Style Coastal

Greens Bermuda
Architect Rusty Simmons

Restaurant

Clubhouse, Meeting Facilities, Conference Facilities, Banquet Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top 25 Friendliest Courses in the U.S. (2019 #22)
  • Golf Advisor: Top 25 Courses for Pace of Play in the U.S. (2017 #14)

Commented on 12/02/2020

u314160827120, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (912) 832-4653. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Great value

Tee boxes weren’t in great shape but everything else was good. Greens were spray painted to make them ultra green. Rough was brown so green color stuck out. First time playing and would go back.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us, Chris9034862. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sapelo Hammock Golf Club thanks you!

Commented on 12/01/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, Garytaormina. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Spectacular

One of the best courses in SE Georgia. Course is in top shape and the natural beauty is beyond compare.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hi, wfields. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Another Great Morning at Sapelo Hammock

I continue to be pleasantly surprised at the wonderful experience I have been enjoying playing Sapelo Hammock. The course is challenging, the greens well cared for, the setting memorably beautiful and the staff friendly and accommodating. It's a little off the beaten track, but well worth the ride.

Commented on 12/02/2020

Hi, CLKGANOW. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Great outing

Course was in nice condition. Very challenging course.

Commented on 12/01/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u000006796086! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for visiting us at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Diamond in the rough

I really didn't expect the course/greens to be as nice as it/they were. The public star rating is spot on. I noticed that most of the shot divots in the fairways had been filled with sand. Keep it up golfers. A couple of nice local guys allowed me to pare up with them, for course knowledge. It rivals most resort courses that I have played in Myrtle Beach, with the exception that the greens are a touch smaller and no paved cart paths. I would really like to walk the course next time, but I didn't notice any walking rates on the website and I didn't ask at the clubhouse. Its a great value specially if you can book thru a discount outlet. I will mention that there were a few wet spots on the course and I don't know how recent they had gotten rain, so it may be questionable as to how well it drains. Enjoy

Commented on 11/10/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, u314160987120! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Beautiful Setting and a Fine Layout

Sapelo Hammock is set in a beautiful location among the love oaks covered with Spanish moss. I arrived early, and the staff member who was putting the carts out was extremely kind and accommodating. I played a single, the second group out following a 3some and the pace of play was terrific. The course was in very good condition and the greens were superb.

Commented on 11/10/2020

Thank you for your review, ckielt. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

first time a surprise

Have heard of this course prior. Took the drive from Richmond Hill and it was worth the trip. It's like a HH coursecwiqhout the crowds, traffic or costs. Support this gem whenever you can....It's worth it

Commented on 10/28/2020

Thank you for your review, ktorisk. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Gem of a find!

This is a top notch course. Greens are true, layout is challenging but fair, and the scenery is awesome. Highly recommended.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Thank you for your review, Hodog. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Monday round

Love this course- the layout, the value, the amenities. All are excellent for a golfer of my skill and expectations. The food at the grill is great, prices are reasonable, and the greens were in the best shape I've seen since I've been playing at Sapelo. Will definitely be back soon.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hi gamadden. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hi 10rollandt. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (912) 832-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Commented on 10/28/2020

u000007602912, we want to hear more about your experience with us! Please call us at (912) 832-4653. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hi u000008221195. We would love to hear more about your positive experience at our course. Please contact us at (912) 832-4653 to share with us your favorite part of your experience with us. Thanks for golfing at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

weather issues

This is a beautiful course and is well maintained. We could only play 9 holes before we were rained on. There was no issues getting a rain check. We will play this course again. The course is out of the way,(50 minute ride from Savannah) but well worth the ride.

Commented on 10/28/2020

chucksprinkle, thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club.

Commented on 10/28/2020

We love hearing about our golfers' experiences, u314160560850. Please tell us more about what you enjoyed during your round. Thanks for choosing Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Friendly, fast pace and fun to play

Sapelo Hammock has the friendliest staff and members. The course is in great shape and the layout is fun to play. Beautiful scenery, challenging holes with several forced carries. The course slope and rating seem low. Bunkers are mainly used as a distant target, they don’t come into play that often. Best of all the pace of play is always good even when they are busy.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hi hoyoymac. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Sapelo Hammock

First time playing the course was interesting, I will definitely be back for a second and many more rounds. The trees can make it challenging, along with the wind on the back 9. We had a great day and enjoyed the splendid atmosphere in the cafe for a quick bite

Commented on 10/28/2020

Hi u307809009. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sapelo Hammock Golf Club!

Hidden Gem for Savannah Area

Early tee times means no pressure for you on the course as most players dont start until lunch or later here. Super friendly staff, and for the are this is an incredibly well maintained course. If you aren't going to play Hilton Head or The Westin, then this should be your first choice.

Commented on 10/28/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us nathancarter822. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sapelo Hammock Golf Club thanks you!

Saint Simons Island, Georgia