Type Private
Style Traditional

The Club at Crazy Horse Ranch (previously known as Salinas Golf & Country Club) in Monterey boasts a reputation as "the friendliest club in the area." Opened in 1925, it's also known as one of the area's oldest clubs though they are loathe to label themselves as "traditional". The golf course sprawls across rolling countryside dotted with mature trees and the occasional water hazard. Originally opened as a nine-hole layout, the golf course may appear somewhat short at just over 6,200 yards from the back tees but don't underestimate its level of difficulty. It's a tight layout that demands accuracy, especially when navigating the small greens. There is plenty of variety at The Club at Crazy Horse Ranch, you may even find yourself using all the clubs in your bag. The golf course finishes with a stunning view of Salinas Valley from an elevated tee. The fairway slopes downhill to a well protected green guarded on the left with trees and on the right with bunkers.

Year Built 1925
Fairways Rye Grass
Greens Rye Grass
Architect Jack Fleming (1925)

its Crazy not to play Crazy Horse

if you are looking for challenging course!.. .. it has a tight fairway..green is silky smooth.. a true roll!.. oh by the way, cant beat the free coffee,tea,sobe drinks, water and ice all day!

Great day at Crazy Horse

From begging to end it was a great experience. Booked on Golf Now for 3. Asked if we could change to 4....no problem. Asked if we could go just a bit later....no problem. Pace of play less than 4 hours and we took our time. Course was in fantastic condition. Greens were extremely fast but sooo true. I loved it. So much so I entered a team in the Italian Tournament even though I'm not a member. Lastly Matthew in the clubhouse was just about as professional and friendly as anyone we have come across before.

Tony Gregorio

Exelentes greens

Me gusto el campo un poco corto, pero con buen grado de dificultad los greens son chicos pero con exelente velocidad.
Disfrute mucho el campo solo me gustaria aberlo jugado con otra persona gracias.

Tough for beginners

Very small and unforgiving greens, almost impossible to keep your ball from rolling off. Well kept course and plays pretty short. Beat the wind and get out early.

very good course and friendly, professional staff

So SLOW...3 hours on the back 9...ridiculous. Needs someone to...marshall.. have terrible and uneducated golfers to be conscious of others..at least know the rules of pace of play , etc.

Awesome layout of holes. Great course and wicked nice staff. I enjoy playing this course when ever I get the chance

Great find

Super staff, great pace of play, fun layout, small greens set up a nice challenge on both GIR and up and down par saves. Greens tended to be on the hard side prior to aeriation but they were quite smooth. I will be back soon!

I liked it!

Booked through Golf Now Hot Deals. It took much longer to get there due to 101 traffic issues & was a little late. Staff still got me on (thank you) & I finished in less than 3 hours. Course is in great shape & I thought it was an interesting layout. Would be interested in coming back.

Super Golf course

The three of us are all over 65 and play once a week. The Golf course at Crazy Horse is both fun to play and challenging. Fairways are well kept and the greens fast but fair. We played with another 65+ and finished the round in less than 4 hours..Well kept and fair..

Sparklingg it at Crazy Horse

Still can't believe that this place is not crowded.

Very good value in Salinas

Staff very friendly. Course was in very good condition, considering the shape of other Northern California courses in this drought condition. A number of blind shots and uncertainty how to position the drive on various doglegs makes this a challenge for anyone who has not played the course before. Look forward to my second outing now that I have familiarity with the layout.

My only comment was about the high price of well drinks, 2 for $25.

This course has fast greens

Course is in very good condition. The greens were fast especially downhill. The course is hilly with a lot of uphill and downhill shots. It is challenging but fair. Need to hit the ball straight as some of the fairways can be tight.

Great golf...in Salinas?

This course is in great condition, friendly staff, and not overly crowded. We played in 3 1/2 hours and never seemed like we were being pushed.
For the money, I would pickm this course over most of the courses in the Monterey and San Jose area.

San Francisco Advisor

Nice overall course.

Course is in very nice condition from tee to green. Fairways were surprisingly very lush, green and smooth throughout. Greens are on the small side but are in nice shape and roll true. Staff was very professional and friendly.

Track has some fun and challenging elevation changes. I Didn't have a particularly good round but I'll be back for sure!

Crazy Horse golf

Was a great experience. Course was in excellent condition on all 18 holes. (if only I could control my shots) Areas you expect to be taken care of were in fact well maintained.
Weather was excellent and to play here is a good choice.
I will be back

Good value and well worth playing

The course is in great shape and I believe the greens are some of the best in the area.

Hidden Gem

This course was refreshing to play,certainly would play it better the second time knowing were I want to put myself.But none the less,weather was fantastic(a little windy though)pace of play was great (under 4hrs)and course conditions were excellent...greens truly challenging and fast.Wish it wasn't an 1 1/2 drive for me I might come more often,but still a great course to play when you can make it here.There was no cart girl though so you want to get a couple beers at the ninth.

Beware

Very disappointed, called the pro shop Monday evening to inquire about the course and nothing was mentioned to me regarding the greens as well as the tee boxes had been aerated and sanded. Called the pro shop on Tuesday morning to inquire about hitting range balls and nothing was mentioned to me that the grass at the range was out of service (sanded) you had to hit off the worst practice mat I have ever seen (these were not individual golf mats). Went on Golf Now on Tuesday morning and nothing was shown that the course had been aerated so I booked it on Golf Now. Got to the course in the afternoon and boy was I shocked. You think it would be a courtesy to inform players if the greens and tee offs had been aerated and or sanded. You could not use the practice green either. Needless to say I will never be back. At least Salinas Fairways Golf Course updated Golf Now to inform you that they had aerated the greens.!!

Crazy Horse is Crazy Fun

The former Salinas Golf and Country Club has improved under new ownership. Challenging fun layout, with elevation changes is in excellent condition.

Hollister, California