Lake Oroville Golf & Country Club

Red/Red (W) 66 3636 yards 61.0 105

Year Built 1974
Architect Homer Flint

Bitter Disappointment

I drove 45 minutes to the course and when I got there they would not honor my pre-paid round. Apparently there have been issues, from their perspective, with golf now paying them their share of the pre=paid fees. Golf Now either needs to take them down off the site, or figure something out with them because its not fair to us golfers to spend our time, energy, and gasoline to go to a course that turns us away.

poor maintenance

Not only was the course in need of TLC, the pro shop was not open. No one there to check us in. If it had not been for a mens club volunteer that happened to have a key we would have driven up there for nothing! We finished 9 holes, (didn't play 18 because the course was in such bad condition), and the place was still locked up with no one in site. Will not go there again unless new owners come in. The current owner has been there for several years and the course gets worse every time we play there.

Don't waste your time

It is intertwined through a trailer park. Course is neglected in the worst way. Could be a nice cource if it had TLC.

This course is fun to play

Will be playing there more times than not. Owner needs to get the cafe going for those of us who want to play 18. My cousin and I were to drop a bill for food and drinks but had to call it short and go elsewhere.

Great, Friendly Course

High above Lake Oroville,with beautiful views from Clubhouse and some parts of the course. Dave Davis made us feel at home from the time we checked in. Gave us some pointers on the nine-hold course which we played twice. Seems like a family-friendly, local course which is worth the trip.

Great terrain !

Played nine holes with a cart which is necessary unless you like tough walking. Most fairways have a cross slope., this is good to me.

Perfect day for golf

Had a lot of fun with family, A more kick back course but lots of fun

Nice course to practice accuracy

nice course to practice accuracy. 1st time around good pace. 2nd 9 2 groups of 6 playing. Went back 3 holesand replayed them.

Good place

I'm a beginner so this course is a more difficult for wme than it is for others. The course could be groomed better. I felt I had a harder time where the grass was over grown. The price was good for the conditions. The staff was friendly and I had a fun time playing here.

Not what I expected

Have to say that some of the views were really nice but the course on the whole was not that great greens were bumpy and not well groomed fairly fast but too many little Divots no food or beverages due to I guess lack of staff

The course is better than it used to be, but no where near where it should be.

I have played this course multiple times bevause I live near it. (I usually play table mountain). This course has always been sort of a billy goat course. It can be very frustrating because even a dead center fairway ball can be lost and never found due to the crazy slopes. But this course still needs a lot of work. The carts there are horrible as well. I have never gone there and was able to play 18 holes with one Cart. I Recommend playing table mountain which is worth the money. But if you don't have a lot of money and have a lot of balls to lose, I recommend lake Oroville.

Doesn't resemble much of a golf course.

Course is in very bad shape... Grounds need to be cleaned and the fairways could use a lot of help. I wouldn't recommend playing here, even if someone was paying for you.

Great environment, challenging course.

This is a challenging course with several fairways sloped mostly to the right. Some holes have greens considerably higher than the tees, adding to the fun.

Oroville, California