Type Resort/Private
Style Links

Year Built 2020
Fairways SeaDwarf Paspalum Grass
Greens SeaDwarf Paspalum Grass
Architect Greg Norman (2020)

Carts Yes - included in green fee

Spa, Internet Access

Available Activities

Swimming

Top new Cabo course

I played nearly every course in Cabo during a month-long stay, and this is the one I could really see myself playing again and again. Feel lucky to have found it, as it’s so new they weren’t listed on a lot of the ranking sites. I believe you have to stay at one of the Solmar resorts to play here or be a member/owner. I stayed at the all-inclusive Playa Grande. The rates for both the hotel and lodging were pretty reasonable, especially when compared to Diamanté Dunes course down the road and the Nobu/hard rock hotels they partner with, and I found the dunes holes along the ocean to be equally majestic. While tough, I think it’s a more playable course with less gimmicks than some of the other courses in the area that almost play like a video game. Great food/drinks at the comfort stations and the service was awesome - they even let me take a caddy which was a lot of fun, although the course is so new that the green reads still need some work :)

Dunes for days at Rancho San Lucas

Rancho San Lucas shoots up near the top - if not TO the top - of my favorite courses in Cabo. Playing six holes with architect Greg Norman at the grand opening has nothing to do with my affinity for Cabo's newest course.
It's such a simple, yet well-thought-out, routing in a spectacular setting. Norman teases golfers with holes 2-3 near the beach and then blows them away with three sand dune holes on the back nine, starting with the spectacular 14th. The island green on the par-3 17th is a nice change-up from all that sand before the par-5 18th takes golfers home.
The only complaint? I wasn't alone in feeling the par-3 11th was the only hole that didn't feel playable, a theme Norman emphasized. I lost my tee shot in desert scrub both times I played the uphill, semi-blind tee shot.
The fairways are very generous in most places, which is necessary for a site that can get windy, especially in the off-season. Norman designed a shorter loop with holes sheltered from the wind for just that reason. Food and drink are free at two high-end comfort stations. Only members and guests at Solmar Hotels and Resorts get access, so choose where you stay in Cabo wisely. You don't want to miss this beauty.

One of the first to play!

We had the opportunity to play the course in November 2019 before it was officially opened. The course was in excellent condition and found it be fair with challenging holes. The cart paths, comfort stations and clubhouse were not completely finished, but you could tell it would be an excellent venue. Our caddie, Luis did a good job and was a pleasure to have him with us. Even though, it was his first time around the entire course also. My ratings are a little premature as we were one of the few golfers on the course. Would look forward to playing it again in the future. I want to thank Brad W. for making it happen!

Commented on 03/06/2020

Greg Norman should be running the PGA. He is a solid leader, not afraid to tell a player to straighten up. Hopefully would set some better guide rules. Don’t need stoned players, and dress code should be kept professional. It the last sport for clean cut people. When I and my friends start seeing long hair, to many tattoos and body piercings. We will play the game, but never watch it. There is more of us that think this way than you know. Even my 25 year old son admits it’s refreshing to see some dignity in the game of golf. JT

Cabo San Lucas, Los Cabos