Slope N/A
Rating N/A

Situated within the woodlands of the Sierra Nevada Mountains, Tahoe Paradise Golf Course has a hilly landscape covered with towering pines. This short, tight golf course is filled with challenges including tight, narrow fairways and smooth, fast greens. The fairways are also lined with trees and thick cuts of rough and some of there is an occasional sloped green. Tahoe Paradise Golf Course's par-4 holes are said to have severe dogleg fairways and water hazards come into play on two holes. The picturesque scenery provides a relaxing break from the challenges of the golf course. One of the most scenic holes is the par-3 14th with a spectacular view of Mt. Tallac and the surrounding peaks.

Tahoe Paradise Golf Course

Year Built 1960
Golf Season May 01 - October 15
Architect Fred R. Blanchard

Snacks

Worst course in Tahoe

Right up there with the worst I have played. Looks like a crappy ski run during the winter.

Commented on 08/28/2019

Hi Christophe. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We see you rated the course 1-star and apologize for the current conditions as this is not the standard we strive to achieve. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Tahoe Paradise Golf Course.

Unfair Greens and terrible cart paths

Simply put, the Greens are ridiculous. They are all sloped so that the ball, even hit properly, runs away from the hole. They do not lead to an enjoyable round.
Most of the cart paths are dirt, rock, and mud.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hello, u940330943. Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. We see you rated the course 2-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve for your next visit. We take customer feedback very serious at our course. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop and tell us what's on your mind. Thank you for playing Tahoe Paradise Golf Course.

Nice short course

I love this course because I do not hit the ball far. The course requires accurate shots and they have very good challenging greens. Great deal using the Hot Deal. I play this course when I go to Tahoe.

Deceptively tough executive

First, I played twice using coupons but I still felt that the course was overpriced for a short course. Driving range is nets to drive into. There’s a restaurant, but no one seems to be working there, so I feel you can’t count on good food service.

People were friendly. Course is harder than it looks due to all the elevation changes and some narrow fairway patches. Greens are fast- I don’t if is was my poor putting at times, but it was very hard to hit anything close. Greens seemed too hard to hold shots, so with the tilts and hills, balls tended to roll off a bit. I would go back again in an attempt to tame this beast, so overall I liked it. Played twice and both rounds took 4 hours to complete, with minimal waiting for other groups.

Nice for quick game

A bit slow play but challenging and narrow and fun just the same.

Commented on 08/29/2019

Hello. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give Tahoe Paradise Golf Course another try in the near future.

My Grandnephew 7 yrs old 1st Round

I had a group of 5 including my 7 year old grandnephew. The staff was welcoming and allowed us to tee off as a five-som. This was little Sam's 1st round of golf and he is now hooked. We gave him a handicap of 62 the difference between our ages not that it mattered and by the par 4 18th hole he reached the green in a legit five. I always knew you could choose to either walk or ride, but little Sam did neither he RAN between strokes & holes all the way! So much fun. As other golf groups stacked up behind us we let them play through. Every one of them were supportive, kind & understanding. Friendly people play this course.

I would definitely come back!

Everyone at the pro shop was extremely friendly. The fairway conditions were better than most Tahoe courses. Just make sure to play conservatively because the courses are very narrow!

The course was small and very tight. It was an enjoyable day. The price was very reasonable, good value for the price paid.

Pathetic course and staff

Ridiculous amount of money —ripoff basically to play a par 3 course. The staff inside was horribly rude, inconsiderate and should be employed elsewhere where they do not have to communicate with human beings or animals!!! Not only to you pay an absurd amount to play this delapidated course, you then are asked to pay $18 a person per cart($36) just to ride in a cart in addition to the amount to play!! The guy at the counter yet with a beard is despicable and the so called manager Dawn simply needs to find work elsewhere if there’s any hope for this poor course to succeed!! Do not waste your money here!!!

Worst customer service ever not worth the money

We booked this course on golf now to try out a new course, the staff especially John was completely rude and disrespectful. We will never play there again or recommend it to anyone else. Thank goodness we booked through golf now with a cheaper rate, not worth the money.

Fun Day

Have played this course 6-7 times over vacation times in Tahoe. The greens are in good shape and tuff to get a read on. It is a shorter course so easier than some, but also a challenge for any golf level. Fun day for a family.

We were able to go off cart path as late rain and snow this year and other close by courses we played were cart path only. This will change in a few weeks as most are still drying out from late spring.

Staff Made the Experience Miserable

This year, Tahoe Paradise has undertaken a policy that can best be expressed as "Super Cheapness". I'm not referring to their greens fees. I referring to the fact that, even on an EMPTY course, they won't let you start ahead of your tee time, because there MIGHT be another player who books that time, and the Course can ensure that you share a cart. God forbid two players use two carts.
In my case, I was told that, even though I booked a cart, I would have to wait until my tee time, until it's 100% certain nobody else booked for that time. Otherwise, I could start early, if I walked the course, or paid a SECOND CART FEE. Nobody else booked that time (shocker!). The course was virtually empty this day.
But that wasn't even the worst of it -- AFTER I finished playing the front 9, I was told I'd have to WALK THE BACK NINE if I wanted to play it, or I could replay the front nine (due to mud on a couple of holes, staff told me). Though I didn't come prepared to walk, as I had *booked a cart*, that didn't even matter, as they didn't have and serviceable pullcarts. But, HECK, if they had told me this at the outset, I'd have driven home, retrieved my own pullcart, played all 18 holes, and not had wait an hour until my official tee time.
This was a disaster -- and it was 100% due to the staff.

South Lake Tahoe, California