2.6

Style Executive
Located in Oceanside, Goat Hill Park originally opened in 1952 as a nine-hole course called Center City Golf Course. It was the first golf course in San Diego County and in the 1980s was designated as protected public land that cannot be developed without a public vote. The course was redesigned in the 1990s into an 18-hole short course and soon became known by locals as "Goat Hill." The course was threatened by development in 2014 but the local community fought the plans at city hall and a new management team led by local residents John Ashworth, David Emerick and Geoff Cunningham assumed management of the golf course. Using volunteer corps of tradesman and citizens along with dedicated staff, they renovated and revitalized Goat Hill to its current state. The course features one par 5 on its par-65 layout and features long views from its perch on a hill. It also has a full driving range, pro shop as well as disc golf interwoven into the layout.
Goat Hill Park Golf Course
Green (W) 65 3815 yards 66.5 130
Scorecard for Goat Hill Park
Black M: 66.9/140 290 177 289 328 139 158 147 328 122 1978 305 161 318 175 253 450 346 168 300 2476 4454
White M: 65.4/139 W: 67.5/138 274 161 289 299 134 148 140 302 109 1856 279 147 308 167 218 425 319 132 288 2283 4139
Green M: 64.3/132 W: 66.5/130 261 146 252 279 118 138 113 254 97 1658 256 126 295 157 213 382 306 115 266 2116 3774

Year Built 1952

Carts Yes - $10 - $14

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #5)

Junior Golfers 9

Fun, yet challenging

Greens were nice. A bit slow. Love the brand new golf carts. I can tell the course gets better and better every time I go there.

Commented On 2019-01-15T18:35:32.000+00:00

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate the feedback and compliments regarding Goat Hill. Please come back and see us again soon.

Golf at Goat hill

We played today will never be back. Course was in very poor shape, just aerated and huge lumps everywhere. Poor signage between holes, could be better arranged for new customers. Paths were rough and all need upgrading. Up and down hills so not good for anyone with mobility issues. Only good part were the greens and the staff very friendly. Sorry can’t see us going back

Commented On 2019-01-15T18:36:08.000+00:00

Beware: False advertising

Great, fun, tough little course. Challenging. Beat us up so bad, had to try to come back for more. Golf cart died a little over halfway thru the round so course comped us with a BOGUS CARD. It stated: "WISHBONE 2 FOR 1 SPECIAL. THIS CARD IS REDEEMABLE FOR ONE GREEN FEE PLUS CART FOR TWO PLAYERS AT THE PRICE OF 1 PUBLIC RATE. VALID MONDAY THROUGH THURSDAY + AFTER TWILIGHT ON WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS." Since we are "Seniors" the man on the phone booked us for only $18 (for 1 green fee). Good rate, only, when we got to the course, they wouldn't honor this and wanted to charge us OVER TWICE AS MUCH: $42 (apparently for 1 "public rate" green fee and 1 cart fee). The wording on the card is incorrect and VERY misleading. The card they pass out appears to just be a way to scam more money out of clients or they wouldn't have booked it in the first place. My opinion? They should've just supplied us with a free round for not giving us a fully charged cart. The people at the counter in the proshop were nice but acted as if "their hands were tied" and they couldn't do anything about it. At the so-called "discounted rate of $42 (EACH), this course is nowhere near being worth anything of value. I would DEFINITELY NOT RECOMMEND THIS COURSE TO ANYONE!

sohngolf

I am visiting from Chicago and had read about their story. They have done amazing things with this property and conditioning. The staff was very accommodating in every sense. The course is quirky compared to any other golf I have played but that's part of the charm. The "vibe" is laid back and all about golf. I will spread the word to my friends in Chicago to play here when they visit.

Commented On 2018-11-13T01:15:45.000+00:00

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions and our excellent staff. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

The Goat

We made this resevation last minute on a last minute weekend getawa to Oceanside. I researched this course and after reading about the history here, it was a no brainer for the price.

The course was in decent condition. the greens were a little long and rough, but had recently been punched.

Overall we had a great day and we will definitely be back on our next trip to Oceanside.

Commented On 2018-11-05T15:51:36.000+00:00

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thank you for taking the time to make the long drive to come see us!

Hidden Gem

First t6ime on this course. It was great for target practice. Enjoyed it for the price and pace of play..

Response from Goat Hill Park on 09/18/2018:
Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

It’s the Goat

Played this course many times, and today’s round was as enjoyable as ever. Ashworth has this course in the best shape since I first played it in 2001. Challenging, great greens, and my shoes are always dusty; but what else would you expect? After all, it’s the Goat!!!

Commented On 2018-07-23T19:26:36.000+00:00

Thank you for the 4-Star review, we are so glad you had such an enjoyable round of golf today at the Goat! Thank you for the great feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

I liked, friend didn't like

Map driving directions bogus, off of Oceanside Blvd turn on Goat Hill Dr, not State Tree Dr

Response from Goat Hill Park on 07/12/2018:
Hello, Joel. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.
Response from Goat Hill Park on 07/12/2018:
Hello. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Goat Hill Park on 07/11/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.

A lot to like about the Goat

I'd heard a lot about the Goat and was eager to see it when in the Oceanside area. The atmosphere is awesome. About as welcoming to everyone as you could ask for. I wasn't expecting to see a full driving range as well as frisbee golf and a casual outdoor bar area. This place is a great hang.

The course is definitely a local's course and the first time around can be tricky with blind shots and steep slopes that can send balls flying. It's a tough walk (juniors who play here are going to grow strong legs) and we had a bit of a hard time navigating the course. I would play this course conservatively your first time around. Many of the holes are short par 4s but don't try and bang drivers all day or you'll suffer. While there is a lot of turf reduction off the fairways and the fairways can be spotty, the greens rolled quite nicely which is really all that matters,

I really like the concept of short, 18-hole courses that have more than par 3s. You will hit all the shots out here. If I lived in the area I'd play here all the time and I'd bet my game would be better for it. And if I took over a struggling muni, I'd try to set it up a lot like John Ashworth and the gang at Goat Hill.

Always fun at the GOAT

They were out of carts on this very busy day so I decided to do my first walk of the goat. Know I would have preferred to lighten my bag up as I wasn't expecting to walk so that took a little out of me, but overall fun and nice to get the exercise.

Response from Goat Hill Park on 06/15/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! We're glad you had a great time despite the not having a cart. Please book another round with us soon.

The 'dump' lives up to it's name.

The staff has no clue of what they are doing. taking reservations w/o golf carts available, not allowing players to walk, terrible pace, allowing 5 players, etc., etc.

Response from Goat Hill Park on 06/15/2018:
Hello, George. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.
Response from Goat Hill Park on 06/29/2018:
Response from Goat Hill Park on 06/05/2018:
Hello. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.
Response from Goat Hill Park on 05/04/2018:
Thank you for your 5-star rating! Book another round with us soon.
Response from Goat Hill Park on 04/30/2018:
We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We're glad you enjoyed the course, and we hope you join us for another round soon.

Great little course

Played the Goat twice last week for the first time. I had heard a lot of great things about the course and decided it was about time I made my way to Oceanside. I am really glad I finally made my way up there from Cardiff. First impression walking up to the clubhouse is it is the anti-private club. Laid back, reggae music playing, and super friendly staff and players.....as they say, it is blue collar golf. The course is just about the hilliest course I have ever played. The greens are great and the fairways and collars are well manicured. Not sure why some reviews reference the poor condition of the course, I found it to be in pretty darn good shape. That being said, if you hit a bad shot it will be penalized. However, unlike most short courses, you'll hit every club in your bag and will no doubt be challenged. It's a shot makers course so bring your A game.

Response from Goat Hill Park on 04/27/2018:
Hello Mike. Thank you so much for such a great review. We're glad you finally made it to the course as well. We hope you won't wait too long before returning. Thanks for choosing Goat Hill.

it's a fun track, the greens are perfect! suggest you play preferred lies in the fairways

Response from Goat Hill Park on 03/10/2018:
We are glad you enjoyed the course. We hope you can come back and have another fun round soon!

Has some challenges.

First time playing this course, heard good and bad about it but we had a great time, challenging and a fun course to play. I recommend it to everyone looking for a nice afternoon of golf.

Response from Goat Hill Park on 03/10/2018:
Hello, Dave. We are glad to hear you found the course to be an enjoyable challenge. See you next time!
Camp Pendleton, California
Camp Pendleton, California
4.2059176471
Vista, California

Valid dates: Mar 01, 2019 - Apr 21, 2019
Get a head start on Spring and experience true southern hospitality with championship golf and charming villas in beautiful South Carolina Lowcountry with the Spring Getaway.
Featured Content