play NIGHT GOLF here sometime. Haven't heard too much about it.

Greens are always in good to great condition (if not a little soft). and roll true. An excellent place to work on the short game (even if I find it hard to control spin off the mats). They still have several mats for tee boxes on the front nine. Though not yet grown in, you have the option of teeing off from traditional boxes on the back nine. A great deal on GN!

Solid track

Great place to play. Players please repair your ball marks :)

Fun little course

Fun little course. You Tee off on a mat which is sort of a bummer but the greens make up for it. The greens are In great shape and roll true which is nice. Fairways are in okay condition but if you’re hitting greens it’s not a big deal. I paid $15 to play 18 so I’m not complaining. I would definitely come back and play it again for that price.

Santa Ana, California
Costa Mesa, California

Valid dates: Nov 15, 2019 - May 31, 2020
Conveniently located 20 minutes from the airport, the new We-Ko-Pa Resort & Conference Center features 246 contemporary guestrooms and suites designed with Native American traditions, bold Southwestern cuisine at Ahnala Restaurant, luxurious spa treatments and salon services at the Amethyst Spa and a spacious heated outdoor pool with two whirlpools.
From $1900