View of the 18th hole from Sea Palms Golf & Tennis Resort

Sea Palms Golf Club & Resort

Year Built 1967
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect George Cobb (1967)

Bar, Restaurant

Banquet Facilities

Available Sports

Tennis

Playing Multiple Courses 17

Playable course

Played here for the first time after a hot deal came up while visiting. Conditions were good for this time of year and seemed well maintained. Greens are good sized and fairways playable. It’s a pretty straight Forward layout, nothing dramatic. It’s not a long course and driving range wasn’t available on Monday when we played... and a couple miles away from the clubhouse / starting hole.

Nice course, tee times too close

The course was beautiful and the breeze from the ocean made the heat bearable. However, we were constantly waiting for the group in front of us, who was waiting on the group in front of them. I don't expect to have 'privacy' every hole, but I get very nervous with people watching me and it was at every hole.

Very good, but not great.

Positives first: Nice clubhouse, and very friendly staff. Nice golf carts. Greens were super, large, and very fast, ball rolled perfect, cups cut sharp, and painted. The par 3s were long, and looked pretty good. The par 5s were challenging, and the par 4s were a bit boring, but fairways were wide, and you had room to drive the ball without feeling to pinched. Water on the course, and rakes in the bunkers were a plus. No real negatives, just a bit boring.

Start & Finish..... what's in between?

Range facilities are quite a way from the pro shop..... and the cost is exorbitant at $10 for a S/M bucket, topped off by having to use a credit/debit card because the cash wouldn't load. Conditions were great, fairways and greens nicely mown and the rough not too penal either. I believe the overall layout/design was good, not great as nothing stood out as exceptional or rememberable to me. For a resort style course the par 3s seemed a bit long, with #17 nearing 200 yds but the green size offset distance somewhat. I'd play again, I'd recommend others playing as well.
I'm not one who haggles over prices at resort venues normally so I'll leave the $100+ fee decision up to you as to whether or not it had "value for the money" during a weekday. The cart staff were nice welcoming gentlemen and I think I saw the beverage cart twice. The pro shop (2 guys) weren't going out of their way for anything and barely had an interest in the clientele, no engagement at all unless you talk to them first. A simple recommendation: ask if one has played there before and if not offer (for sale?) a routing book with yardages listed. There are some areas you should avoid that aren't very obvious first time around.

Beautiful challenging course.

Very well groomed course. Large greens with challenging pin placements. The course requires strategy not long drives to score. Thumbs up!

Went as planned.

Had a great time and enjoy round with two other Golf Now members.

Good public option

I played here for the first time and liked it overall. The greens and fairways are above average but I didn’t really like the layout of the last 3 holes. A couple holes have a 90* dogleg with a longer 2nd shot than the tee shot. Overall a good day on a nice course.

Excellent Shape but that’s about it

First time playing here and was excited to play. I had a 7:40 tee time and when I arrived a very nice young man loaded my bag and guided us to the pro shop. My wife didn’t play and just road with me, (which they didn’t charge me for which was nice) I was paired with a Another two-some.

Course conditions - The course was in very good shape. Tee Boxes were great and fairways nice to hit off of.

The Greens - The greens rolled nice and were receptive. The green speed was quick, not fast but not slow. However two greens were very slow compared to the rest.

Layout - The layout was pretty basic. The course just winds its way through a community and had very little water. There just wasn’t any memorable holes on the course.

For $95 a round, I was not impressed with somethings. They didn’t have coffee in the shop in the morning, they didn’t offer any thing extra like a lot of clubs at this price point do (like bottles of water on the cart (especially when no water is on the course)or range balls), the beverage cart girl drove past our group 3 times and never made eye contact and just drove right past us, a maintenance staff member raking bunkers just walked out in front of the green as we were hitting our approach shots, and when we arrived back in after our round no one was around to greet us or tell us were to leave the carts or help us unload.

I am Not trying to be picky and understand COVID has affected golf clubs operations but I have played a lot of golf and clubs at this level, even now with COVID, you usually are treated to a better experience.

Again the course was in very good shape so my hats off to the super. If you like to just throw your sticks on a cart and go and play a quick round this may be the place for you. For me though, at $95, I expected a little more.

Pricey

I enjoyed it the leather seats were nice on the golf carts. So expensive though. Staff was first class very welcoming as I am new to the area

Great day. Great service. Course was in great shape. Great day of golf.

Job well done

Sea Palms looks great after the upgrades. The cart paths are strange in places...fine pea gravel and a bit haphazard. The putting greens were excellent. Overall a great experience but would have been less so at the $95 full rate for a round. Great and helpful staff.

People here are the most friendly

The bag crew out front, Mike and Ken , are very helpful and friendly. They even described the course conditions and the best way to score well. The clubhouse Is excellent, first class amenities and food, snacks. You’ll feel like it’s your own private club! Overall, the course is in excellent condition and when the fairways grow a little more grass, it will be the best semi-private club on the island. Good value for the money.

Great staff and good challenge golf course

Staff very friendly. The course was in good shape and enjoy the layout.

A very good time

The course was in great shape. Also the staff was very friendly and took very good care of me. The greens were very fast and overall was a lot of fun

So many improvements !

In a day and age where courses are cutting back on everything , this ownership group has doubled down. They have made improvements that are easy to see, but also many that are more difficult to detect, but show their long term commitment. I have been visiting this area for 35 years. Hadn't been here for two years and my socks where knocked off.

Great course conditions, club house improvements and a wonderful staff are easy to see. Also design features that are implemented to help speed of play and player enjoyment. Kudos to this group.

Cloudy day on a clear course

This is the first time I have played this course since it was newly renovated. The facilities and the carts are impressive. It is still a long course, but it is now wide, because the rough has been neatly cut back. For now it’s easy to find your balls wherever they land. On the short fairways they get a good roll. The greens are beautiful, but will probably need some time to have mature roots. The tees are spread out and the whites are moved back somewhat. The par 3s are challenging and the bunkers have soft sand. One frustration was the pace of play. The other on a daily basis is the much higher prices Sea Palms is charging. It’s a very nice course now, however, and I am sure golfers will enjoy playing there.

Sea Island, Georgia