Style Traditional
Regular White 71 6151 yards 69.0 114
Ladies' Red 71 5767 yards 73.0 118
Seniors Red 71 5767 yards 67.0 110
Scorecard for Whispering Lakes Golf Course
Blue M: 71.2/119 425 394 223 344 430 390 172 469 577 3424 384 398 383 179 369 383 189 499 416 3200 6624
White M: 69.0/114 419 369 213 332 422 365 163 430 466 3179 373 374 349 168 329 352 166 456 405 2972 6151
Red M: 67.0/110 W: 73.5/119 366 360 161 319 367 339 145 416 460 2933 356 361 335 149 307 335 153 446 392 2834 5767

Year Built 1960
Greens Rye Grass

Awesome staff

Great value and course was in good condition. Greg was super friendly and accomodating. Definitely recommend playing there

A “fair” course

This course is just “fair.” I’m not bad mouthing it, I’m just stating that I believe it to be an “average” course. The fairways are wide while the greens were the best thing about this course. The putting greens are really taken care of. But there’s nothing really special about this “vanilla” of a course. It is loud at some holes due to the close freeway traffic noise adjacent to the course. This is an old course that could use a better facelift. I was told that the city of Ontario has really cleaned up the course by putting some money into it, namely some mobile home style office and pro shop. But it still needs more work. The old clubhouse was torn out years ago and that has really taken the course’s overall appearance down. The course itself is just too flat like a swap meet converted into a golf course. Even the greens are all pretty much flat. Where’s the challenge?

This is really a “cargo shorts, Tank top and flip-flop” (if it were allowed) kinda of course in my opinion. I could see them making the movie “Tin Cup 2” here with Keven Costner’s character living in a an old Ford Pinto in the parking lot. Would I recommend this course? Maybe. I thought the weekend price was way too high for what this course is. It’s not a course that’s very pleasing to the eye with neat scenery, layout and many trees etc... but in a pinch and when all other courses are packed with people.... sure, I’d say it’s better than nothing in that case.

Fun Course!!!

This course is fun. The fairways were a bit sparse.
The tee boxes were wet. I am not sure if they are still watering with all this rain. The greens were in really nice shape. Overall for this time of year it was fine. I will be back after this 5 day rain spell to start tomorrow.

very nice course to play a little flat and open...but good course for beginners...we play for fun and were paired with a gentleman that had only been playing for 4 weeks...always nice to play with people that don't take their game so serious

Goose feces, slow pace of play, no Marshall and terrible etiquette.

Today was the most perfect day to golf. Woke up bright and ready with my dad and brother only to be greeted with fantastic sunshine. We got to the course ready to play in this fantastic weather only to be forgotten about by the "Starter". We were 2nd in the queue to tee-up and then he completely skipped our names and let another group play in front of us. We were a walking 3-some ready to grip it a rip it, but were forced to play behind the slowest most inconsiderate group in front of us who happened to be a 5-some in Basketball Jerseys and Jeans.

After 3 holes the group in front were two holes BEHIND. We asked to play through and they refused to let us. We were hoping to see a Marshall help aide the pace of play, but there were none to be found. Our rhythm and tempo set from the beginning of the day was horrendously thrown off by the lack of authority on the golf course. This would have been fine had it only been the first time it happened to us, but this was the second time it had happened to us in our few times playing this course.

I must bid a farewell to Whispering Lakes. These past few experiences have not been optimal and have frankly ruined our optimism for this course. The perfectly kept greens are not worth the hassle of dealing with anarchy on the golf course due to more than rowdy guests.

Goodbye, Whispering Lakes.

Retiree

Some fairways aren't smooth, many small volcano's due too underground animals dugout if you happened drive the ball into the vocano it's very difficult to find the ball specially if you want to keep the pace of play correctly.

Solid

Solid public course with good length if you go from the blues, but much more playable for the average golfer from the whites... can play slow due to a few difficult par 3's that get things bunched up (like number 3), but on this day, the greens were in great shape, fairways were good, rough was penile... wide is a factor here most the time, but the course is right in front of you and is a great value.

Fix the Fairways

I have played this course a few times over the years.
Nothing has changed here. the greens and bunkers are really nice. But the fairways are a lumpy as ever.
If this course had spent some money over the years fixing their fairways, this would be a top notch course.

I here they are closing this course down soon. So I can see how they won't spend any more money on the course now.

Great value

I haven't played here in about 10 years, they still have the old Clubhouse. I was pleasantly surprised by the condition of the course and especially the bunkers. If you haven't played here in a while give it another look.

Whispering Lakes Golf

Great day for golf , my friends and I had a good time! But I have noticed that the staff is not very friendly and that could be the reason why there is nobody on the course. Plus gravel in the bunkers!

rshepphard
Commented On 05/02/2017

I woke up this morning and decided to go play another course. However, I exit the freeway and decided to give this course another shot. I played Whispering Lakes YEARS ago, and the course was in a downward spiral. The club house was barely standing. The big bad wolf would had needed one huff and puff to blow it down. Today when I arrived, I was surprise at the overall condition of the course and facility. The new club house was nice, not spectacular. The tee boxes were in decent condition, I notice a abundance of broken tees and divots from golfers tee shots, fairways could be better and the greens were nice. No bumps, very smooth and fast like I like them. I was told that the city took over the course and I think they are on the right track to restoring this course to its glory days. I play a lot on weekdays, so for $28 bucks with a cart on a Tuesday, you can't beat it. I think if the golfers will clean up after themselves on the tee boxes and fairways it will help with the condition of the course. Overall, I enjoyed my experience today on a nice course that is on it's way to becoming a very nice golf experience for us local golfers.

No worth the savings

The conditions are horrible. The staff was nice, but didn't seem to care about anything. They need to take some retail or customer service courses.

nice place

Plesant suprise. Always wanted to try the course. It was fun and nice to play.

Excited to play again

I thought the course was very professional and has a good crew taking care of it.

Mira Loma, California