Castle Oaks Golf Course

Year Built 1994
Architect Brad Benz (1994) Ross Forbes (1994)

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in California (2015 #16)

Beautiful Course

Castle Oaks is in great shape currently. The greens are pure but will receive long irons and hybrids. #5 green held a 3 wood from 240 yards. Course is not overplayed. One of the best tuna fish sandwiches on the turn I have had in years. Pro shop staff very friendly, small town hospitality. Only negative is driving range teeing are a little rough. I would definitely recommend a trip to Castle Oaks, particularly if you haven't played it before or in a while.

Commented on 11/25/2019

Thank you for the 5 star review, kind words and great feedback. We appreciate your support. Hope to see you again soon.

Castle oaks

Course was in great shape. Greens were very fast and smooth great course

Commented on 11/25/2019

Thank you for the 5 star review and kind words. We appreciate your feedback and support. Hope to see you again soon,

Nice day of golf at Castle Oaks.

Course was in great shape. Play was a little slow.

Commented on 11/18/2019

Thank you for your 4 star review and kind words. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again soon.

No Leaves

Course was clean no leaves .Pace of play excellent .Just a great day

Commented on 11/18/2019

Fun course!

Fun course, pace of play was fast. The bunkers need a little work, sand was very hard. They had nice white sand in the parking lot and maintenance was on one of the holes dumping the sand in the bunkers, so I think they may be replacing the sand in the bunkers which would be great!! Overall I had a great day!

Commented on 11/22/2019

Thank you for posting your 5 star review and great feedback. We appreciate your support and look forward to seeing you again, soon.

Perfect

Another great day at Castle Oaks .great round great pace and the greens had to have been just rolled.

Commented on 11/04/2019

Thank you so much for your 4 star review. We value your feedback, and use it to improve our guests experience.

Castle Oaks golf course great time

Castle Oaks golf course great time. First time playing and enjoyed the course. A lot of challenges on most holes but fair risk and reward

Commented on 10/29/2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We are looking forward to seeing you again soon.

Another great day at Castle Oaks

Great day great people great weather everything was right on point.

Commented on 10/25/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review and feedback. We appreciate your support. Looking forward to seeing you again soon!

Great Day

Greens are back .Just a great day .Always enjoy playing here.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you so much for your 4 star review and kind words. We appreciate your support and hope to see you back soon.

Very nice course

We had a group of 3 tee time of 7:28, it was a bit cold but as soon as sun was fully out it was great! Greens were slow on first 6-7 holes but that was due to the early morning moisture. My first time playing here, pretty challenging yet fun, We had no one behind us and the group ahead of us we never saw after they finished the first hole. All around great day of golf, Only downside was that the bar does not open until 11, we were looking forward to taking a couple shots of whiskey after the front 9. They do have a little snack bar area with hot dogs, typical snacks and the tiny 1oz bottles of alcohol.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review and kind words. We appreciate your support and hope to see you back soon.

Pro could give a crap less

if you have a 12:15 tee time and get to the course 20 mins early, just to see 20 "high school " girls ready to tee off @ 12:00, what do you do? Well, you're paid and have to play. 3 hrs. to play front 9, and to top it off, the girls are also playing the back 9. No marshalls were avail. for the course and the coaches were not around. I strongly complained to the pro shop staff (the pro already ran out the door), and was told to get a refund from Golfnow. Played the front 9 again in "only" 2:30 hrs. What a great way to ruin the beautiful day. The only bright spot was paying $20.

Commented on 10/18/2019

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value your time and appreciate your feedback. Please contact our manager so that we can apologize to you directly. He can be reached at info@castleoaksgolf.com.

I understand putting a group of 5 out but not with with a group of 2.3,2 behind them .There were two groups of 5 back to back .They would take 15 minutes on every green .we had 3 groups backed up on the tees from the 4 th hole on.I left after 15 holes because they were getting worse. I love the course they need a marshall to move them along

Commented on 10/07/2019

Thank you for your review and insights. We aim to provide a great golfing experience for our guests and will discuss your comments with the team. We look forward to seeing again in the near future.

Usually in better shape

Played this course many times, and its usually in very good condition. This week the greens were over sandy and the course was wet. Most bunkers were small ponds or mud holes.

Commented on 10/07/2019

Thank you for your review and insights. We expect the greens to continue improving following their recent treatment. We look forward to seeing again in the near future.

Beautiful Fall Day

Course is in very good shape. It appears they've recently reseeded the greens, so putting was a bit of a challenge. Otherwise, few people playing. Didn't have to wait on any T's. Fairways are in good shape. Wonderful way to spend the afternoon. (Oh, and I shot my low score of the year!)

Commented on 10/04/2019

Thank you for your 5 star review and kind words. We aim to provide a great golfing experience for our guests and it's always nice to hear feedback like this. We look forward to seeing again in the near future.

Beautiful course

This was my first time playing at Castle Oaks and I found it to be a wonderful course. The lay out was challenging and forces a player to be accurate off the tee. Numerous dog leg turns make this an interesting course for all player abilities. The only downside to today was there were no course Marshall's to move along a slow foursome that tee'd off in front of us and dragged along all round.

I will definitely be back to play this course again.

Commented on 09/03/2019

Thank you so much for your 5 star review and kind words. We value your feedback, and hope to see you back soon.

Home Turf

Castle is my home course, and after playing courses all around the Sacramento area this is definitely one of the better public courses . Great staff , great layout... only issue and I believe their addressing it is the traps ... beyond that 5 stars all around

Good course layout!

We enjoy playing this course every time, it has always in good condition. Tee off at 7:20am and finish in 4 hours at a easy pace of play.

Boomers putters welcome

Nice layout. Great views. Course was a bit on the soggy side in spots. Bunkers need some new sand. The closest bunker on 16 needs a more defined front edge. Ball to close to front of bunker and the front is eroded so that your ball is under the lip. Greens rolled pretty true and were kept up nicely. A bit slower than the practice green. . For whatever reason the range turf was really loose. Clubhouse was nice and the food was good. Couple of quaint displays around the course.

California Advisor

Fine. Just fine. That's about it

This was the first review in my 125+ reviews where I checked the "average" box for every category listed.

I can't think of a more typical 1990's built golf course than Castle Oaks. Lined with homes, lots of ponds, quirky design that feels like it was built to accommodate the homes. Some really fun green complexes.

Course condition was just meh. I got 3 mudballs in the middle of summer which is hard to believe. Course was REALLY wet and soft and overwatered.

Pace of play was fine on the front but for some reason the pro shop let a couple groups of 9 holer women go off the back nine in front of us which made the back nine really slow. Pace of play was so slow I had to drive off the course after 14 holes. Nary a marshal in sight to nudge them along or suggest we play through them. Frustrating.

All in all, just an ok experience.

Commented on 08/05/2019

Thank you for playing Castle Oaks and posting a review. We appreciate all your great feedback and will use it to improve our guests experiences moving forward. Hope to see you again soon

Rancho Murieta, California