The Vineyard at Escondido Golf Club
Back/Blue 70 6531 yards 71.2 127
Middle/White 70 6160 yards 69.4 122
Forward/Silver (W) 70 5073 yards 70.3 117
Scorecard for Vineyard
Back M: 71.2/127 W: 72.8/125 420 351 125 404 401 152 295 419 503 3070 389 457 154 477 412 551 453 157 411 3461 6531
Middle M: 69.4/122 W: 70.2/122 397 334 109 388 386 134 281 401 484 2914 374 436 124 455 381 523 425 136 392 3246 6160
Forward M: 70.3/117 W: 68.5/120 336 263 79 332 304 110 245 326 420 2415 301 348 96 393 312 453 332 102 321 2658 5073

Year Built 1993
Architect David Rainville

Golf School Academy Yes - "Nike Golf Learning Center"

I won't play this course again

The range is poor, the pace of play is really bad and there are much nicer courses out there from a care and upkeep perspective for the money.

Gone to waste

Technically this is my “SCGA” course. However, I don’t see how I can play here again. We teed off at 1:30 p.m. and didn’t finish until 6:30 p.m.

I understand courses can be slow but there were no marshals to keep things in line. The group in front of us played from the tips and constantly hit one provisional after the other.

Oh, wanna know why I know it’s overbooked? There were pitch marks everywhere on the greens and affected every putt. Sorry not worth it.

Overbooking

The only issue i had was over booking of the course. I had lunch with my girlfriend at the club house after the front 9 and was told it’s wouldn’t be an issue to resume the back 9. I start the back 9 and it was a hassle because too many people. I resumed play immediately after being rushed to hurry golf play in a group of 5. I more than likely will not return because of the over booking. Has nothing to do with staff or course play.

Pace of play

After 4 1/2 hours and we hadn't even approached the 16th , we called it quits. Too long for such an average course. Will not be returning.

Keep it Green!

No overbooking. Didn't have a group behind us or in front of us. Able to play at a decent pace. Jason was manning the controls in the pro shop, as professionally as he does! Starter was a little grumpy but he did his job. We all had fun, course in great shape, etc.

Nice track

I was very pleased with the course layout the greens could be a little quicker but overall a nice place to play.

Pace of play is the worst

Course was in good shape, but the pace of play is the worst! Waited every shot, and left after 9 holes due to how bad the pace was! Took over 2 hours and 45 min to get through 9 holes! Really insulting!

Sun at last !

Course in good shape, beautiful day and played with great guy. Life is good !

Consistently a Nice course!

In good shape, especially the greens. Pro shop and starters keep tee times consistently on time, pace of play good, fun layout. Overall a good value.

Rainy Day

The front 9 the course is very well taken care of and green. The back 9 is a work that is actively in progress. The course is challenging and can easily lose a ball. There wasn’t too many people playing today as it is a weekday and raining. The staff was friendly and let my buddy and I start playing 30-40 minutes prior to our tee time. Pace of play was pretty quick as there was not too many out.

Slow pace

Very slow pace
They need better communication between the office and the starter.

Watch for GOLFERS

It is actually GOPHERS !
Awesome golf course! and you still have some idiots that don't want to take the time to fix their divots on the greens. But yet they will most likely be the first ones to complain how terrible the greens are..."You know who u are" Fix your divots and you will have a blast people.

First impressions matter

I decided to take my 10 year old twins to a new course for us based on the ability to play after noon on a Saturday, with their Jr Golf Program. I was immediately told by the snooty club house man, "You can't get them on till after the twilight which is 2:00 PM". I said ok, but the website of the program your club belongs to states it is available after noon. Quote of the SCGA website for Vineyard at Escondido states "SCGA JuniorWalk up only (no tee times), M-Th Anytime, Fri-Sun and holidays after 12pm, Supervisor must pay cart or green fee, Driving range Sun, M, T, Th anytime" He responded like a privileged country club pro, "Well the website is wrong." After he sighed, he said, "Ok this time ill let you go early." Gee thanks, I thought, I hope the other employees here are nicer. Luckily, they were.

The course was a below average San Diego public course with tee boxes which were either dormant or in need of attention.

Luckily we had fun on the course and my one guy chipped in for birdie on 17. Course management remember, I am a customer and have options. If the website is wrong, you need to fix it. That is the reason I drove to your course. Second, treating the youth that way is so close minded. These guys are the future of playing this game and paying your greens fees and salary. Don't worry about doing us a favor again. We won't be back. There are other options out there, who want our patronage.

gmvineyard
Commented On 04/15/2019

My name is Jeff Stern, I am the Assistant General Manager at The Vineyard. The Vineyard welcomes junior golfers and encourages junior play. It has always been our policy to allow SCGA junior play after 2pm Fri-Sunday. I apologize our guidelines for play were not communicated effectively. Our golf course is currently going through a fairway program that will ensure year round quality. I'm hopeful you will come back to The Vineyard and have a better experience. Please contact me anytime with questions/concerns. Jeff

Punched up & closed

Really looked forward to playing with my daughter on a nice course. Had no advance notice that the back 9 was Closed for maintenance and that the front 9 greens had just been punched & sanded. NOT COOL

Back Nine closed

Today the back nine was closed for maintenance. We had to play the front nine twice. I was not notified of this when I booked the round. Bad not to be advised when booking!

Greens are in good shape

Had a great time, course is maintained well. Greens in good shape this time of year.

Pace of play

This course is constantly overbooked. They space the tee times about 5-7 minutes apart on a good day. Every hole you’re waiting on the tee box for the previous group to tee off. There are no marshals on the course to monitor the pace. It took me nearly 3 hours to play the front 9. Left after 15 because the pace was so slow. Will not return.

gmvineyard
Commented On 03/28/2019

My name is Jeff Stern, I am the Assistant General Manager at The Vineyard at Escondido. The Vineyard is known for having the best public greens in San Diego, and is the best value in San Diego County. Due to our popularity, the pace of play is a bit longer then other courses in the area. Our tee times vary from 7-9 minutes depending on day/time. We do not overbook. Our tee sheet does fill up quickly due to the popularity of our golf course. Our ambassador program is outstanding! A typical day will have a starter on the tee ensuring guests go out ontime. We have 2 abmassadors on the course roaming and interacting with our guests to ensure pace of play is the best it can be. Our morning rounds typically play in 4 1/2 hours. Our afternoon rounds, during our busiest times typically play in 4:45-5:00 hours. Spring is upon us, and we look forward to seeing you at The Vineyard! Jeff

Poway, California