1.7

Sea Palms Golf Club & Resort

Year Built 1967
Fairways Bermuda grass
Greens Bermuda grass
Architect George Cobb (1967)

Playing Multiple Courses 17

Love the layout. Course is about to have a major renovation so it’s notnin the best shape but they were very clear about that. Can’t wait to see the renovation.

Commented On 04/22/2019

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Sea Palm Golf & tennis Resort, and for the 3 stars. We hope that you enjoyed playing our golf course and that you will enjoy the improvements once complete. Thank you for recommending our golf course and we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course Renovation

Sea Palms has killed all the grass on the fairways. They are closing the course on May 1st for renovation. I was very disappointed that Golf Now did not have a notice about the course. We were told that the course notified GolfNow several times..

Commented On 04/29/2019

Hello, thank you for reviewing our course, Sea Palms Golf & Tennis Resort. We're very sorry to hear you may have had a poor customer experience with us recently, and we appreciate your feedback so we may work on improvements for your future experience with us. We apologize for any miscommunication or misunderstanding in regards to your reservation and hope we can better clarify in the future if necessary. Thank you for choosing our course and we hope to see you again soon.

Perfect greens and sand

Very enjoyable course. A little tight. Greens are perfect. Consistent roll . A little fast but not too fast. Traps are impeccable. White consistent sand. Early in the season but fairways were fine. Challenging but fair. I highly recommend you play a round here!

Commented On 03/22/2019

Hi. Thank you for taking the time to review the course. We take single star feedback very serious at our course. You are welcome to comment further or reach out to our team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Sea Palms Golf & Tennis Resort.

Bad communication and dead fairways

We arrived for our 2:08 tee time to find out that the fairways had recently been sprayed and were being killed off for upcoming renovations. Prior to arriving we were not contacted at all by either Sea Palms or GolfNow to be made aware of course conditions. I had 3 friends with me who were visiting all the way from Philadelphia. As it was, this was the last afternoon of their trip and we were left with no other options because it was too late to go to another course. We were given a whopping $8 discount on our round and heavily undersold on how bad the course conditions actually were by staff. On top of that, two of the guys rented clubs and were charged $40 per set for 10 year old Wilson’s that looked as if they were just trash picked and only included about 7-8 clubs per set. As soon as we got out there we were highly disappointed. The fairways were basically down to just dirt. The greens were in decent shape but was told that they would soon be overgrown. All of this could’ve been avoided by a little communication prior to the round by either Sea Palms or GolfNow. The course could also be a little more accommodating with the rentals as well, especially for that price. I had played the course once a few months prior and enjoyed the layout but was greatly disappointed this time.l around. I understand that with a change of ownership and renovations coming that these steps are necessary but communicating this to your customers is very important. I don’t recommend anyone book here in the near future because it appears as though they are just trying to squeeze every last penny out that they can before they close down completely for renovations.

Won't be disappointed

The Tees, Fairways & Greens are in great condition. The Greens does run fast. Course is challenging. You will not be disappointed playing this course.

Nice Course

Nice layout. Greens were fast and well maintained.

Loved the course but if. You get behind the women that play on Tuesday your in for a very slow round

Great lay out

Good challenging course. Was not expecting to play today heavy rains night before. So of course cart path only. But considering all the rain the course drained well.

Great layout

Tough layout but fair. The course is in great condition and the staff are very helpful and friendly.

Great Day at Sea Palms

My Buddy and I made a last minute tee time through Golf Now and we got a great rate. The course was in excellent shape, especially the greens. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The driving range could be better but it wasn't that bad. We had a great day. Can't wait to play it again.

Great Day For Golf

I arrived early and was immediately paired with another gentleman named Allen. Luckily our skill levels were the same and we had a great round of golf. The course was in good shape and the pace of play for a Saturday was outstanding. There wasn't a cart person going around with refreshments, but it was not too hot. Overall, I would play this course again.

Nice shape

Stayed a block from the clubhouse. Good layout, nice consistent greens. Course was not busy so the round was very relaxing. Would play here anytime.

The course was in great shape. The greens were fast but accurate. Loved the round.

Worth a visit

Greens in good shape. Fairways a bit dried out. Layout is not special just a nice course to play. Not especially difficult so slow play is not acceptable.

A good test of golf

Friendly staff. Greens were excellent, very true and rolled well. You hit every shot you have in your armery. It is fair, problems are visible and is a test for golfers of all abilities.

Good course

Loved the course but the talent of the golfer stunk lol

Good course for Hot Deal $

Course is in great condition however greens were mowed and grass clippings all over them. Good job on cleaning up the hazards.

Smith

Course in very good condition. Layout is rather bland, has not been updated in 20 years. Very nice greens. Traps not raked. Fairways in good condition. Price was right, and would play it again.

Nice course for the value.

Good course for the value. Some of the people who play there are not too golf friendly, while others are. I am referring to letting faster players through. Other than some foursome being rude, I really enjoy the course, the greens, the tees and the sand traps. At my home course if a hole is open, we let faster players through. This should be a rule at all courses. Of course a ranger would help the situation. I have never seen a ranger on the course.

Sea Island, Georgia