Aerial view of the 17th green from Esplanade at Azario Lakewood Ranch

Type Private/Community
Esplanade at Azario Lakewood Ranch

Year Built 2020
Architect Chris Wilczynski (2020)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Bar, Restaurant

Clubhouse

Excellent

Among the best courses in the area. What makes this somewhat unique is the undulating greens which dictate what side of the fairway to favor as well as the green target. Big fairways and big greens are very forgiving for the average golfer.

Really nice course

Great course nice layout. Some greens have bigs hills and pin placements can be almost unfair. But definitely a great course.

Excellent

Among if not the best course around. It’s all about the greens and approach shots.

Excellent condition

Beautiful new golf course. Fairway is well maintained. GPS system is more advanced. Easy to track the course and ball distance. Enjoyed playing there.

great day

from the moment i got there class A service. staff at the bag drop were very helpful and assisted with everything i needed. golf shop was well stocked and staff was on point with a couple of questions i asked. this is a must play track with a variety of holes, generous landing areas and some greens with mounds and black diamond moguls. practice area is very good. this track done by the designer is better then his previous one at Esplanade.

Our first time there today. Course in top notch shape. Greens nice roll and medium speed. Very beautiful layout. Fair and some challenging holes. Will be back!

BAKER REVIEW

Played in 2:45

Excellent condition

No CPO

Home by 10:30

Doesn't get much better!

Difficulty Extremely Easy

Title

Great course Great shape a little hard to find to new for GOS

John:

Thank you for taking the time to offer a review. We are still working with different outlets in order for them to update their search engines. The Waze App currently is updated and will lead you right to the community entrance. Anyone can also contact the Pro Shoppe at 941-253-2901 and we will be happy to assist with directions.

Love this track

I personally feel that this is the premier course in this area. I have played Lakewood National both course and Esplanade. those courses are in good shape and highly rated, but Azario I place above all the rest. Friendly staff, lady in Pro Shop make you feel welcome as soon as you step in the door. Highly recommend this course!!

Father and son outing

I played this course about two weeks ago and found it to be in pristine condition. Right now I would say this course is the best in the area....even Esplanade. Greens are true and big - with wide fairways. The only drawback is being able to carry snacks or water on course. I'm a diabetic and need to have special snacks other than junk food. I also use Crystal Light drinks and have a diabetic pin to inject myself incase my blood sugar drop to low. However, today I didn't bother to take any of these items on the course. I was allowed to carry a banana. I'm a 28 year Marine Veteran who was exposed to Agent Orange in Vietnam from which my diabetes was contracted. I understand why the course has these regulations, but I think consideration should be given to golfers with underlying medical conditions. If not, that will not keep me from going back. As long as I can have one snack--such as a banana. Staff is friendly and courteous really make you feel welcome. First rate service from cart girl who has a bubbling smile. Love this track and hope to play it many more times in the near future. Also, price is right for this top notch golf course! Keep up the good work on the fairways and greens.

Commented on 08/27/2020

Thank you for your service to our country. We appreciate you taking the time to offer some feedback. Although we do have certain policies and procedures, we also understand that some of our guest encounter medical conditions. We have taken that into consideration and treat each guest on a case by case basis. Please speak to someone in the Pro Shoppe and we will accommodate medical request within reason.

Very wet round

This was my 3rd time out to this course and the first time I've run into where it was cart path only. The course was pretty soaked from an overnight rain the night before. It must drain pretty well because the only really unplayable lies were if were within 8-10 feet of a drain. Tee boxes fairways and rough were all still in excellent shape and bunkers still playable even after all the rain. I wrote about them in my last review but the greens here are not your normal Florida greens. Different tiers and pretty undulating and they've gotten slightly faster every time we've played. Word is come October they'll be able to mow them pretty tight and have them running fast. They've gotten noticeably harder every time we've played and with the wind howling this round it was a little hard to hold some of the greens. I enjoy the challenge, just hope they get some consistency in that aspect so you know what to play for. The staff was friendly as usual, my only knock with this course is how pricey food and beverage is. With the Ice/water machines barely working (not to mention the bugs that come out of the machines in the water sometimes) it seems a little off how much they're charging for drinks and snacks from the cart girl. Still a great track, awesome layout and excellent conditions.

Cullen:

Thank you for being a continued patron of Azario. In the little over 3 months we have been open, the course has been designated cart path only 4 times. That speaks volumes to our staff and drainage capabilities. Unfortunately, 5 inches of rain over 2 days will negate all the hard work and proper drainage. Although the water component of our ice/water machines work just fine, we have found it a challenge to maintain a proper level of ice for our guest. Recognizing that will be a challenge, we have a placed an order for 4 new machines that will correct the ice production challenge we are facing. Our vendor has indicated that we should receive delivery of the new machines by middle of September at the latest.

Thank you again for the kind words regarding our professional staff as they work hard daily to offer an amazing experience.

Best of the 2

I personally think of the 2 Espalanade courses that this is the best. It’s beautiful and the holes are challenging enough. Greens have sped up but still a little slow. Cart girl is efficient and available. Ice and water available which is a plus in the heat. When the amenities open will be great!

Great shape good warm up area

Course is fair and the greens are a challenge. Staff friendly but with Covid 19 should have alternative of having to go inside get a receipt for prepaid rounds. Then handing receipt to starter. Pro shop small and would rather not enter. You have to get close to starter to hand him the receipt, no social distance. And he hands you a scorecard. Would rather not have to get near anyone, no offense just what to take as few chances and maintain social distancing at all times. Cart guys, pro shop wearing mask but starter not wearing, I wore mine.

Lakewood Ranch, Florida