Marshallia Ranch Golf Course

This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard Welcomed

Location is worth the drive   Great for wildlife/ scenic views advanced golfers locals   Challenges include bunkers narrow fairways plays long   Great for drinks 19th hole scenic views brunch

"The place has changed"

mustang69's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/28/2016

Incredible how this course has changed in the last 5 years. The fairways are all brown and dying, if not dead. I also didn't feel very welcomed. The place looked deserted when we got there, Barely 10people were on there! The only thing that was good were the greens. It's the only play that was being watered. The drought has definitely hurt this place. We used to enjoy playing here, but I won't do it until the the fairways are green again, even if the price is the cheapest of any other 18 hole course.

"Drought taking its toll on a great course"

Mark8944135's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/27/2016

I and many others really enjoy this course. If not for the drought this would still be a gem of a course to play. Since its fairways have not been watered since March, the fairways are dead. The greens are still excellent but the dead fairways makes getting to the greens not very fun. I will probably not return until the drought is over as there are other closer courses with real fairways.

"TERRIBLE"

kaiser61's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/26/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 9 holes Good weather

Tee Boxes and Fairways have not been watered for four months. Greens were not mowed. One time was a great course but will never play it again unless California gets a flood!

"Kevin B"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2016

Its a nice n beautiful layout course!! Only problem is that fair way grass is not watered because of H2O shortage in California?!

"The course is not being watered for the summer time."

RobWolf61's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/20/2016
First time playing Used cart Played 18 holes

ALL the fairways and tees are dried out hardpan. There is hardly any dead grass, just hard dirt. The course should not even be open if they are not going to maintain it! I was sooooo bummed I chose to try out this course today. Golf days are too few to waste on this course!

"Terrible Course"

Tim6735462's avatar

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/16/2016

This was the worst course in the history of golf. Do NOT play. Fairways were 100%

Sand or dirt. They have zero maintenance

For this course. You might as well hit

Into corn field!!!

"All brown"

1 1.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/12/2016

Completely dried out and dead fairways. Hitting on hardpan all day. While other courses in the area have some brown patches in the fairways. This course is taking it to extremes and ithe fairways are completely dead. Hopefully the grass comes back to life in the winter. Might give it a second chance after a good wet winter.

"BEAUTY & THE BEAST."

oliveru's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 02/03/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather Verified Purchaser

The beauty of the central coast of California and<br/> the challenge of rolling coastal hills and natural terrain. I play this course often and it always prepares me to have easier rounds elsewhere in the area. A BIG shot out to Jeremy & Chuck who run the course for once again making this my go to place from Paso Robles to Santa Barbara, Ca.. And thanks to U.S.AIR FORCE base commanders for allowing allowing them to do so.

"The layout is great, but..."

Gus9815421's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 12/29/2015

The course doesn't seem to be maintained all that well. Very saturated in some areas even though it hasn't rained in days. The roughs are just that, rough. the greens are hard and the ball wasn't stopping even though it looked saturated around the greens. Staff was ultra nice and accommodating, but I have to say I was disappointed by the course after hearing a lot of positives.

"Beautiful Course"

jgpark's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/28/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Loved how remote, quiet and beautiful this course was. Despite the drought, the condition was great and the greens were nice. I would return to this course.

"Sssshhhhh! Keep this quiet."

jayzinho's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 11/27/2015

I hate for the word to get out what a great place this is. It's a great value. The course is in good condition. The greens are fantastic, the best on the Central Coast. Our twosome played "slow" and finished in 3 hours 15 minutes. A single walking caught us on #9 and said he was finishing in 1hour 7 minutes. The uncrowded course and polite foursomes allow singles and twosomes to really get around quickly. Of course, you have to keep the ball in the short grass to play at that pace. Veer off into the eucalyptus and you can spend hours hunting for balls. This is truly a championship course. My only criticism is that the restaurant closes at 2:00 or so. But I understand that's not the call of the golf course but of the independent food service company on VAFB that runs it.

"Value for the money Professional & friendly staff"

Tony1061694's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 10/23/2015

Your staff is awesome & very friendly.The course is definitely in much better shape than we had expected , keep up the good work . If we lived a bit closer it would undoubtedly be our home coures.

"Worth the drive."

Tom6522810's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/29/2015
First time playing Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

I enjoyed my round and would definitely return. I don't live close by but if I lived in Lompoc or Santa Maria area I'd likely play there often. Greens were in really good shape. Fairways were probably above average given the drought conditions. Some holes mandate hitting the fairway or you were in above average trouble both right and left. I didn't sample any foods.

"weather always COOL"

seimontoku's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/27/2015
Previously played Paired up at course Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

It is challenging enough and need to be accurate to score well.

Quality of food & beverage: Excellent

"Don't make the drive."

Marshal9327449's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2015

Where to start? Course is barren due to drought. Zero imagination used to lay out the course. Straight or slight doglegs with a bunker right and left describes all but 2 holes. Two actually has a third bunker in front. Morning play is frought with gnats/flies trying to crawl into every available orifice on your head. Eerily quiet except for the intermittent barrage of M 16s from the nearby range. Oh, and watch out for the hunters.<br/> Didn't book through golf now and got out a few minutes prior to scheduled tee time. However, when I asked the gal behind the counter about teeing off about ten minutes early (not another sole on the course or tee box) her initial reply was no you'll have to call golf now, blah blah blah. When informed that we had called directly to make the tee time, she became the sweetest cashier one could encounter.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Hostile towards golf now bookings"

clyde8657731's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/03/2015

We arrived at the course about an hour and a half early because of we could not get a tee time at another course nearby. We asked if we could go out before our scheduled tee time. We never had a problem doing so at several other courses we have booked through golfNow. The young lady in the pro shop said that we could not go out on the course until our tee time because we booked through golfNow. In the hour and a half that we waited only three groups went out. One went out just after we arrived and the last two went out just before we went out. For the better part of an hour and 20 minutes nobody went out. We were not permitted to go out in spite of the fact that there was nobody going out at the time we wanted to play. We will NEVER play this course again Golfnow or otherwise. If the course doesn't like Golfnow golfers, they should withdraw from the program rather than treating them like garbage.

Quality of food & beverage: Average

"Bad to play the course"

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 07/10/2015

No grass on the ground.<br/> It was not so good to play golf.

Quality of food & beverage: Fair

"Marshallia Golf Day"

kmjust's avatar

3 3.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Average weather

Have played here several times and always enjoyed. Great value and nice folks. Unfortunately, the drought in California has really taken a toll on the fairways. Several fairways have huge open areas of just dirt. Not pretty. Hopefully it will all return when California starts getting some rain.

"Hidden gem!"

gnolasco's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/13/2015
Previously played Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather Verified Purchaser

Never heard of this course until last year. Thought I knew all the central coast courses. What a neat little course! Very reminiscent of Monterey courses. Starts off a little plain then gets very interesting on #5 and continues with surprises. Have to be very aware of overhead trees on the tees, otherwise you'll have a 40 foot drive! Get a bargain on Golfnow and very worth it! We drive 140 miles from our home to play then go home 140 miles. So definitely worth going to.

"Tree lind fairways"

FRBRKL3828's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/11/2015
First time playing Played with a group Used cart Played 18 holes Fair weather Verified Purchaser

They are letting the grass go with out watering for the first 100 yards off tee. What a smart move. The greens slope to the ocean.