West at Blue Rock Springs Golf Course

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is convenient to the city worth the drive near local attractions   Great for locals wildlife/ scenic views playing multiple courses   Challenges include elevation changes bunkers water hazards   Great for drinks brunch patio dining

"Average/below average course"

Jerry1064758's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/23/2018

Greens horrible/fairway rough terrible lack of proper maintenance

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello Jerry1064758, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on our course conditions. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

"Nice Course!"

ace4menow's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018
First time playing Walked Perfect weather Verified Purchaser

Had a great time at this course and I'll be back. They have two courses and I've played East twice and this was the first time playing West and really liked it. We walked the course and got a good workout since it is hilly with some fairly steep climbs. However, I'd do it again on a cool day. I'd avoid it on a hot day. They punched the greens the week before and they did a good job of notifying us prior which was nice (and the right thing to do). Great experience all around!

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello ace4menow, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/22/2018

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course conditions and affordable rates. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon!

"Very tricky greens"

jimhillis's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/21/2018

Played this course for a second time. It's pretty hilly, and the greens are very tricky--lots of slopes and hard to read. I didn't play my best game, but I would be back. I think I like the West course better.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello jimhillis, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and had a great experience. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

JEverett6860's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

We played Blue Rock East at 10:00 am and finished in 5.5 hours. We waited on every tee box and every fairway. I took my wife and son.

We also experienced a very ill mannered overweight jerk who described himself as a course custodian, very loud and rude, indicating that being on the fairway on one hole was a violation of signage.

Between the slow pace and the course jerk, we

as a family are done.

Won't go back, and I promise to tell every golfer

I know of this experience.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello JEverett6860, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry for the slow pace of play and staff friendliness. We appreciate your feedback and we escalated it to the appropriate departments. Thank you for visiting Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to earn your business again.

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/20/2018

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/25/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the conditions and speed of our greens. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon!

"Like old times"

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/15/2018

The last time I played blue rock was about 25 years ago. Always enjoyed playing here. The new addition to the west course is fabulous and can’t wait to play this course again.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you had an excellent experience at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo. Thank you for visiting us and we hope to see you again soon!

"various features"

MtzB's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/13/2018

Very much recommended to any type of player. Quite challenging course.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Hello MtzB, thank you for the five-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your rating on the pace of play and staff friendliness. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we hope to see you again soon!

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/12/2018
Previously played Used cart Windy weather Verified Purchaser

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/18/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Blue Rock Spring Golf Club in Vallejo. We also appreciate your rating on the pace of play. Thank you for your business and we hope to see you again soon!

"play the same 9 TWICE??!"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/10/2018
Previously played Used cart Wet weather Verified Purchaser

GOLF NOW ...AFTER I PAID FOR THIS ROUND YOU TELL ME THAT I HAVE TO PLAY THE SAME 9 HOLES TWICE?? COME ON NOT A GREAT IDEA!! PLEASE INFORM US BEFORE WE PAY OF THIS SITUATION IN THE FUTURE THANKS

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/13/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are sorry for this unfortunate situation and we escalated your feedback to GolfNow. We strongly suggest you check the tee times notes & policies before booking on GolfNow. Thank you for feedback and we hope to see you again soon.

larryetiret's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/09/2018

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/13/2018:

Hello larryetiret, thank you for the four-star rating. We are glad you had a great golf experience at Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo. We also appreciate your rating on our course conditions. Thank you for playing our course and we hope to see you again soon!

"Greens very slow"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

Didn't understand why it was cart path only as there were only a couple wet spots on the course and the locals were driving on the course anyway.Sad thing is they are now allowing 5-somes and there were 2 in front of a single in front of us plus we saw another 4 holes up from that .So we started off pretty good but after 5 holes we waited at every hole so that ruined our tempo.Greens had not been mowed or rolled so they were very slow

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the pace of play, fivesomes, the green speeds, and cart rule. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we value your feedback.

"OVERALL , A GOOD COURSE"

JIM7151725's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/08/2018

BLUE ROCK WEST IS A VERY INTERESTING COURSE. I ENJOY THE VARIETY OF LAYOUTS FOR THE VARIOUS HOLES. IT HAS ALL MANNER OF CHALLENGING HOLES. IT'S UP THE HILL, DOWN THE HILL, UP THE NEXT HILL AND THEN SEVERAL FLAT FAIRWAYS ALONG THE WAY. I PARTICULARLY LIKE HOLE NUMBER FOUR. THE TEE BOX IS UP HIGH AND GIVES A GOOD OVER LOOK OF THE SHORT PAR 4, BUT WITH WATER DOWN ONE SIDE, TRESS ON THE OTHER, AND A CREEK ACROSS THE APPROACH TO THE FAIR SIZED GREEN. AT 257 (WHITE TEE), A GOOD HITTER CAN DRIVE THE GREEN. BUT IF YOU COME UP SHORT, YOU'RE "UP THE VERY ROCKY CREEK".

OTHER HOLES COME WITH THEIR OWN SET OF CHALLENGES BUT ALL ARE FUN AND REWARDING. PROBABLY NOT A GREAT BEGINNER COURSE, BUT INTERMEDIATE AND PROS WILL HAVE FUN PLAYING THE COURSE.

THE VALUE IS VERY GOOD AS THEY ARE REASONABLY PRICED, MOST OF THE TIME. THE FAIRWAYS ARE NORMALLY IN GOOD SHAPE, BUT WATER SEEPAGE IS SOMETIMES A PROBLEM THROUGHOUT THE COURSE. THE GREENS ARE USUALLY FINE, BUT SOMETIMES THE CUPS ARE NOT SET RIGHT- THE HOLES ARE NOT LEVELED AT THE EDGES, TOO MANY "VOLCANOES" THAT ASIDE, TRY IT , YOU'LL LIKE IT.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello JIM7151725, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed the course layout of our West Course and affordable rates. We also appreciate your feedback on the conditions and cups. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon!

808rubenc's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/04/2018

Greens were slow and bumpy other than that course was in fair condition. Pace of play was okay all in all had a fun day of golf.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello 808rubenc, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We are glad you had a fun day of golf and enjoyed our pace of play. We also appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our greens. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon.

ssvn6251's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/20/2018:

Hello ssvn6251, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course and we appreciate your feedback on the sanded greens. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon!

"This course is fun to play and was in good shape."

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/03/2018

IT WAS IN GOOD CONDITION AND FUN TO PLAY. THE WEATHER WAS GREAT. VERY MUCH A GOOD DAY OF GOLF.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/11/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed course conditions and had a great golf experience. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon!

"US Open type rough"

1chip1putt's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 04/02/2018

Quite disappointed in the condition of the West Course. I have been playing it for many years through poor condition to excellent condition. After today's round I would call the condition "fair" and close to poor. The fairways are covered with some kind of weed with white flowers and the rough is at least 6 inches high in most areas and closer to 8 inches in some areas. If you land in the rough, it takes a search party to find your ball between the white flowers and tall grass. Many of the greens have some kind of disease problem that leaves round circles of brown grass on them. It is amazing how fast this course turned from excellent condition to fair condition.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/04/2018:

Hello 1chip1putt, thank you for taking the time to write a review of our course. We appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our West course. We are going to aerate the course next week. Thank you for visiting Blue Rock Springs Golf Club and we value your feedback.

"East Course redemption"

m0nig86chevy's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/29/2018

The East Course has always been a challenge, and a little intimidating. Lots of elevation change, decent bunkers to challenge any errant shot, narrow fairways, and a few water hazards to contend with. But I played the course a little more conservatively and felt "redemption"... meaning, I walked away from the course ready to play it again.

The greens were a little sandy and damp, which led to slow greens, but a few more days of sunshine and they should be true. The bunkers(some, not all) needed some work, but after the rains, its understandable to still not be 100%. It was busy, bit pace of play was decent. Just a little over 4 hours.

Will play again, and would recommend to YOU also.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/02/2018:

Hello m0nig86chevy, thank you for the four-star review. We are glad you enjoyed our course layout and the pace of play. We also appreciate your feedback on the green speeds and conditions of the bunkers. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon!

"Blue Rock review"

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

For the most part, Blue Rock East is a pretty challenging course from hole 5 to hole 16, the other holes are fairly straight and flat. The one complaint I have is the sand traps or more like dirt traps! It’s time to put some sand in them, they are like hitting off the cart path! Overall the course is in ok shape and the staff is very friendly.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/02/2018:

Hello, thank you for the four-star review, We are glad you enjoyed our course and found our staff friendly. We also appreciate your feedback on the conditions of our bunkers. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon!

"Greens uneven"

stigney1's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 03/28/2018

The course had plugged and sanded about half the greens 2 weeks ago and the other half about 3 weeks ago. Putting on the greens plugged 2 weeks ago was terrible. The greens plugged 3 weeks ago were better but not what I would call good. Bunker maintenance is awful. I don't think they have even been raked in a week.It is too bad the bunkers are not at least raked.I suggest calling the course to ask about the greens before booking a round at Blue Rock.

Response from Blue Rock Springs Golf Club on 04/02/2018:

Hello stigney1, thank you for the four-star review. We appreciate your feedback on our greens and bunkers. We escalated your feedback to the appropriate departments. Thank you for playing Blue Rock Springs Golf Club in Vallejo and we hope to see you again soon.