2.6

Credit Cards Accepted Visa, Mastercard

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities

Best kept secret

Playing this course is always a pleasure.. It’s beautifully laid out In an exquisite setting with a good mix of long and short pars and some challenging greens. It’s easy to get to from SF and when meeting friends coming up from the peninsula. During the pandemic, Sharp Park is what the doctor ordered to keep your sanity.

Great public course, deceptively challenging

Sharp park is a great value, although lacking many of the bells and whistles of many courses. The first three holes are a nice warm up, 4-7 are a fun jaunt into the forest and up/down the mountain, and today, I watched one of my foursome get a hole-in-one on 8.
The course is right on the ocean so the wind, and weather in general, can be challenging. Greens could definitely use some care, but are definitely better than some of the other local public courses. No driving range, so warm up nearby at the San Bruno golf center, if needed.

Sharp Park - A must play!

Sharp Park is a great old Alistair MacKenzie course. It's a bit rough around the edges with lots of ball marks on the greens but you don't play Sharp Park because you are looking for perfect conditions. You play Sharp Park because you appreciate a great layout with some very challenging holes and tricky greens. It's a purist's delight and especially on such a perfect day. I will be back very soon.

Don't book through Golfnow

They charged me substantially more than the quote through Golfnow.

Tee times too close together.

My husband and I had a tee time of 3:50pm on Saturday. We were paired with a great couple about even in skill with us. The speed of play in front of us was a joke. It took us 5 hours to play 12 holes! We didn’t get to finish the round as flags were being pulled and the sun was setting. Understand that this is one of the only sports to get out with right now, but please course managers - don’t schedule tee times so close together. It makes for a miserable golf experience.

Needs a lot of work

Course is in terrible shape. Don’t waste your money.

The course has some pretty holes.

Carts were broken down. They had none for those in need. We were forced to walk or go home. I had called ahead the day before and they had said they had carts available.

Blatantly ripped off

I booked a tee time for me and a buddy online through GolfNow for $38/each, crystal clear on my email confirmation. When we got to the course, JOSE (remember that name) said "we have nothing to do with GolfNow!" Really? How did you get my tee time in your system then?? He refused to listen or take responsibility - could only tell me "It's $54, you can go play somewhere else if you don't like it". Someone needs to do two things about this course: 1) Fix your system and interfaces with GolfNow so you stop ripping people off, and 2) find something for Jose to do besides deal with human beings.

Did not honor Golf Now Pricing !!

Jose at the front desk was super unfriendly. He put my group in such a negative mindset for them not honoring the golf now pricing. Our price was supposed to be $34 and he charged us $54 and we didn’t even get a cart. Worst service ever and I don’t recommend playing this course. 5 1/2 hour rd and everyone is on edge bc they want to play faster but can’t. Terrible experience.

Booked tee for 38$ per person plus 10$ fee paid upfront. Get to the course and the clueless staff says there is no tee booked but no worry. They’ll fit me in for 61$ per person. Then when I supply prof of booking this vacant old vessel tells me they don’t honor golf now tees.
Why are they on there then? I quest it’s my fault for not knowing they don’t honor GN tees.
My bad.

THEY DONT HONOR THE BOOKING PRICE

First off, they upped the booked price by 18.00 per person.

Then, the course pace of play was extremely slow. It had been 3 hours and 20 minutes for 10 holes. We ended up leaving after that.

Pretty place. Badly in need of upkeep, though.

Commented on 06/08/2020

Worst experience ever

Incorrect Price posting

I book this here on Golfnow but when i get to the Course. Sharp Park Golf course told us that the posting was incorrect and we should complain to whoever posted it and not to them!!!! This was the FIRST time we've experienced this and hoping this is going to be amended!!!!

Booked for $38 and was charged $54 on the course!!!

Very good course

I enjoy playing Sharp Park,
It has some challenging holes and normally it is a bit windy being on the coast.
Today the weather was perfect with very little wind and mild temperature.
The course is in very condition as it basically had no play for 2 months.

Great Day of Golf!

It sure is nice to be golfing in 72-degree weather especially when it’s 93-degrees on the peninsula. I was scheduled to tee-off at 2:14pm but waited about 35-minutes for a golf cart.. I’m glad that we can get out and golf during this pandemic and since we’re still social distancing many people are renting golf cats as one per player. Booking my tee-time on Golf Now (GN) is the best tool to view multiple golf courses, see their fees, and also shop for a hot deal (if available. The golf course was nice and green because of recent rains and the enclosed habitat for the red legged frog and San Francisco garter snake was healthy and blended well to the manicured course. There was only a couple of glaring issues that stood out: 1) no trash cans were out on the course, which caused people to leave their litter on the roped-off benches at the tee-box. This concerns me because the endangered species shouldn’t have to deal with man’s litter (my guess is that they are left by people walking the course who don’t tote their trash in and 2) GN states the green fees are $32 and the guy at the window said it’s $34. I’m grateful that he honored the stated $32 fee. So for a nice day of golf when the rest of the peninsula is dealing with hot weather, book your tee-time at Sharp Park.

SPark

Kind of a hidden gem. The carts are old and horrible, but the course in much better shape. If you don't mind walking it's a beautiful course in the coastal woods. Some fairways are a little chunky.

Great bones, but needs resuscitation

Dr. Mackenzie created an absolute gem in Pacifica. The land is perfect for his style of golf architecture. You get some parkland style holes through the cypress trees and up into the mountain, then you get some great holes along the marshy linkslands. I got a feeling of Harding Park meets Tilden Park meets Pacific Grove GL.

Unfortunately I think the Good Doctor would be disappointed in what shape his vision is currently in. I think the city has done a poor job of cultivating this hidden gem. I’m sure it’s difficult to work with a such little revenue and funds they have—especially considering the greens fees. It’s great that you get to play a Mackenzie course for ~$30, but it definitely is maintained like a $30 course. I’d happily pay $50 or more if it meant a restoration of the course. It would still be a better deal than many of the courses in the Bay Area. The fairways were all clover grass, and the tee boxes were all torn up, but the greens were in decent shape. You’d think it would be in better shape after healing for 2 months during the quarantine period.

All-in-all, it’s a very fun course and a beautiful setting. You definitely see Mackenzie’s fingerprints throughout the course with strategic mounds and humps, undulating greens, and fairways in close proximity to each other.

Great Golf Experience

I enjoyed my round today. The facility has seen better days - it is as far from a country club feel as you can get. However, the course design is interesting and challenging. The conditions were generally very good - traps need more sand and the greens are slow with some disease on a few greens. Overall it feels like a good muni experience and value.

Good location...No ocean view

such a nice location at middle of north bay...
fair course condition... however no amenities,.
and no ocean view either....
No calf resident card, little bit expensive...

Brutal

Tried to arrange through GolfNow, arrived at course with confirmation number and was told that wouldn't work because they were not informed by Golf now of the reservation. Golf shop tried to call to verify but were told it would be a 3 hour wait on hold. So I had to pay an extra 16 dollars, Still trying to get charge reversed but it seems hard to contact Golfnow unless you are paying them. Needless to say I am done using Golf Now

socalsoulgolfer
Commented on 05/05/2020

complain of paying $16 extra to play a historic course?

South San Francisco, California