Dubsdread Golf Course

Type Municipal
Dubsdread Golf Course
Scorecard for Dubsdread Golf Course
Black M: 69.7/123 W: 75.4/142 353 413 188 435 137 353 366 514 328 3087 293 343 155 350 396 165 436 413 515 3066 6153
Blue M: 67.8/115 W: 73.5/137 336 375 173 423 125 303 348 493 311 2887 278 319 142 336 384 146 422 398 463 2888 5775
Green M: 65.5/111 W: 71.7/126 313 359 150 383 108 283 327 456 284 2663 257 305 111 318 345 137 344 364 452 2633 5296
Red W: 63.6/110 216 270 133 299 72 236 217 420 225 2088 192 228 89 236 307 109 275 297 363 2096 4184

Year Built 1923
Architect Tom Bendelow (1923) Mike Dasher (2015)

Great day

Course was in great shape. Greens were quick, fairways pretty well groomed. Played from the back which was a nice challenge.

First time we played this course. Tight fairways and lots of water! We enjoyed our round and will be back:)

Reasonable prices. Friendly staff and 4 hour rounds.

Its a short course but how many of us really need more than 6200 yards. Even on crowded days you finish in 4 hours. The more you play it the more you will like the course.

First round of the year was very enjoyable.

My wife and I teamed up with a single for a 1:42 PM tee off and we had the course to ourselves. We played in under four hours!
We played the course about 5 years ago and noticed the conditions were very much improved. Bunkers were excellent and greens were fast and true. The young man in the pro shop couldn't have been nicer and was very helpful.
We will be back.

What a treat!

Don’t let the scorecard fool you. This course is short but TIGHT. Leave your driver in the car and pack an extra long iron. This is an excellent golf course. Greens were flawless. I would most definitely play it again.

Dreadful pace of play

Played this course in the afternoon of 3/7/18. Our foursome ate a quick lunch at the Tap Room next door to the course and headed to the ProShop. Paid our fees and headed to the first tee (played 18 in the morning so no need to hit range balls) we were met by the starter, (i think his name was Mark) he greeted us and gave us some knowledge about the course. He went on to tell us that there was a tournament out on the course but they were playing par and go so we shouldn't be held up AND starting around 3:45 he was going to be out on the course pushing the slow groups. First off, this is not resort golf with wide open fairways and massive greens. It's a shotmaker's course. We officially made it through the first hole before we caught the group in front of us. They were just leaving the second tee when we pulled up (they were on the first green when we teed off on the first hole). We then proceeded to wait on every tee and every approach through the first 9 holes. We waited almost 20 minutes from the time we hit putted out on the 5th hole to hit our tee shots on the 6th. Mark was nowhere to be seen and was definitely not out "pushing the slow groups". We barely finished round with daylight left. I would not recommend this course friends unless they could ensure they are the first group off. I don't know if they need to space out their tee times or just have a ranger out there, but pace of play was horrendous.

2 Thumbs Up

The Tap Room’s food is excellent.
Look forward to playing there again.

Great course and fun to play

This is only the second time I’ve played here, the course is not long but its tight. It’s a great layout with some interesting holes. Greens and fairways were good today but the greens are elevated so if you miss them getting up and down can be a challenge. The staff are all friendly and helpful and there are good practice facility. At the price you wont find a better course around Orlando.Definately worth a visit!

Great experience

The staff in the clubhouse was very helpful and friendly when we checked in. The practice facility was in good condition and there was a grass range, not just turf mats. Starter was helpful and did not make us feel rushed. Course was challenging but not too hard for the average 10-20 handicap player.

Not on my shortlist

I arrived on a Friday, not expecting it to be busy but apparently everybody and their mother decided to come out and play one the same day. Anyway, I checked in and stated I was a first timer and was explained everything from how to get the balls, driving range and how the course plays tight from holes 4-10. The gentleman was very polite and courteous and so was everyone there. I did the driving range for warmups, then headed to practice putting. I was told the greens are pure, so I wanted to be ready. I stopped at the starters first, as I always do, to check in and let him know I was here. He then promptly asked if I was ready to go and to join the group that was about to tee off. The gentlemen I played with were great, helped me around the course a little with knowledge and I enjoyed the day.

The course, I’ve avoided this place like a plague for a while, prices and then the biggest of them all...SHORT. The whole course is short. I think 4 holes are driveable (280-330 yds). Par is 70 with only 2 par 5s. Look, I’m not Rory or DJ, I still pound it 280 though and really only one hole should have that feature. Although 10 is a toughie and you need an absolute perfect shot to hit the green. Which I thought I did with me 3 wood, since hole was playing 273. However, the draw that looked wonderful and was turning towards the dogleg left to the green kept drawing right into the water in front and to the left of green. Yeah, fairway narrows to a bottleneck when you hit 240-250 right to the narrow green. The course does have its challenges, but it’s short and that’s a mood killer for me. Price is about average for this time of year but got a hot deal that helped out a bit. Greens, not THAT pure. They were good, most of the time they broke the way you expected and paid for it dearly if you did t play enough break. There were a few holes where that didn’t occur. May have been misreads but it looked like it would break and went straight.

The cart girl is cute and takes credit cards with a tablet so no taking the CC back to the clubhouse.

I’ll be back for the VGA tournament but I don’t think I’d go back because of the length.

Good conditions

Course is in excellent shape, driving range and putting greens are a plus. Only concern was initially slow pace of play, however it improved after the turn. Great value, hope to return again soon.

Nice golf course!

Accuracy is a must for this place. Many times leave the dog in the bag and play for position. great greens with moderate undulations. If they could possibly pick up the pace of play I would be back more often.

Great experience

Booked this after seeing reviews. Excellent tight layout not long but a great test. Greens were fast and true. Need to keep it straight and think about your tee shots. Condition of fairways and semi was OK for time of year. If We come back to Orlando we will play again. Starter and check in guys were really friendly and helpful.Tap room next door was also a great place to eat after the round.

Dubsdread

The gray lady of Orlando. Do not let the 6000 yd length fool you. The course can jump up a bite you.

Great experience at Dubsdread

Really enjoyed our day at Dubsdread. Started with a friendly welcome in the pro shop and ended on a lovely dinner in the Tap room. 18 interesting holes of golf in between!. A day we will remember fondly.

Will go back again

Course was in very good condition. Lots of fun to play. A little slow pace, But would definitely go back again.

Casselberry, Florida
Casselberry, Florida
Longwood, Florida
Ocoee, Florida
Apopka, Florida

Valid dates: Apr 13, 2019 - Apr 16, 2019
The Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun Stay & Play includes a three night stay at Harrah’s Ak-Chin, two rounds of golf at Ak-Chin Southern Dunes, and the ideal location to catch all of the long drive action during the Ak-Chin Smash in the Sun!