Type Municipal
Dubsdread Golf Course

Year Built 1923
Architect Tom Bendelow (1923) Mike Dasher (2015)

Decent course, very slow pace of play

The course is very well maintained and is challenging. The only issue I have is the pace of play. There was a league in front of me and taking 20 mins a hole. Did not play 2 holes on the back nine because of this.

Excellent Condition

Dubsdread is a wonderful find right in the center of Orlando.
It has 5 tee boxes locations - black - blue - green - yellow - and red that allows you to play the game that suits you.
Even after a downpour the course was still very playable.
It is well managed and maintained and the staff go out of their way to make sure the time you spend with them is a pleasant one.

still good

Course in good shape, greens plugged last week and sanded so were slow and hairy but were expected to that way.

Never ending Aerification

I've been to the driving range at Dubsdread a lot. There has always been something in the way of me playing here (weather, time, overcrowded, etc.). I had been putting off trying it since they recently aerified the greens. I waited 3 weeks and saw the alert was still up this last week so figured they would have to be close to recovered. Checked in at the shop and the attendant said they are 90% recovered but the course still only has 8 inch cups. Wasn't thrilled about the cups but figured if they were 90% recovered I would sink a bunch of puts and pad my score a bit. Turns out they are not 90% recovered. I'd say 50%. This could be due in part to the extreme heat in Florida right now. At any rate, I wasn't happy they over sold the recovery. If I'm paying 25 dollars a person to play, I want me and my partner to enjoy the round, not be surprised by course conditions. The carts are kick butt so this made up for a bit of the experience. I will be back but only after someone else writes a review that the conditions are back to normal.

sluggopup
Commented On 09/02/2019

Glad I am not your playing partner. REally you paid $25 for golf, that is the single cheapest rate I have ever heard of in Florida in 30 years. THey told you they were in recovery mode, how cheap are you? You probably pay $300/month for alcohol, but rate a course low because they have to aerate and the cheapest golf rate ever paid due to that.Heck the 9-hole walking courses cost that much at Orange County and walking course even more at Orange Lake. Do yourself a favor, go to Streamsong Tranquilo, Waldorf Astoria, or Black DIamond Ranch if you want immaculate conditions. Wait, you can't afford it.,

DubsdreadGC
Commented On 08/28/2019

Thank you for the review and feedback. We apologize for the inaccurate information prior to your round. The greens normally take at least 2 weeks under ideal conditions. our goal is to provide an accurate description of the course so our guests can decide on their own if they would like to play. Obviously, we did not meet that goal. Due to the amount of rain, we will need another week or so before they are back to our normal conditions. We hope to see you back soon.

Beautiful course.

This has been one of the most pretty courses I have ever played on. Lots of old oak trees and beautifully maintained fairways and greens. The staff was extremely friendly and took time to give me the rundown as I had never played there before. The carts are OUTSTANDING with GPS and the ability to play music or even watch video. I highly reocmmend this course.

Commented On 08/20/2019

Thank you for your review. Visit us again soon!

A fun local muni

Dubs makes for a fun round of golf if you play it right. I pretty much only pull driver on 1-3 holes ever which makes it a target golf day. There are a few quirky holes, but overall a fun round and worth playing.

Commented On 08/20/2019

Thank you for your kind review. We look forward to hosting you again soon!

DUBS IS GREAT!!!

If you live in the Orlando/Winter Park area and you are looking for a fair, challenging yet fun course this is it. Kevin and the rest of the staff are always accommodating. Always a good time at Dubs!!!

Commented On 08/20/2019

Thank you for your kind review! We think Dubs is pretty great, and we're happy you do too!

Greens rolled great

With all the rain, course was in great shape, greens rolled well and looked great

Commented On 07/30/2019

Thank you so much for your review., Jeff We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Favorite Place for Relaxing Golf

Love playing this course and always feel the atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable. Love the nature on the course even though it's set within a neighborhood. 19th hole is especially nice!

Everything was great

This course was absolutely beautiful. The staff was extremely friendly in the pro shop. This is a course I would go to all the time. It is not only beautiful with magnolia trees all over, but it is challenging enough to enjoy my round for a great price. It has a cool little restaurant on their property as well.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review. We're glad you enjoyed our course and took the time to provide feedback. Hope to see you back again soon.

New favorite course in Orlando

Being new to the area, I've been slowly playing the courses in the area and Dubsdread is the first to check all my boxes for courses I like.

-It's definitely not a high-class, resort course. It's a very normal golf course, and I really appreciated that. Anyone would feel comfortable playing here.

-Staff was incredibly friendly and we had no issues at all.

-Value was incredible, especially with a free bucket of warm-up balls and GPS in the carts.

-The course was in excellent condition, best I've seen in a long time. When asked about the course staff knew exactly how they were and how to play them.

-The course was a fun challenge. Long fairways lead to challenging greens. A very enjoyable course to play.

-The pace of play was decent, we were a slow group behind a slow group but it wasn't bad.

-We didn't partake in any off-course amenities despite many recommendations.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review. We are glad that you enjoyed your time with us at Dubsdread! Hope to see you back again soon.

I am a member

I am a member at Dubsdread and love the course. It makes no sense for Golf Now to send me emails every time I play,. Please stop sending them.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for being a loyal member at Dubsdread. Feel free to ask about the emails in the shop next time you're in. We will do our best to try and help.

Good course

This course is nice and well maintained. Greens roll great and fairways are pretty lush. A little tough because it’s tight but pretty fair if you can hit it straight.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review. Glad you enjoyed your round with us at Dubsdread. Hope to see you back soon.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you so much for your review. Hope to see you back at our course soon!

Great Value

My tee time came with a small bucket of range balls. The first employee I talked to helped me find my way around. Once I warmed up the Starter helped me orient with my group and gave me some tips for the course. They paired me with two guys that had played here before multiple times. I had a great time and got a great price.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thank you for your review and feedback about the customer experience. We've got a great staff and are excited that you were able to experience that. Hope to come visit us again soon.

quircky layout

course is in good shape. Saw a ranger a couple times, but it was 3-4 groups per hole many times...lots o' waiting. greens are great.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review and feedback. We work every day to ensure that pace of play is top of mind for our guests and employees. Hope to see you back again soon.

Always enjoy playing here

Every time I come out here I always try to play this course and have enjoyed it every time. The staff is very friendly the pace of play is great and it’s a nice challenging course.

Commented On 07/10/2019

We're so glad that you have enjoyable experiences with us time and time again. Thanks for your review and comments!

outstanding greens

first time playing this course in a few years...I'll be back! Herman in the pro shop does a top notch pro job of greeting and informing you about the course...greens are fantastic. a few quirky holes, just gotta play it a few times.

Commented On 07/10/2019

Thanks for your review and kind words about our staff and course conditions. We have a great team of employees who work very hard to ensure our guests' experiences are top notch. Thank you!

Casselberry, Florida
Longwood, Florida
Ocoee, Florida
Apopka, Florida

Valid dates: Feb 01, 2020 - Feb 29, 2020
Three days of UNLIMITED golf and Three nights of lodging with FREE golf shoes.