A sunny day view of a well protected green from The Club At Savannah Harbor.

The Club at Savannah Harbor is steeped in Southern charm, offering dramatic views that span from the surrounding wetlands of the Back River to Savannah's famous Historic District. Sam Snead and Bob Cupp designed the golf course. Their ultimate goal was to bring to life the philosophy of "risk and reward." For example, a well executed shot placed near a hazard is rewarded with less club to the green or a better approach angle, or even both. The putting surfaces have gentle transitions to different pin locations, making them more traditional than modern. The designers incorporated another classic design element, the greens have subtle roll-offs or collars that fall away, a feature of golf courses from the 1930s and 40s. Golfers can also use the club's large, duel-ended practice facility.

The Club at Savannah Harbor Golf Course

Year Built 1999
Architect Bob Cupp (1999) Sam Snead (1999)

Golf School Academy Yes - "Andrew Rice Golf School"

Dress code Proper golf attire.

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Banquet Facilities, Spa

Not told about practice rounds for Pro tournament

It was a great weather day for golf and by teeing off at 2 I had plenty of time to complete 18. Unfortunately, there was a pro tournament the next two days and the players were having their practice rounds during the afternoon. Every hole was a wait as the group in front of us took an additional 10-15 minutes to practice their short game from all parts of the green. I even took a break at the turn and doubled back to play a hole again hoping the logjam would move, but no such luck. I finally just gave up after 13 holes. Had I known before I booked my round I would have played somewhere else.

Fantastic course condition beautiful layout. Some sneaky challenges that require careful shot planning with either rewards or punishments. A great challenge

Commented on 11/23/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u000001721676! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Great course. Terrible management.

The cart guys and cart bev personnel are great. The management in the pro shop are the worst. It’s like they don’t want to be there. Love the course but Marriott needs to figure the property out.

nice layout

despite being wet and cart path only the course was in great shape, but played very long after 3 days of rain. Staff were helpful and responsive. We used a Hot Deal and were very happy. Played in under 4 hours.

Commented on 11/16/2020

Hello, marypar4. Thank you for reviewing the course. Your feedback about the price of our course is important to us. We always want to make sure we are offering golfers a competitive price for their round. It is our goal to give visitors the best chance to get out and play more. Thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor. We hope to see you again soon.

Commented on 11/03/2020

Hi Kdanch. Thank you so much for the great review. We are glad you had an incredible time, and we hope to see you again soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Awesome!!!

Course was great! Fairways were immaculate! Greens were great! Course was challenging and beautiful. Loved it & will play again!

Commented on 11/09/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us codybrown1121. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. The Club at Savannah Harbor thanks you!

A must play

From tee to green not a flaw. Course is in great shape and the layout is fun and forgiving on some holes. Only con is the price is a little steep but it’s still worth the money. It’s a must play if you’re in Savannah and don’t want to drive to Hilton Head.

Commented on 10/27/2020

DMcK1120, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Fun, but slow

We had a nice round here. The course played slow taking over 5 house to finish 18 holes. I would go back next time I’m in Savannah.

Commented on 10/20/2020

u314159902441, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Southern Golf

During our rounds, the course layout will challenge you to place your shots to provide a good short iron shot into the greens. Putting is also very interesting, green reading will give you some enjoyment when the ball falls into the cup.

Commented on 10/19/2020

u000006779614, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (912) 201-2240. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Overall good experience

Course was in nice condition. Greens were quick. Staff was friendly. The starter was MIA around my tee time, so there were twosomes and singles playing when there shouldn't have been. Pace of play was extremely slow on the back nine.

Commented on 10/09/2020

Your feedback is important to us, erbacheckovsky. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

A Pleasant golf experience

A wonderful golf course have played it many times and the conditions are always great. Worked the Legends of Golf tournament and it is always nice to play where the pros have played.

Commented on 10/07/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Bary3804005! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor!

Commented on 09/28/2020

Hi, u314160013458. We would love to hear more about your 4-star experience on our course. Please tell us what we can do to earn that last star, and thanks for golfing at The Club at Savannah Harbor!

The course is beautiful and the people working there are the greatest. The afternoon wind really makes the back nine tough. Go and have a good time

Commented on 09/28/2020

Your feedback is important to us, fredh1963. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Anniversary Round

Great course, friendly staff and good service. No drink cart or direction on water available on the course. No starter, so we were unsure of time to start. Since course was only partially booked, I could have started early, but no signal. Mowers kept getting in the line of sight, and should have been more out of the way. I would recommend as it looked to be the best course in the Savannah area.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Hi u00000207768. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor.

Great Experience

The course is a bit on the pricey side but overall it was a great experience.

Commented on 09/23/2020

Thank you for your review, Dan6833416. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at The Club at Savannah Harbor. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Wish I could give it higher

I have played this course 3 times in the last 18 months and something is always off. Today they mowed the course and left everything on the course. It seemed to make the mosquitos happy as it was the worst I have ever experienced. My cart never wanted to engage the brake. On the turn after seeing noone in front us we suddenly had a foursome in front of us. One of my pet peeves is throwing 9 holers in front of 18 holers.. i wish I could rate it highe6, but I do not enjoy this course.

Commented on 09/16/2020

Hello, u314160792178. Thank you for reviewing the course. Let us first start by apologizing for the flies that joined you during your visit. Your feedback about the course is important to us. We are going to escalate your feedback to our team so we can make improvements before your next game. We will continue to work towards an excellent experience by using your comment for guidance. Thank you for playing The Club at Savannah Harbor, we hope to see you again soon.

Great course layout

The shuttle going back and forth to the driving range is sometimes slow both ways .

2.9201235294