Style Executive
Pleasanton Golf Center

Year Built 1974
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect Ron Curtola (1974)

Snacks

Clubhouse

9-Hole Rounds 11

Pleasanton Golf course

It is a decent 9 hole course, good for leisure or workout. The quality is good for the fairways and greens. The only thing I don’t like is there are too few trees in the course. The course is kind of plain since you can see all 9 greens and all other players at any time.

Except no cart

Except no cart You’re in the call Val you say included the cart but I said thank you wrong because I got 15 bucks the card please I don’t know but a I want a refund

Great course for this beginner!

This was my first round of golf ever so this was the perfect experience for me. There was nobody behind us so we didn't feel rushed. It's a compact, quick course but there is enough interest to keep me coming back. Loved it!!!

I have been going to Pleasanton Golf Center for over a year now and have had no issues. I thought I would bring my 13 year old son with me so I can play a round of golf with him and have a good father and son quality time. It was scorching hot over 100 degrees but the heat was no problem as long I got the chance to spend some time with my son. There were 2 golfers ahead of us who were accompanied by their girlfriends. They also brought a cooler filled with beer. My son, like any other player mishit his ball and rolled towards them while they were on the tee-box. I apologized 3 times and had my son walk towards them to apologize as well. They were verbally aggressive towards us. They had no ounce of golf etiquette. They did not respect the pace of play, in addition they were over chit-chatting, kissing, hitting multiple balls as they were teaching their girlfriends to play for the first time, while other golfers were piling behind them. We were on our 6th hole that took us 2 hours to get there because we were patiently waiting on them to move to the next hole. Even the couple who was 3 holes behind us, caught up with us. His wife left because of the pace and just joined me and my son. Paul, the gentleman who joined us, shared his frustration with the pace of the game and about these players ahead of us. I called the golf shop and Joel was vast to come out and talk to the "group". When we were proceeded to move ahead of them, they started to show disrespect, yelling and cursing and purposely coughed while I was about to hit the ball. One of the gentleman in the group even rudely shouted "Covid" with a smirk when I glanced back to see who coughed, and Mind you I was with my son. We decided to not finish the game and just leave and head to the office and complain. On our drive back home, I received a call from the office . I appreciate him getting back to us BUT to put the blame on us and my son is uncalled for. He was on speaker phone and my son heard JOEL accusing him of hitting them with a ball. You should have seen my son's whole body go limp. He didn't observe what had happened and did not need to take sides, nor put the blame on anyone and tell us what we should have done. He could have just said, "I understand your frustration" and "I apologize for your experience with us today". My son went through Golf classes and was taught golf etiquette. He knows that the Sport of Golf is a sport of Class but to have gone through this has impacted my son.

overall bad experience

Hidden little gem!

Nice small course perfect for a quick outing and/or playing with young players. Excellent Money to value ratio!

Easy Walk

Course is the inside of a horse race track, flat, easy to walk. One water hazard, small greens, lots of par 3's. Enjoyed the walk, good course to practice irons. No scorecards being provide due to Covid. Played the nine holes in an hour and twenty minutes.

Super slow pace

The kid in the office seems to send out as many people as possible, one right after another, and causes quite the back up.

Nice for noobies

It’s a really nice course for beginners. It has some par 4s and not just a 9 hole with par 3s. Nice and open with minimal hazards so you won’t lose many golf balls. Pace of play was bad, but that’s just how some days can be when playing golf.

Good course for all abilities

Took my wife here for her first round. The course is simple but presents challenge in the right spots for the average golfer. The first par 4 is the most difficult hole, then things become easier. Because it is built inside of a horse track there are very few reference points for holes, you'll be surprised that from time to time you need to check the map. Rough was cut very short, basically an extra wide fairway. For beginners this takes the pressure of hitting a straight shot off the tee.

Greens played fast despite the rain so I imagine when dry they play very quick, leaving some challenge for better golfers. Sand traps were in average to good condition, again given the rain this is a good sign. Fun layout overall and plays quickly.

Municipal