A view of a fairway at Arrowhead Country Club (Erin Campbell).

Type Private

Available Activities

Swimming, Billiards

Available Sports

Tennis

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Most Improved U.S. Golf Courses (2019 #25)

Great 3and a half round of golf!!!

This course seems to improve every time I play it!!I. If they were to lower the price we could play it more often !!!

First time playing here

Fairways are in decent shape and greens are in good condition. Lots of trees great for the shade not so much for my golf game! There are some long PAR 3!! I will be back soon!

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello, Kimm. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very seriously at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Arrowhead Country Club.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Arrowhead Country Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Anonymous

Breath of fresh air

Booked a twosome at 6:38am but had my partner pull out last minute. Paired up with another walk on and together had a marvelous morning. Staff was very friendly and helpful. Course is amazingly green for this time of year yet only a rare soggy spot. Tee boxes and fairways decently groomed and greens in pretty good shape. For Covid season, I was impressed and pace of play had us done in 3 1/2 hours. Definitely recommend with great Senior rate and course conditions.

Fantastic!!

It was my first time playing Arrowhead and I could not have asked for a better playing experience. At least until I lost my 5 iron but then it all got better when I retraced my steps and came upon a young group of players that immediately responded yes when I asked if they had seen a lost club. They truly helped make my experience that much better for me knowing they were going to drop it at the pri shop at end of play.
I'll definitely be playing here again!!!

Excellent course everything was well maintained!
No complaints

Public Place

It had been a long time since I had played here, first time since going Public. The Course is not that bad, just not cared for by some of the young workers, multiple parties all going to the tee box at the same time, no real order or starter to set pace of play. Actually forgot where #1 was I had to ask another guest. Still moved around the course in less than 4 hrs. Where I think they have a huge issue is people not fixing their pitch marks on the green & a very small driving range, nearly got plunked playing on a hole next to the range. The fairways, greens & tee boxes are decent but I don’t really think it should be $45 during the weekday that’s a bit much. Other than that, it’s a decent little place that I can see the new ownership is trying to rebuild after the Members drove it into the ground.

Commented on 07/30/2020

Hi, thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. We will make note and we hope to see you back!

This course could be great, fairways killed it for me.

The historical vibe to this course is nice. Plenty of trees and a challenging layout, and the greens were in excellent shape too. The fairways were like hitting off rocks. Something needs to be done to soften up the fairways. The course would be an amazing course if the fairways were improved.

Pace of Play

I've just recently discovered that this used to be a private course and I must say that it had a private club feel. I played a couple of times already and the pace of play for a Sunday morning is really slow. I think it's because of the difficulty offered by the course. For the weekend golfer, the distance for the blue and white tees are just too long. Too long for those with less than a 200 yard drive on the whites and too narrow for those trying to play the blues. Keyword, "trying". In the interest of faster pace of play, I think the tees should be moved forward. Specially on the par 3s, where a 190 and 200 yard drives are good enough for the egos of the Blue pretenders. Maybe someday you'll consider 6,000 yards for white and 6400 for Blue. (typical for a lot of public courses), then everyone's egos will be satisfied and those of us waiting on the tee box and fairways will be happier. Otherwise, it's a wonderful wonderful course. I'd recommend it to anyone.

One Mans Opinion

Saw negative feedback about unplayable bunkers and overall bad course conditions from folks who played the previous week. Of course this made me a little worried about my upcoming round. Fortunately I found the course to be in good condition. I only saw two bunkers with weeds (short) in them ...one of which I had to play out of. My round was early morning so can’t really comment on pace of play. Overall the course was in decent shape, though I can’t quite put my finger on it and I’m still trying to decide if it’s worth anything more than $45 with a cart.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Good course, disrespectful players

Enjoyed the course, the greens were in good condition but a little slow. However, it appeared that nobody ever repaired a ball mark on the green. Additionally, when the pro shop closed at 5:00 the kids from the pro shop joined the 4-some in front of us. Not only were they slow as a 6 some, with us constantly waiting, they often hit 2 or more balls off of the tee, spending forever collecting their balls around the fairway.

I would play again, but maybe on week days to avoid the slow disrespectful players.

Commented on 07/21/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and will use your comments as guidance for making the necessary improvements. Thank you for playing Arrowhead Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 07/20/2020

Hello, we appreciate the review. You rated us 3-stars which means there is room to improve on your recent experience at Arrowhead Country Club. Let us know, in the comments, how and where you would like to see changes from the course. Thanks for the feedback!

Like everyone says sand traps...

Greens were good, fairways have plenty of grass (even if it is infested with grab grass) as everyone says sand traps are weed pits, come on a weed wacker and a rack two workers in one day could clean them all out...or hit the weeds with round-up in this heat one day they will be dead , then weed wack and rack end of problem, still lousy sand or mud traps but then playable. Carts are first come first serve so after about 9 or 10 you may Have to walk???

Great Course for Walking - In very good condition

I play Arrowhead at least 3-4 times a year and last round was excellent - We were first off walking twosome and completed our round in around 3 hours! - It's one of my favorite walking courses and I found conditions to be very good - bunkers have now been raked and the greens, tees and fairways are in good to very good condition - I especially find that the fairways are in much better shape than other courses nearby. I enjoy the Billy Bell Layout very much.

It's a little more expensive than some of the other nearby courses but I think it's well worth it

Will be back again soon!

Terrible pace of play

Booked online and was given the wrong start time. This course needs a marshal or maybe even Marshall’s. For 55$ a person I expected the course to be in better shape. Let’s start with the tee boxes in good shape, next fairways were decent but outside of that was terrible no second cut. Bunkers were garbage weeds and mud. Last the greens were great best part of the course. We left after just 9 holes that took my son and I 2 hours and 46 mins. Un real we will not return to this course I suggest staying away until things are taken more serious. Like letting hackers take 25 mins on a par 3.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hello, thank you for reviewing the course. We would like to offer our apologizes for the delay of play during your round. Please know that this is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. With an uncharacteristically full day, we work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and allow our guest the chance to complete their rounds. With that in mind, we are working to best control pace and allow everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve and will use your comments as guidance in doing so. For further resolution in this matter, please reach out to our team in the pro shop. Thank you for playing Arrowhead Country Club. We hear from you soon!

Course

I understand with the Covid 19 that bunker rakes have been removed. However I would still think the bunkers would be raked by groundskeeper. Most of the bunkers have grass now growing in them. Overall course is in decent shape. Rough is a little overgrown but still manageable.

Commented on 07/14/2020

Hi, madsemprfi! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Great Course Close to Home

We will definitely return to this course but golfers should be required to follow golf etiquette. My dad and I really enjoyed playing at this course the first time so we came again for the second time in one week. We were the second group on the course and were done with the front nine in an hour and 15 minutes. As we were finishing hole number 12 we noticed a twosome tee off on 13 that were not in front of us before. We had to wait for them so we went to talk to them to let them know they can't "cut" in front of us. They watched us until we finished the hole, staring us down then stood right behind us on hole 13 as we teed off. We were looking for my ball when I heard one of the men yelled at us so we drove back to the golf shop and told them about the incident. The course employee was there very quickly and spoke to the gentlemen who accused us of picking up his ball. The employee handled it very well even though the one man continued to speak very rudely to him. We continued to play and didn't have any issues with the twosome again. The course employee came to check in on us as we were finishing up the 18th hole which was very much appreciated. The first time we played a single player appeared from no where and teed off in front of us as well but he was very understanding and waited for us to play the hole before he played.

San Bernardino, California