Sapelo Hammock Golf Club

Spanish Moss 72 5431 yards 66.3 117
Spanish Moss (W) 72 5431 yards 71.5 122
Marsh (W) 72 4907 yards 68.2 114
Scorecard for Sapelo Hammock
Timber Rattler M: 73.6/134 421 350 425 366 519 176 439 222 553 3471 410 402 541 355 401 201 415 189 484 3398 6869
Cedar M: 70.9/129 396 323 398 339 490 158 405 198 464 3171 371 380 523 334 345 182 391 177 462 3165 6336
Live Oak M: 68.7/124 372 304 375 308 459 140 374 176 436 2944 346 358 499 319 320 168 370 166 442 2988 5932
Spanish Moss M: 66.3/117 339 281 340 279 427 116 348 112 422 2664 323 342 485 258 302 139 345 156 417 2767 5431
Span. Moss W: 71.5/122 339 281 340 279 427 116 348 112 422 2664 323 342 485 258 302 139 345 156 417 2767 5431
Marsh M: 68.2/114 327 261 316 256 399 81 323 95 389 2447 270 318 425 245 274 124 317 107 380 2460 4907

Year Built 1999
Fairways Bermuda
Greens Bermuda
Architect Rusty Simmons

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #14)

Good layout

The course was a lot of fun. The par threes are really challenging. Small greens that are in great shape and fast.

A Golden Isles Charm (just a little north)

Great test of your full game. Course management a must on a few holes. Rough is testy but not punitive. Greens are a decent speed and in excellent condition. Took advantage of the Monday “play all day” $25 special... played 36 holes. Weather was hot, but plenty of ice cold water on the course. Super friendly staff. Thanks for a great day on the links!

I would play the course again, no doubt

the course was WET! heavy rains have deluged that area. However, that meant that I had the place to myself, for the most part. It was cart path only, so that kinda bummed me out. All that being said, the course was in great shape. I was on a road trip and I found this course and picked it because of it's proximity to I-95. I wish it hadn't rained as much as it had, but I'd come back without question. The greens were really good, as were the fairways. I can't stress enough how much rain that area has received, recently.

Greens in great shape

This course looks better every time I play it. It's a tough track. Don't let the length fool you. There is enough trouble out there to bite you but the course is gettable if you play smart. The scenery is second to none. Some of the toughest par 3 on any course. Pace of play could have been a little better but the bottom line is, this course is fun!

High Praise for Low Country Golf

Off the beaten path (but not too much), Sapelo Hammock is a gem in GA's low country. Lush fairways, true greens, some stout par-3s (200 yds, all carry), and some tricky,multi-fairway par-5s make for a great round. Great value for the money. Get there early and you can zip around. Two fivesomes cheerfully waved me through.

Worth the drive

This course is great for the cost. Excellent views, wide fairways, undulating greens and decent traps. The greens may be a bit slow so the break is less than half what you read.

Overall, I simply enjoy the location and the course. Always a laid back pace with all distractions left behind. It’s simply worth the drive to get there. :-)

Response from Sapelo Hammock Golf Club on 06/26/2018:
Hello Wayne, thank you for sharing your review, We truly appreciate both your positive and constructive feedback regarding the course conditions and will be sure to pass it along to our team. We’re thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our staff and sceneries at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club, and also appreciate your input on our maintenance. We hope to welcome you back for an enjoyable experience on the course in the near future.

Off the beaten path

I wanted to play a round between Brunswick (St. Simon's Island) and Savannah. Golf Now reviews for Sapelo Hammock were outstanding. 1) It was quite a distance from the interstate, and not worth the drive. I would like to know what was so special about this course to garner the high ratings. When we arrived for a 9:20 AM tee time, we commented to staff that there weren't many cars in the parking lot. The response was, "Oh, there are already four people out there."

One lady handled the snack bar/check-in. Very pleasant.

Response from Sapelo Hammock Golf Club on 05/23/2018:
Hello, thank you for taking the time to review our course, Sapelo Hammock Golf Club, in the Shellman Bluff, Georgia area. We are sorry to see that you may have had a poor customer experience with us and that the course may not have been in the best shape when you played. Any additional feedback is greatly appreciated so that we can improve your experience with us in the future. Thank you for choosing to golf with us and we hope to see you again soon.

Hidden gem

Hard to find course, but worth the trip. For only $40 got a great round in, under 3 hours. Layout is outstanding. Conditions were good for winter. Staff was extremely accommodating. This course needs more publicity, it is a keeper.

Hidden Gem

Was driving back to Florida from Charlotte and felt the urge to play. Saw this course had good reviews and gave it a shot. Played by myself and finished in 2.5 hours. The scenery is awesome. Course was in great shape. Pretty wide fairways. Greens rolled true. If I'm ever back in the area I will play again.

Beautiful layout.

A beautiful course with many different holes. Greens in good shape fairways a little hard. A must play if you're in the area. Didn't eat there but the people are so nice. They were very welcoming.

Great Value

The layout of the course is absolutely beautiful! Take a drive into old South Georgia with a golf game. The course is in pristine condition and the greens running true!

Great place

Wow! 30 minutes from home and this gem is awesome! Tough course, but a great place to enjoy the game! Wildlife everywhere! I even had a fiox take a ball from the fairway back to the woods!

Friendly staff & great greens!

The best course around.....

Love this course!! Just wish I lived a bit closer. But worth the drive every time.

Great LAyout. Wish I lived closer.

I try to hit Sapelo whenever I am in the south Georgia coastal area. The layout is strong, with a variety of holes and typically, the conditions are good, including the greens. I only wished I lived closer so I could play here more often.

Hidden In The Middle Of Nowhere, But Worth The Drive

An hour drive from our vacation home made you feel as if you might be lost, but no complaints once we arrived. The course was very dry and hard (but you can't make it rain, so no one is to blame). It's a great layout with a little bit of marsh, a little water, a little woods, a little bit of everything. My wife shot her best score ever, so she loves it.

A Coastal Masterpiece!

Sapelo Hammock is a gem! Very interesting layout and the hardest par 3's in the state with challenges over the marsh and interesting club selection situations. This place is a bargain. You must try it if you travel in the area. Great staff.

Truly a hidden gem

Really enjoyed the course. Great value for the money. Only thing missing was information about the holes so you could understand where to hit and length

Intereresting Course at a good price

Enjoyed our round here. Friendly staff and good pace of play. Many of the holes were interesting and unique. The greens were a little rough but it was early spring. Would definately play here again. A little out of the way, but the price was reasonable.

nice layout

The course was in winter mode. Mostly dormant, greens painted green with fertilizer, bumpy. Liked the layout, some challenging and memorable holes, nice views. Worth the drive.

Great Layout

Sapelo provides a good mix offairly easy holes as well as some challenging ones (for me at least) -- particularly the two 'over the marsh' par 3s that are essentially the same as hitting to an island green. A mild winter has left the course in good condition for this time of the year. Overall, a pleasant experience.

Valid dates: Nov 26, 2018 - Dec 31, 2019