A view of a green at Cherry Hills Golf Course

Style Parkland

Previously known as California Golf & Art Country Club.

Cherry Hills Golf Course

Year Built 1963
Architect Milton Coggins

Meeting Facilities, Banquet Facilities

Plays Long 9

Call an exterminator

We lost numerous golf balls that were hit on to the fairway because of the gopher holes throughout the entire golf course. Paid 45 dollars on a Sunday morning and was not worth 20.

Commented on 08/03/2020

Hi, we appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Cherry Hills Golf Course. We hope you'll give us another try in the future.

Average greens, nice fairways, could be more grass in the rough.

Pleasantly Surprised

After reading a few bad reviews I was reluctant to play here, but my buddy and I teed it up to give it a shot. We both had fun, we played the blues and hit driver a lot, fairways are a bit hairy but there is grass and the greens were better than expected. There are a few complaints about the rough being unplayable but we were in it a few times and managed to play out of it relatively easily. It is mostly dry and weedy, but not deep rough...if they wanted to "desert-scape" the rough areas it would give this course a really nice feel. I'll play it again, but probably won't spend 40 again to do it.

Commented on 07/30/2020

We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Cherry Hills Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Old school courses needs TLC

I love old school courses for the design factors, vision for play and play ability...... and this is an OSC and has those features but.... it needs some serious TLC.

This course needs more attention to its maintenance

I played from the Blue Tees which makes it more challenging. The course could use a lot more attention to its maintenance. If you don't hit the fairways you can have a difficult time finding your ball. I typically found one or two other balls. Just not mine.

For what I paid and not playing golf for 45 days I thoroughly enjoyed myself. Pace of play was great.
Four hour round. And the guys I was put in to play with were fantastic. Frank, Ponche and Joe. Great guys.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par. We have projects ongoing to recover the fairways and greens. The current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing California Golf & Art Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Do Not Play Here... Ever

This place is terrible I have no idea how it has a decent rating. Went out with some buddies and finally got out after this 2 month lockdown. Only played it because my buddy had a coupon for it. Ridiculous that it costs up to $30 dollars. The greens were the best part of this place but getting to them was a journey. Fairway width for almost every hole is only about 30 yards. Anything left or right of the fairway is literally dirt, weeds and gopher holes. If you're trying to picture what I'm talking about just try to visualize hitting a golf shot off the side of a freeway shoulder. Lost about 5 balls within the first 3 holes even though my drives ended up 10 feet right of the fairway. You basically have to chip it in the fairway to even attempt a second shot. Also, there was people who live near the course literally on some of the holes spraying the plants near their backyard. I almost killed a lady because she was walking around on the left side of the fairway while I hit my drive. Like I said before, the greens were spectacular but it seems as if they spent all their budget on them. I would not play this course unless you hit your driver about 150 yards and dead straight or else you're going to be shopping for new golf balls directly after your round ends.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the poor experience you had during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are working to get everything up to par as the current condition is by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game, and we will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing California Golf & Art Country Club. We hope to see you again soon.

Good quick round

Course was in decent shape, the rough was rough you miss the fairway and might not find your ball and if you find it the grass is really high. Greens ran really well and true. Pace of play was great right at 4hrs.

Commented on 05/04/2020

Hello, Todd. Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars. We hope you'll bear with us through this transition and give us another try in the near future. Thanks for choosing California Golf & Art Country Club.

My golf cart had battery problem. Hope they are all fully charge for the next day.

Commented on 05/01/2020

Hi, thank you for providing us with feedback of your round. We apologize for the cart issues you experienced. We are making sure that all golf carts are fully charged and ready for your next round with us. We look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Commented on 05/01/2020

Hello, thank you for taking the time to review the course. Please tell us more. The way you have provided your feedback does not offer us any room to grow or change. We encourage you to update your review to fit a more constructive form so we can use your experience to make changes. Thanks for playing California Golf & Art Country Club.

Nice course.

Rough is too tough. But really nice course. it is wonderful.

No Bueno

Very uncordinated. There is no point in scheduling tee time if they will be taking walk ups. They werent even asking what time and had to wait for a cart. We started playing an hour after our tee time because of the wait and when my buddy and I got a cart, we had to wait even more for another couple to get their cart because they wanted to partner us with them. And you could not distinguish the fairways very much either. The only upside was they took time to sanitize their carts and gave us a small basket to drive balls while we waited.

Commented on 05/01/2020

Hello, Rangulo. Thanks for taking the time to review us. We see that you rated the course 1-star and take single star feedback very seriously at our course. We always appreciate the feedback regarding our golfer round with us. Please reach out to our team in the golf shop for further resolution in this matter. Thank you for playing California Golf & Art Country Club. We look forward to hearing back from you!

Poor Conditions - No Maintanence

Poor course conditions. Grass is too high, even on the fairway. I lost 2 sleeves of balls due to lack of maintanence. The staff was nice enough to give me a few free balls for the inconvenience but those were lost as well. Took almost 3 hours to finish the front 9. No marshal to keep pace of play. They charge way too much to let the course look and play the way it does. Did not finish 18. Frustrating. I felt ripped off.

Never again

I will never play here again. Nothing is mowed properly, greens are slow,. Unfortunately I will not play here again. Definitely not worth 40

Commented on 04/27/2020

Meh

Maybe it was because it was closed but the fairways were great and so where the greens but if you didn’t hit your ball on the fairway good luck fining it. Thick dense weeds and cut grass laying all over the place.

Commented on 05/13/2020

Hi, michaelcp! Thank you so much for leaving us with your feedback. We value our customer experience, so your review is important to us. Please know the current conditions are by no means the standard we strive to achieve. We will continue to work towards a 5-star experience and we hope to see you back!

Average course

Good, if you play in the fairways. If not, good luck finding your golf balls, due to over gowen weeds.

Commented on 03/23/2020

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We are sorry to see that your overall experience was anything short of 5 stars, but we hope you'll give California Golf & Art Country Club another try in the near future.

Better then it looks....

Course has had so many ups and downs and now it is on the up side...course plays long from all the tee box's, fairways offer very little roll right now, to high and soft. Many holes are just straight tee to green...and as most note you miss fairway and you may need another ball...found 10 balls just looking for my miss hits today alone...you play the back tees your talking 7,000 yards, even the white tees are at 6,300 yards, anyone hitting less then 240 is going to get practice hitting some longer then usual clubs into the greens.....sand is hit and miss, and ones with sand it is very heavy sand. Because there is so much vacant land bordering the fairways the course can look like it needs attention...but the playing areas are for the most part very playable....again be prepared to be hitting some longer clubs on your second shots....and reaching par 5's in two maybe for the single handicap. .

GREAT Course for High handicappers like me.

Was able to keep it in the middle of the fairway, chipped and was on the perfect greens. Well worth the drive and the very affordable tee times. The greens were manicured for some nice par putts.

Menifee, California