Style Executive

Located in Oceanside, Goat Hill Park originally opened in 1952 as a nine-hole course called Center City Golf Course. It was the first golf course in San Diego County and in the 1980s was designated as protected public land that cannot be developed without a public vote. The course was redesigned in the 1990s into an 18-hole short course and soon became known by locals as "Goat Hill." The course was threatened by development in 2014 but the local community fought the plans at city hall and a new management team led by local residents John Ashworth, David Emerick and Geoff Cunningham assumed management of the golf course. Using volunteer corps of tradesman and citizens along with dedicated staff, they renovated and revitalized Goat Hill to its current state. The course features one par 5 on its par-65 layout and features long views from its perch on a hill. It also has a full driving range, pro shop as well as disc golf interwoven into the layout.

Goat Hill Park Golf Course

Year Built 1952

Carts Yes - $10 - $16

Bar

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Disc Golf

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #5)

Junior Golfers 10

Awesome Golf Course

This was the first time I have played a round of golf at this golf course and was very impressed. When I played last week at another course (Oceanside) the two individuals I played with said " Bring a lot of extra balls," The course was in excellent condition even though I thought the Greens were very fast. I intend to play here again very soon. By the way, I did not lose a single ball and found four balls.

Commented on 07/01/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Goat Hill Park. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Great course, had some issues on some tee boxes and general directions as to where the next holes are (first time playing here and some signs were either knocked down or not readily visible) but other than that place is great. Pretty challenging but love that they allow dogs. Will definitely come back to play and bring my dog as well!

Commented on 05/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Goat Hill Park!

Commented on 05/12/2020

Hi, Nate! Thanks for leaving us a review! We're glad you enjoyed your time at Goat Hill Park and hope you'll come see us again soon.

Love the Goat

Made a journey down south to play Goat Hill Park. Have been wanting to check this place out for a while, and after seven weeks of nothing but putting practice I booked the first tee time that fit my schedule.
I have to say, the course more than lived up to my expectations. With no carts for rent, it was a challenging walk (it’s not callled Goathill for nothing), but not the worst. Every hole was challenging, but rewarding if you hit good shots. I struggled with the driver - big slice, but iron game was on, and I hit some of the best chips and pitches ever. Putting, well let’s just say these greens broke a lot more than my carpet, but nothing over a 3 putt. But I hit a few greens in regulation and made a super satisfying par on 18 with my best up and down ever!
End result, 99 - I broke 100 for the first time ever!!! Last year on Father’s Day I played 18 for the first time and stopped counting after the 12 hole (I added it up 126). To break 100 at that course was extremely satisfying.

Commented on 05/12/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round! Thank you for leaving us with your great feedback. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed your time at the course! We hope to have you back at Goat Hill Park in the near future!

Goat Hill is Soulful

The love and attention paid by the management/community is inspiring. Along with Torrey South, must play courses in San Diego. The Goat is golf for the masses. Love those practice greens, range and course. Top marks!!

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hello, Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing Goat Hill Park.

Commented on 05/07/2020

Love the GOAT

As soon as they get a Bar & Grill I'll be there all the time. Until then its still the Greatest Of All Time for a fun afternoon with friends.

Commented on 03/10/2020

Hi, Ryan! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Goat Hill Park. We look forward to seeing you at the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Real disappointed. Needs work

Was excited to play and support Goat Hill from all I"ve read, but was real disappointed. Despite all the Ashworth charm and intimacy publicity, the course can use simple TLC. Although there was construction for improvements many basics were deficient or lacking. Placement of tee boxes were in areas where it required a jackhammer to place tee in ground. Poor or non-existent tee directional signage made it difficult for this first-timer. When there signs, they were printed Word docs fluttering in wind.No water in ball washers. Dry as a bone as if they had not been filled in months. Really? Can't the maintenance crew make that part of their daily task list? True signs of basic neglect.

Would recommend a cart as walking would be tough for even those in best of shape w/ severe elevation changes between tee to green and long transitions from green to the next tee boxes. A lot of maintenance crew working on the course which I hope the effort equals the results in improved basic course conditions w/o an increase in fees.

Commented on 03/09/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Goat Hill Park. We hope to see you again in the future.

Casual but challenging

This was my first time playing this course but had always heard about it. As I’ve heard it is a very casual course, even saw some players with dogs which was awesome. The course was more difficult than I thought but I guess it lives up to his name of Goat HILL(y).

Commented on 03/02/2020

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Goat Hill Park!

Commented on 02/07/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Goat Hill Park. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon!

Harder than I thiught

A little harder than I expected. This little course is challenging. Love the elevation changes. There are narrow fairways with small canyon drives. The greens are sloping and makes for interesting putting. The staff are great. It’s a very family friendly and layed back atmosphere. There’s a small area for kids that is nice. For a first time golfer the layout is confusing. Sometimes your teeing up and have to greens in front of you, signage indicates where to shoot for. Overall it’s a good experience.

Appropriate Name

Layout of course was different from most. Fairways had little grass & lots of dirt, but greens looked like what they should look like. No water holes (which is probably a good thing!). Watched some guys play disk golf which looked like fun!

Terrible Pace of Play

Booked a tee time with cart for 8 AM on a Sunday . For a smaller layout was expecting the round to be much quicker. They have disc golfers all over , walking on fairways and greens without care of golfers and hold up the actual golf. The staff does not regulate tee times and golfers jump on front and back messing up the flow even more . Nice course and fun to play but shouldn’t take 5 hours

Total Joke

Was not warned that there was no pins, almost impossible to navigate the course if you’ve never played, without a cart it’s almost impossible to walk. Frisbee golf or is holding a pace of play and getting in the way of most shots. I paid a pretty good rate, but I wouldn’t pay a dollar to do it again

Commented on 03/24/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We will make note and hope you give us another try in the future.

Goat hill

Lots of fun for me not so much for beginners rough lay out and lost balls ...

Commented on 03/09/2020

Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back! Thanks for visiting Goat Hill Park!

Goat Hill

Very interesting course. Only #18 was flat ... all the rest of the holes were on a hill or side of the hill
But it was challenging and fun

Commented on 12/11/2019

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Goat Hill Park. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Under rated North County course

The first time I played Goat Hill was close to 12 years ago and I honestly didn't enjoy it very much. I had heard good things lately though and decided to give it a shot. I'm glad I did. This course is in between a full par 72 long course and an executive Par 3 course. The putting greens were all in excellent condition and there is a lot of variety to the course. Excellent views, including occasional ocean views as well. It is challenging but not a true ball stealer. I recommend this course.

Camp Pendleton, California