Sea Palms Golf Club & Resort

Year Built 1967
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect George Cobb (1967)

Playing Multiple Courses 17

Sea Palms

Hot deal so the price was right. We played a replay so as there was no one on the course. The layout was ok but with the new greens, it was difficult in approaches and chips. They were true and fast but some pins were in impossible spots with new greens. Overall a good experience. Staff was great and dinner at the club was great.

New Sea Palms

I have played this course many times over the last six years but this was the first since it reopened after renovation. Although course layout was not changed, significant improvements were made. The greens were in excellent condition and lightening fast (I like fast). Most of the broken concrete cart paths have been removed and replaced with compacted aggregate of clay and course sand. The mushy areas in fairways have been replaced with waste areas of compacted sand aggregate. Much jungle-like under growth has been removed. Although I like the course, I don't play it often because it is so expensive.

Very nice update

I have played the course several times over the past few years and was not a big fan. They did a bug renovation over the summer and today was my first time playing it after the renovations. The clubhouse was expanded and looked very nice. The gilf carts were new with upgraded brown stitched seats, very comfortable, but was disappointed they did not have GPS. Now for the course. Love the updates, made the course for appeasing to the eyes, fairways were in great condition and tight. The greens were the biggest surprise, very firm, about a 12 on the stimpmeter, rolled really nice and true. I went from not a fan to a fan of the course, definately will be going back.

Fivesome slowed play

Played here yesterday and had a great experience. Today was not so good. My round was ruined by a group of 5 loud, drunk golfers that slowed play for 3 holes before they asked us to play thru. They then stood in the fairway and walked back and forth in our landing zone while we were hitting our tee shots. When I reported them, the man behind the counter did not send a Marshall out to investigate. My round was ruined and I feel like my money was wasted.

Improved

Love the changes they made to this course and the conditions were great. Greens were perfect. It’s a little pricey but you’re paying for the convenience on the island.

Improved

It has been about 3 years since we played here. The course is much improved from what it was then. If you haven’t played since the improvements were made, you should give it a try.

Great shape

The course is in great shape and the greens are perfect. The change on 18 is a nice addition.

New renovations

New renovations have made the conditions much better. Rack rate of $95 is way to much for the course. Greens excellent.

Impressive upgrade

I have played this course several times through the years. Sea Palms has recently gone through a renovation and all I can say is WOW. The course has never looked or played better. They are still working on some of the amenities ( they are in a temporary pro shop, restaurant and restrooms are accessible from a maze like entrance near the pool) but the overall feel of the place is much improved. Can’t wait to play this course again.

Not your Grandfather’s Sea Palms

Just reopened after a reseeding and siding of all fairways, tee boxes and green. Several holes reconstructed including the finishing number 18.course conditions are now excellent

Cart paths and architectural features of Coquina provide a new ambiance to to course.

The new unique Members practice facility is spectacular . The ‘Miracle” is designed to improve your short game. A quiet and challenging asset to Sea Palms is a great alternative to a full golf round when time is pressing.

Hospitality is on display and underway with the resort amenities of pools, and restaurant, pro shop professionals and staff. Inviting menus and quality kitchen and service staff make for a quite pleasant experience .

The mid island convenience is a big plus

After a summer long project or renovation, there’s a lot to look forward to as each of the amenities reached completion. The spectacular Marsh View guest accommodations are near completion

Well worth considering membership as a local or snowbird and an enjoyable stay is you are in the area on business or vacation..

Check the web site for photos and videos of the new Sea Palms Resort

Love the layout. Course is about to have a major renovation so it’s notnin the best shape but they were very clear about that. Can’t wait to see the renovation.

Commented on 04/22/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Sea Palm Golf & tennis Resort, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will enjoy the improvements once complete. Thank you for recommending our golf course and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course Renovation

Sea Palms has killed all the grass on the fairways. They are closing the course on May 1st for renovation. I was very disappointed that Golf Now did not have a notice about the course. We were told that the course notified GolfNow several times..

Commented on 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Sea Palms Golf & Tennis Resort. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course and we hope to see you again soon.

Perfect greens and sand

Very enjoyable course. A little tight. Greens are perfect. Consistent roll . A little fast but not too fast. Traps are impeccable. White consistent sand. Early in the season but fairways were fine. Challenging but fair. I highly recommend you play a round here!

Commented on 03/22/2019

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Sea Palms Golf & Tennis Resort.

Bad communication and dead fairways

We arrived for our 2:08 tee time to find out that the fairways had recently been sprayed and were being killed off for upcoming renovations. Prior to arriving we were not contacted at all by either Sea Palms or GolfNow to be made aware of course conditions. I had 3 friends with me who were visiting all the way from Philadelphia. As it was, this was the last afternoon of their trip and we were left with no other options because it was too late to go to another course. We were given a whopping $8 discount on our round and heavily undersold on how bad the course conditions actually were by staff. On top of that, two of the guys rented clubs and were charged $40 per set for 10 year old Wilson’s that looked as if they were just trash picked and only included about 7-8 clubs per set. As soon as we got out there we were highly disappointed. The fairways were basically down to just dirt. The greens were in decent shape but was told that they would soon be overgrown. All of this could’ve been avoided by a little communication prior to the round by either Sea Palms or GolfNow. The course could also be a little more accommodating with the rentals as well, especially for that price. I had played the course once a few months prior and enjoyed the layout but was greatly disappointed this time.l around. I understand that with a change of ownership and renovations coming that these steps are necessary but communicating this to your customers is very important. I don’t recommend anyone book here in the near future because it appears as though they are just trying to squeeze every last penny out that they can before they close down completely for renovations.

Won't be disappointed

The Tees, Fairways & Greens are in great condition. The Greens does run fast. Course is challenging. You will not be disappointed playing this course.

Nice Course

Nice layout. Greens were fast and well maintained.

Loved the course but if. You get behind the women that play on Tuesday your in for a very slow round

Great lay out

Good challenging course. Was not expecting to play today heavy rains night before. So of course cart path only. But considering all the rain the course drained well.

Sea Island, Georgia
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Brunswick, Georgia
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
Jekyll Island, Georgia
Brunswick, Georgia

Valid dates: Jan 21, 2020 - Jan 31, 2022
Stay at Solitude Inn on the Green and play one of the best course in SE Michigan, Solitude Links Golf Course. Learn more.