A sunny day view of a green from Wildhorse Golf Club of Robson Ranch.

Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch

Year Built 2019
Architect Gary Stephenson (2001)

Carts Yes - $19

Golf School Academy Yes - "Dave Bowles Golf School" & "Lone Star Golf Academy"

Credit Cards Accepted Yes
Single Allowed No

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Available Sports

Tennis

Course is a little drive for most in metroplex

course is challenging without being tricky.....fairways were in good shape and the greens rolled true....since playing a couple weeks earlier it did appear to need some water.....members and staff are very friendly and happy group...my rate came with two sleeves of a premium golf ball....maybe a little higher than other golf now courses but a value

Commented on 07/10/2020

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the value of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing @WildhorseRR. We hope to see you again soon.

Perfect Conditions but Speedy Greens

The course was in phenomenal condition when we played. The fairways and rough are all cut perfectly. However the greens were recently punched and they are now lightning fast and very hard. It made it hard to score very well simply because of the greens. Overall the nicest course conditions I’ve played on this year. Well worth the money for an afternoon tee time.

Commented on 07/07/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again on the course soon! Thanks for choosing @WildhorseRR.

Commented on 06/29/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @WildhorseRR!

Texas Advisor

Great course, bad day

We played the West/North combo. Conditions were pretty good considering 2 inches of rain overnight. Cart path only of course....

I love this course, very playable, fair, wide fairways, challenging greens, and good bunkers.

However, the course and facility was having a bad day. We waited over 45 minutes for a cart at 1pm on a Saturday. Then when we got on the course it was a 5 hour slog due to people that don't understand how to play CPO golf. Robson needs to invest in some new or rented carts to meet demands on weekends. They recognize the problem, but haven't done anything about it yet.

My suggestions would be to go here on a weekday or weekend morning. Much more enjoyable in my opinion. Again, great course, great people, just a bad day today.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hello, and thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. This is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With so many golfers looking to get out, we are working very hard to maintain social distancing while accommodating everyone who visits our course. We are doing everything we can to allow our guests the chance to complete their rounds and finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and thank you for playing @WildhorseRR. We hope to see you again soon.

Enjoyable round

Played the combo of North/South and really enjoyed both. Courses were in excellent condition with generous fairways which made for a fun match. Staff were helpful and we took advantage of the promotion with two sleeves of golf balls.

Commented on 06/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. @WildhorseRR thanks you!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great course - worth the drive!

Drove 45 mins for this course and not disappointed! Prestine conditions and fun layout with tee boxes for every skill set. Played from the blues and difficult enough due to the wind. Highly recommend and will drive again to try out the south course!

Commented on 06/22/2020

Your feedback is important to us, so thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again on the course soon! Thanks for choosing @WildhorseRR.

A Go to course

I play this course at least once a week. Course had been fertilized recently, but the greens ran pretty true. Fairways are good. Played in 3 & 1/2 hours. The folks in the pro shop are always super. If u get a chance to play it, try the new North course.

Commented on 06/22/2020

Hi, Ronnie. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @WildhorseRR!

Commented on 06/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Gary! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing @WildhorseRR!

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Great day on a great course

Second time playing so got to play the south 9 for the first time. Personally I think it’s my favorite of the three. Conditions were set up for a rough day...100 degrees, 30 mph wind, and aeration alert after the recent work. Despite all of that and it’s impact on my score....it was a real joy to play. Things will continue to improve with the north 9 which hopefully will lead to Allowing carts at 90 degrees. Can’t wait to play wild horse again in a few weeks.

Commented on 06/10/2020

Hi. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @WildhorseRR!

This is a good course

Didn't know what to expect from a retirement community course. It's really nice. So well taken care of. Way more difficult then you would imagine from a course that seems so wide open. The high grass that is not playable and the placement of sand traps and occasional water created a course that is very challenging and still fun. Would have been better if we didn't have to wait on every hole but it was the weekend so we were happy to get on a course. We drove 50 minutes to play this course and would do it again. Thank you Wildhorse for a very challenging round on a beautiful course!

Commented on 06/02/2020

Top notch course!

I’ve played this course many times. Probably 6 times a year. Last time was late May 2020. Of the courses I’ve played in DFW. Wild Horse is one of the best IF by best you mean great conditions all year round. Immaculate. Just immaculate. Challenging from the tips and fair. By far, a top 10 and must experience especially if you’re from out of town looking for a great place to play. I go the distance to play this course as often as I can (It is a bit out of the way). One thing tho... this is a retirement community and lots of people driving their own carts. But they play lightning fast especially when they’re behind you. You will love this course if you prefer quality over cost. Not one of the cheaper courses but we’ll worth the $$

Commented on 06/02/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing @WildhorseRR.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

I’ll be back...enjoyed the round

First time at Wildhorse - played west and north. Played alone due to wet conditions from previous night so pro shop gave me a players book...super helpful on the west as it came with advice for each hole in addition to the yardages. North only shows map and yardage...too new for tips I guess. Fairly open course and in great condition and not a bad drive coming from Flower Mound. Will definitely be back.

Commented on 05/27/2020

Finally made it to the North Course

Finally got a chance to try the new north course today and WOW was I impressed. The layout is unlike anything else you’ve seen in DFW. Very unique. Conditions were immaculate. Best value in the area. Always an enjoyable experience at Robson, and the new North Course is a must-try.

Commented on 05/21/2020

Wow! We are so happy you enjoyed your round. We look forward to seeing you again soon @WildhorseRR.

#BeautifulGolfCourses

Course was in amazing shape the day after 5 in of rain. No standing water just played extremely long due to no roll out. Greens were in amazing shape rolled pure.

Commented on 05/18/2020

My reservation was lost

Confirmed on a Wednesday for Friday 1pm. We showed up to the course and the club house had no clue about our tee time. The Employee’s only solution was to call golf now and get my money back. After showing my displeasure they did Comp us some range balls. I stopped the starter to ask if they ever had a problem with golf now. We were able to join a single because of cancelation. When I called golf now the wait time was 3 hours!! The course players are all old wealth Very grumpy people. EVERYTHING is shut down because of covid. The water at the club house was completely empty. The range baskets were not collected and littered everywhere. No employee seemed to know about the kitchen hours.

Commented on 05/19/2020

Hello. We appreciate you reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the experience you had with your reservation. It sounds like you prepaid for a Hot Deal on GolfNow. When this is the case, no money is paid to the pro-shop, so there is no money that is owed back from the course. We ask that you contact GolfNow customer service at 1 (800) 767-3574 for clarity. Please have your confirmation number handy. Thank you for playing Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch. We hope to see you again soon.

Texas Advisor

Get out here ASAP

I venture out to West Denton about 2-3x a year. Today I got to play 27 holes at Robson. I started on the new 9 (North). It is wide open, very playable, great bunkers, and the greens were perfect. Nice addition to the 'old' 18. The South and West (the old 18), were also in perfect shape. Great greens, the tee boxes are better than some courses greens right now, and the fairways were lush. Honestly, I wish they had some rough, but this is a semi-private course, so I understand the need for playability above all else. Get out here to play while you can and the conditions are A++. The only minor drawback was they had raised cups - you could not 'make' a putt. Odd that they do it here and nowhere else... but it was still a great day and met quite a few cool folks.

Commented on 05/14/2020

Love this facility

27 holes of great golf. Generous fairways but can still be a challenge. On course staff/ambassadors could use a little hospitality training but I do love this place and will continue to go back

Commented on 05/12/2020

We must be slow

Played today with a group of four single digit handicap golfers. The guys behind us live one the course and they hit into us multiple times on the green. After all that they called the clubhouse and said we were impeding play. We finished our round in just over 3.5 hours. We won’t come back.

Commented on 05/11/2020

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very seriously at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Wildhorse Golf Club at Robson Ranch.

Great as always

Greens are absolutely perfect right now and the bunkers are very the best I’ve seen all around DFW. Very busy day but was able to finish in about 4 hours flat. For the value, there really isn’t a course around that’s in better shape right now. Still waiting to try the new north course and I’m sure it won’t disappoint. Thanks for the great round!

Commented on 03/16/2020

Hello. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us 5 stars. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed the pristine course conditions. We work hard to provide an exceptional experience, and it's very satisfying to hear from golfers like you who appreciate our efforts. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back @WildhorseRR!

Wildhorse

There are 27 holes at this course, the North, the South, and the West. I played the North and South today. Super nice course, nice folks at the clubhouse and on the course. Do not hesitate to play here. I look forward to playing here again.

Commented on 03/12/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, and we look forward to seeing you again soon. Thanks for choosing @WildhorseRR.

Argyle, Texas