Style Executive
Newport Beach Golf Course

Year Built 1966
Golf Season Year Round

Credit Cards Accepted All major credit cards accepted.

Decent Course+ driving range

Good for Beginner to Intermediate play.
First time here and I ended up playing 18 during the midweek and it was good. Fairways are decent and the greens as well. Definitely an easy round you can get through pretty quick with all the par 3’s and a couple par 4’s. They have mats you can tee off from on every hole but I played from the grass. I road but for sure a course I wouldn’t mind walking. Pace of play was decent as well. All in all, Definitely a course I wouldn’t mind coming back to again.

-Side note- driving range is all mats as well and the range is turf which I though was neat. Some shade provided for spots near the middle.

Courses is Going downhill

Worst conditions I’ve ever played in tee to green. Course is terribly over priced. Tee boxes were disgusting. Fairways look like intermediate grass. Greens had way too many divots not maintained. Will never play here again.

Commented on 01/21/2020

Hi Nate. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Christmas day golf

My future son in law was out here for Christmas with our daughter from Boston. We played golf with a 9am tee time. It was a nice round, haven't played here in over 20 years. I like that they are now giving you the option to hit off of mats or a tee box on many holes. The greens were in Great shape!! The weather report was not good for golf, we finished without any rain until we started driving home to Costa Mesa. Nice Round.

Anonymous

No frills golf fun at a good price

Newport Beach golf course is a great no frills course for a quick round. If you are looking for a fun round with friends or for beginner play - look no further! Don’t come here expecting to play a championship golf course - you will be disappointed.

Great staff equals a fun course

The current owners brought this course back from the worst possible course. Good job, great people.

Good course to practice your irons. Good company made the round enjoyable. Will play this course again in the future.

Commented on 12/02/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to leave Newport Beach Golf Course a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great Greens

A lot of work on the tees and fairways going on. Hitting off of mats has never been my favorite choice. What made this round enjoyable was the condition of the greens. Great condition, I was able to roll the ball smoothly and on line with every put.

A HUGE RIPOFF!!

This is the worst golf course we have ever seen ! If you like playing on hard dirt, waiting more than 30 minutes on each Teebox in order to tee off, filthy bathrooms and an unfriendly staff, this is your place.
We will never be back

Commented on 10/08/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. The conditions you describe are not acceptable and by no means the standard we strive to achieve. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Don't do it unless you're paying less than $10

I paid $12 on a hot deal to play here. Usually for most golfers, they go out to executive courses such as this one to practice their mid and short range game, especially off the tee.
Well, you won't get that here.
All of the teeboxes are mats. Let me repeat that. ALL the teeboxes are mats.
What's more is that these "state of the art" mats, as they advertised, are incredibly rough and coarse that they scuffed up my irons pretty badly.
The mats were also warped and misshapen, from heat and overuse.
They'll probably reply to this review with a generic comment about how they take poor reviews seriously but most likely won't do anything about it.
Bunkers were nonexistent.
Fairways were 40/60 grass/dirt.
Greens were so filled with ballmarks it was impossible to play a non-bumpy putt.

Don't do it. Unless you're paying under $10 and looking to scuff up your clubs. Perhaps for beginners, but even then there are better courses.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Only play here for $10

Don’t waste your time with a round here. Would not recommend nor will I be back.

Commented on 07/17/2019

Hello, zcastaneda92. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Newport Beach Golf Course.

Super fun little track.

The greens roll super good, super friendly staff. A great place to get your friends interested in the game, and a awesome practice facility.

Rude Staff

I was charged $36 extra for a cart between three people even though I had reserved through the Golf Now App And specifically chose non walking option. The staff member was rude explaining the process and was a jerk. The course itself was nice but not nice enough to put up with unfriendly check in staff.

Commented on 07/01/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservations in the future, please do not hesitate to contact 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

Don’t do it

I booked this course and got charged $12 a person for a golf cart even though I booked this course thru golf now. Bad staff and not a good experience

Commented on 06/26/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review us. We apologize for any confusion or misunderstanding regarding your recent reservation. If you have any questions regarding your GolfNow reservation, please do not hesitate to contact their team at 1 (800) 767-3574. We value your feedback and hope to welcome you back for another round soon.

This course seemingly gets worse and worse every time I play. The fact that they raised the prices is ridiculous. Has to be the worst the course I’ve ever played. The majority of the back 9 is dirt.

Commented on 06/18/2019

Hi, shaunvetro. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Newport Beach Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Great course to play, you can work on your short game. This course is making good improvements , fairways, and putting greens, I like to play this course because you never have to Wait to play , the course is always open, nice place!!

Great course to walk and enjoy with friends!

This course is a good value for the price. You will get to use several of your irons and wedges. All holes are Par 3's except for two Par 4's on the Front and 4 consecutive Par 4's on the Back.

Staff is friendly. The range is cheap for a bucket of balls to hit before or after your round. The only thing I wish they would do better is mark the distances on the range better. When practicing it's tough to tell the distances of each flag on the range (if you don't know to look at the sign behind you).

This is a local course to me, so it's easy to play 9 or 18 when I have some free time. Really get to work on my iron play. Best of all -- it's a casual course/dress code. So you can play in shorts an t-shirt if you prefer!

Fun casual course

Course was in relatively good condition this time of year, grass and greens were nice. If your can put up with airplanes flying overhead every fifteen minutes and you don't mind hitting off of matts it can be a lot of fun.

Santa Ana, California
Costa Mesa, California

Valid dates: Apr 03, 2020 - Jun 18, 2020
Every spring getaway should include the perfect mixture of lakeside recreation and 4-Star relaxation! The Tahoe Tap-in Stay & Play package offers a luxurious stay at Edgewood Tahoe Resort plus your choice of two rounds of golf with a cart at Lake Tahoe's only public lakefront golf course, two 50-minute treatments at the serene Spa Edgewood, or one of each for each night per reservation.