The Legends Golf Club
Silver 72 5457 yards 66.7 115
Scorecard for The Legends Golf Club
Gold M: 71.9/130 345 409 245 478 529 182 381 318 359 3246 365 194 400 591 358 199 424 341 516 3388 6634
Blue M: 70.2/125 327 395 181 462 482 167 375 301 341 3031 345 176 377 555 341 185 350 328 498 3155 6186
White M: 68.7/122 W: 74.2/127 312 382 148 448 468 148 360 283 326 2875 331 159 357 516 331 167 332 305 481 2979 5854
Red W: 70.0/125 274 353 126 401 452 121 312 253 271 2563 308 142 298 458 264 144 268 283 397 2562 5125

Year Built 1995
Architect Ted Robinson, Sr. (1995) Perry Dye (2000)

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Could be great!

The previous reviews about the grass and course condition are true. If you hit off the fairway good luck finding your ball. Greens are nicely cared for and staff is friendly. Besides the group in front of us playing 5, not fixing their divots or bothering to rake (granted there wasn’t much sand but still) the pace of play was good once we passed them. You can tell at one time this course used to be very nice but half the lakes are either empty or so covered in algae it’s hard to tell if it’s really water. Would be nice to see them care more for the course.

Ron2019

First time on course. Definitely help to play with couple who had been there before.
Nice course with some very interesting holes.
One draw back they need a starter. That would help the pace of play.

A great layout good shape!

We had a great time, and if you haven't tried it I think you will too! There are so many unique holes with lots of elevation changes. Greens were rolling pretty good, just a fun course.

Always great fairways and greens

Awesome course don’t always have a lot of people playing on top of you. Thanks to the awesome staff they are very friendly and helpful love playing this course.

Cut the grass!!

I have lost so many balls at this course and it’s not because I hit them too far right or too far left...I lost balls that I saw land right next to the green and neither my son or myself could find it because of the long grass and weeds surrounding the fairways and the greens. I had this problem before and I forget about this issue and hope that it gets fixed and it never does.

CLEAN IT UP

Fairways and greens were ok but don't hit just off the fairways, you won't find your ball. Sand traps are crap and the course is in bad need of a face lift. Some of the ponds around the course were full of algae and looked disgusting. They need new tee markers and and the driving range needs yardage signs. All holes should look like # 10 that is beautiful.

Take it one hole at a time and get it cleaned up please and I will return.

Course Conditions

This is a course that I play several times throughout the year and usually really enjoy the experience. The staff is great and the facilities and amenities are pretty good. I also like the course layout. It offers plenty for all level golfers. However, I played there on 15 Jun 19 and was disappointed in the course conditions. The Greens were a bit bumpy and several players ahead of my group had not repaired their ball marks. The Bunkers were horrible and the rough was ridiculous. The rough was way too long and full of weeds. Extremely difficult to play out of and on a few occasions my playing partners and I could not find our balls on shots that were only a few yards off the fairway. For a public course this is unacceptable. This is not the US Open and there isn't tournament staff on the course to mark my ball with a flag on an errant shot!

Nice layout, but needs mowing!

Greens were nice, pace was excellent. The rough (even right next to greens) was tall clover with all the white flowers. VERY difficult to get out of that stuff! It looked like some areas close to the greens had not been mowed in weeks!

TOO hard for average golfer to get out of the rough. Otherwise, I really like the course and the value.

Poor Maintenance

This is a fun course and generally in good shape. What has happened to the rough? This is really embarrassing. The rough has been allowed to grow upwards of 8" deep in clover and other weeds. If you're in the rough you have a really poor chance in finding your ball let alone make a shot out. This is not tournament play conditions but really poor maintenance. I brought three people in to play and was very embarrassed. They are not the best players and found themselves in the rough often, lost countless balls and made their round unenjoyable.

Do they own a lawnmower?

Does this facility own a lawnmower? The rough looks as if it’s never been trimmed. It’s hard to believe that this beautiful course is so neglected. I lost a lot of balls out there today and it wasn’t my fault for once. After finishing our round we asked why the rough was shin high. They apologized for the conditions and that they were working on it because the mower had broken down. Why wasn’t I told before hand? It’s very frustrating to fail at searching for your ball 3 yards off the fairway and failing! The greens and fairways were in decent shape too! There was a low correlation between those two and the rough. Very disappointed and will not be returning.

Great condition

Course is great but don't get in the rough. Have a spotter if you in the rough.

Fairways, bunkers and T boxes need work

Rough needs mowing. I lost a lot of balls just off the fairways. Fairways were clumpy. Bunkers were awful. T boxes were bad.

Legends Golf Club
Commented On 05/30/2019

Thank you for reviewing us. We see you rated the course 3-stars and are interested in learning what we can do to improve before your next round. Feel free to comment on this review or reach out to the team in the golf shop. We always appreciate the feedback. Thank you for playing Legends Golf Club, and we hope to see you again soon.

Noticing Improvements

My grandparents-in-law live off of Hole 12 fairway. Over the past 10 years when we visit and are welcomed into their backyard, I have seen the transformation of the course. From brown fairways and hard greens, to mostly green again with plush greens. Obviously, the recent rains have helped, but other improvements are well on their way. Sand is slowly being added to multiple bunkers all over the course (though I wish I didn’t actually know this). Other improvements over the last few months: edging around the cart paths, improved driving range mats AND balls, punched greens have recovered nicely, roped off areas to prevent cart damage around greens, and it looks like major sprinkler repairs are in progress to set the course up well for the summer months. I am able to play the course often, and it doesn’t get boring. Always a challenge with the various pin placements that are possible with the multi-tiered greens. If you haven’t played it in a while, might be a good time to come back!

BC

Nice track. Worth playing for the price. Could be a great course with some maintenance. No sand in bunkers. Weeds in and on edge of bunkers. All kind of different grass/weeds all over the course. Got on for 25 bucks. 3 hour round.

Very Satisified

Great course. Great price through Golf Now. Thank you.

a good day to galf

Our twosome got right off. We made good time until we hit a five some on the 10th tee. I called the office and they got a hold of them and they allowed us to play through on the 11th hole.

Sanding Greens

Current sanding the greens, had back nine closed. I would give it at least 2 weeks before you play. Otherwise one of the best courses around for the money.

Valid dates: May 26, 2020 - Jul 12, 2020