Style Executive

Located in Oceanside, Goat Hill Park originally opened in 1952 as a nine-hole course called Center City Golf Course. It was the first golf course in San Diego County and in the 1980s was designated as protected public land that cannot be developed without a public vote. The course was redesigned in the 1990s into an 18-hole short course and soon became known by locals as "Goat Hill." The course was threatened by development in 2014 but the local community fought the plans at city hall and a new management team led by local residents John Ashworth, David Emerick and Geoff Cunningham assumed management of the golf course. Using volunteer corps of tradesman and citizens along with dedicated staff, they renovated and revitalized Goat Hill to its current state. The course features one par 5 on its par-65 layout and features long views from its perch on a hill. It also has a full driving range, pro shop as well as disc golf interwoven into the layout.

Goat Hill Park Golf Course

Year Built 1952

Carts Yes - $10 - $14

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2015 #5)

Junior Golfers 10

Magical

I feel like iced played every public course in SD since moving out here 3 years ago. Everyone I met who played Goats Hill Park raved about ease of play and how nice/interesting the course was.- boy were they right.

I enjoy walking and made a mistake, I ended up waking 4.8 miles and climbed 39 stories. Thank god I played early in the day.

Over all it’s a magical place and I can’t wqit to return with my dog and buddies for a good time.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, Tom! We look forward to seeing you again soon! Goat Hill Park thanks you!

Why?

For the life of me I can not understand why you would re-do a lousy layout. It was right there. They had the money, the tractors, the time and they remade the same stupid layout with the same lame design. WHY did you not level out all the lousy fairways? In my opinion this was a HUGE missed opportunity to really do something special to an old local course. Not change it, but improve it. It can still be done IF they want to do it.

Exactly what golf needs more of

Quirk has been almost entirely scrubbed out of modern golf design. Weird holes and unusual bounces are often avoided, even by the heralded "classic"-inspired designs.

Goat Hill, for its part, has some truly strange and unusual holes, and is all the richer for it. The quirky nature of the course is a perfect match for the surfer-laid-back hey-it's-all-good-man attitude of the staff and most of the clientele, The terrain necessitates the existence of some truly stunning high-to-high par threes, which mix in with short par fours and firm turf. The farthest thing possible from a sterile "championship"-style course, Goat Hill is chicken soup for the golfer's soul.

Commented on 09/12/2019

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Goat Hill Park. We hope you give us another try in the near future.

Another great day

Been playing The Goat for 30 years. I love coming here now, and seeing all the changes from week to week. I love everything about this place.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hi, Kyle. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Goat Hill Park.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hello, jhargis2019. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Seems like it’s getting lots of TLC now and greens are great.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hi, Peter. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Goat Hill Park!

Glad I Made the Trek

Brought the persimmons out for an early morning tee time and enjoyed a 2.5 hour stroll around a rolling, hilly terrain. Even at 5,000 yards he Goat definitely makes you think and challenges you.

But more than the golf is the vibe out there. Just a fun, chill place that you want to be out even if you are not playing. When I played the fairways were getting new sod and I can't wait to see how it all looks in a few months. I will definitely be back.

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hi! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us and we are thrilled with how much you enjoyed your time here. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Goat Hill Park!

Great layout, challenging, a lot of FUN!

The course was a blast! We had a great time. The course design is awesome. You are forced to make a ton of different shots. Every hole is different. Pace of play is great. Course is very affordable. The course is challenging at times, not the hardest and not the easiest. We had an amazing time playing this course. It is my new favorite course to play in Southern California for all the above reasons. Highly recommend!

Commented on 08/15/2019

Hi! We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Goat Hill Park!

SoCal laid back!

If you didn’t have fun here then the problem is you. You’re not at Pelican Hill or Torrey Pines. You’re at “The Goat” so lighten up. I called in advance to ask about the dress code and they said as long as I was wearing clothes, I was good to go! Music playing over loud speakers from the pro shop, guys on the driving range in bare feet hitting balls. I’ve been fortunate enough to play some pretty great places all over the world and I will always remember my round at “The Goat”. The ladies in the pro shop couldn’t have been nicer!

Commented on 08/15/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us! Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Goat Hill Park.

Absolutely Awful!!

I’ve had the good fortune to play courses throughout the world. Without question, this was the worst course I’ve EVER played! TERRIBLE CONDITION - more dirt than grass! Bizarre routing! DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY!!

Commented on 05/31/2019

Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recovery the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We hope to see you again soon.

Great Greens/ The rest......not so much

The greens were in great shape and it had it's unique challenges for an older course.......and that's the only good thing I can say about the course. The fairways are in rough shape, a lot of overgrowth on the course, I was 1st out this morning and played the first 4 holes without any flags. I knew going in it wasn't a 5 star track, but it was rough and would not go back.

Commented on 04/26/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate your patience as the course has received a lot of rain this peak season. As the course continues to transition we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Friendly staff, New carts, nice greens.

The good news was the friendly greeting, the excelllent new carts and the greens are in great condition. In addition we tee'd off on time and had no hold-ups, indeed finished in around 3 hours.
But the course is a ball loser. As not a big hitter, we lost several balls in the canyons between tees and greens on several holes. Fairways are good in places but the hilly terrain means there are lots of sand gaps.
It was an "experience", but we wouldn't make the 80-mile roundtrip from Newport Beach again....

Commented on 04/02/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We appreciate you pointing out any pace of play issues at the course, we will definitely look into this further. Thank you for coming out and we hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

Great day of golf at Goat Hill

A great course to play to fine tune your golf. Okay to walk, but better to take a cart. Course conditions are great right now with all the rain during the past few weeks. The greens are great & a very fun course to play, especially if your friends are joining you.

Commented on 03/22/2019

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding our course conditions, especially after the weather we have received. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun, casual golf

Holes are all fun to play. Some very difficult holes, and very tricky greens.
Hard to shoot a score , but lots of good short game practice.

Commented on 03/15/2019

We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back!

Short, Challenging, and Super Fun

Goat hill was a blast! The weather was perfect and the way this course challenges your off the tee makes for a fun time. The fairways are har to hit and the green are hard to hole but to me that is what makes this course so much fun. I like a challenge course as long as it is playable, i missed many fairways and greens but never lost a single balls. I will definitely be back!!

Commented on 03/12/2019

Thank you for the 5-Star review, we appreciate the great feedback regarding the value of our course. Thanks for coming out and we hope to see you again soon.

Fun, yet challenging

Greens were nice. A bit slow. Love the brand new golf carts. I can tell the course gets better and better every time I go there.

Commented on 01/15/2019

Thank you for the awesome review! We appreciate the feedback and compliments regarding Goat Hill. Please come back and see us again soon.

Golf at Goat hill

We played today will never be back. Course was in very poor shape, just aerated and huge lumps everywhere. Poor signage between holes, could be better arranged for new customers. Paths were rough and all need upgrading. Up and down hills so not good for anyone with mobility issues. Only good part were the greens and the staff very friendly. Sorry can’t see us going back

Commented on 01/15/2019

We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll give us another try in the near future.

The Goat

Love this crazy little course! It makes me a better golfer and the greens are pristine!
It’s not your average course, and it will eat you alive if you aren’t on your game.
Great stuff!

Commented on 06/21/2019

Hello, ksh2662. Thank you for your 5-star rating! Please book another round with us soon.

Always satisfying

Intimidating but doable. Property continously improving. Overall casual relaxing environment, players cool people, staff are nice people.

Commented on 06/09/2019

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Goat Hill Park. We hope to see you again in the future.

Camp Pendleton, California
Camp Pendleton, California
Vista, California

Valid dates: Oct 10, 2019 - Oct 31, 2019
Golf Package Special for October starts at $199.00 for 1 or 2 golfers, Monday to Thursday. Golf included for each nights stay. Call 520-577-4092 to add additional golfers to the package.