Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort - West/North
|Black M: 69.1/122||425||235||645||347||284||129||481||177||404||3127||510||350||330||147||502||327||332||120||390||3008||6135|
|Blue M: 67.9/119 W: 74.2/133||415||197||570||339||276||129||472||177||394||2969||510||350||330||147||502||327||332||120||390||3008||5977|
|White M: 66.6/116 W: 72.7/130||390||197||570||329||265||118||454||153||377||2853||495||336||320||137||490||315||320||110||375||2898||5751|
|Red M: 65.0/111 W: 70.8/127||379||146||509||320||249||105||437||125||358||2628||470||320||309||129||471||296||305||96||363||2759||5387|
Rancho Las Palmas CC, (South), Hole 1, Par 4, 395 yds Photo submitted by David1684852
Rancho Las Palmas CC, (South), Hole 7, Par 4, 362 yds Photo submitted by David1684852
Rancho Las Palmas CC, (South), Hole 9, Par 4, 360 yds Photo submitted by David1684852
Rancho Las Palmas CC, (West) Hole 5, Par 4, 301 yds Photo submitted by David1684852
Rancho Las Palmas CC, (West) Hole 6, Par 3, 129 yds Photo submitted by David1684852
Rancho Las Palmas CC, (West) Hole 9, Par 4, 404 yds Photo submitted by David1684852
Driving range Photo submitted by GolfMiser
1st "fairway" West Course Photo submitted by GolfMiser
Too many holes play in the wash on the North. South is better layout. Didn’t feel this was resort-worthy course so glad we played when rates were cheaper. Course conditions were acceptable for summer. Greens were nice but on the slow side.
July is maintenance time
played the north to west. fairways have lots of brown areas, greens are super slow, bunkers have little sand and play like hard pan. typical July condition for this course
Rode the Blacks on the West/South combo (6391/70.1/121) as a single in around 2H on a GN "Hot Deal" for less than $15. The weather was sunny, fairly calm and slightly above 100.
The condition of the tees was hit and miss. Some were nice and semi lush, others were ragged/thin. Several were crowned and could use leveling.
The fairways were semi lush and usually nice to play from. There are some thin patches, almost hard pan from the heat.
The rough was semi lush and was not overly penal. Good POP rough and good to chip out of.
The sand traps were decently maintained with fine grain, thick sand.
The greens were very firm and putted medium speed. Fairly bumpy with few ball marks.
The customer service from the pro shop & starter/cart person were excellent, as has been the case on every visit here. Grass range looked decent. No drink cart, but there was an operational snack stand at the turn. Recommended.
Worst course I have played in a long, long time. Tee boxes, fairways, rough, sand traps and greens were all terrible.
Rancho Las Palmas
Rode the Blacks on the South/North combo (6343/69.2/124) with Caligolfer1031 in 3H on a GN "Hot Deal" for less than $20. The weather was in the low 100's, sunny and fairly calm.
The heat has really taken a toll on RLP in the past few weeks. RLP was in excellent condition when I played here in early April. Today, it's still very playable but getting rough around the edges. The Bermuda is taking over but not yet 100%.
Ted Robinson Jr. 1977 design. As you would expect from "The king of water features", there are plenty of water hazards that you have to play over, mostly on approach shots. A few grip/rip it holes, but many holes have OB down at least one side if not both. The fairways are not that narrow and are lined with hundreds of towering palm trees. However, if you miss the fairway by more than a few yards you are in trouble on this course with few exceptions.
The condition of the tees was all over the place. Some were nice and semi lush, others looked like they had been scalped. Several were crowned and could use leveling.
85% of the fairways were semi lush and nice to play from. The other 15% was thin patches, almost hard pan.
The rough was usually lush and was not overly penal. Just low enough that the ball often sat up.
The sand traps were decently maintained with thick, fine grain sand.
The greens were fairly bumpy with few ball marks. Very firm, they putted medium speed. Not nearly as good as my last visit here.
The customer service from the pro shop & starter/cart person were excellent, they had me out before my tee time. Grass range looked decent. No drink cart, but there was an operational snack stand at the turn. Overall, these are 27 enjoyable holes of golf. I enjoy playing the North 9 the most and the West 9 the least of the three 9's. Fun course(s), Recommended.
A MUST PLAY !
I LOVE this course ! Once in a while, in the summer, u get out of state tourists who clog up the course but NOT this day ! I got to play 27 holes in a great time and had a SUPER time ~! In my view, this is a MUST PLAY course !
Really enjoy playing here
My wife and I come to Palm Springs from Az a few times a year for a little fun and golf, this is one of my favorite places to play... love the layout and the staff is ALWAYS so friendly