California Country Club

Type Private
White/Red 72 6242 yards 70.1 123
Scorecard for California
Blue M: 72.7/129 506 151 356 461 176 387 359 381 501 3278 167 567 417 454 427 337 480 214 463 3526 6804
White M: 71.5/126 W: 78.0/140 503 141 344 448 138 375 353 356 487 3145 152 555 401 444 411 317 468 186 452 3386 6531
Gold M: 70.1/123 501 129 323 438 127 368 342 339 478 3045 129 545 382 438 372 297 461 170 409 3203 6248
Red M: 69.3/120 W: 75.5/134 501 129 323 438 127 323 342 339 478 3000 129 545 351 438 372 297 409 170 387 3098 6098

Year Built 1956
Architect William F. Bell (1956)

Plays Long 9

CCC always surprises

Was excited about using my 1/2 Hot Deal promo code to reduce a $45 hot deal green fee, yet even though I got a great deal I worried about anyone who didn't have the promo code. About 1/3 of the greens were in desolate shape. If you found the good areas you wouldn't have to roll over dirt, patches of turf, or aeration marks. Then, on an already LONG track, about 1/3 of the fairways had aeration stripes. So, bottom line, CALL AHEAD for full disclosure. In fairness, the rest of the fairways, greens, and tee boxes played very nicely and the course was a great challenge.

Not so private.

Don't expect this place like a typical private course. You'll see pretty much all kinds of people. We had a group(one of them wore a sleeveless shirt) behind keep hitting the ball when we were waiting a front group to finish on the green. and on the way back, saw a group with a dog on their cart.

Jkmcelroy
Commented On 06/19/2016

Both times I've played this course I find it to be open enjoyable golf, course and crowd conditions, seems like an excellent course to challenge an average player without too many true hazards. Great Father & Son golf opportunity

Another Fun Round @ CCC

Course is in great shape. Bunkers were wet from watering around the greens Someone needs to figure out how to water and keep the bunkers dry. The sand in the bunkers his pretty good if it's not wet. Greens were nice and smooth with the typical exception of players not fixing their ball marks. I try to fix 3 or 4 ball marks on every green. I don't know why players don't take the time to do this. Got around the course in 3:45.

Playing this golf course was a treat.

The condition and layout of this track is above average. I have played this course several times before and I have always enjoyed playing it. But, today it was about a 5 1/2 hr round!!! We waited on every hole. The kitchen closed at 3pm, so we were offered left over banquet chicken by the waiter, which was a nice gesture.

great day

Great day for golf loved it. Cant wait to golf here again.

great long fairways

just played for the first time,thought the course was worth the 49 dollars to play,loved the long fairways.

Slow slow

Delayed tee off, green condition is bad and pace is slow

A bit Average

Not a bad course at all. Conditions were above average, the course plays long (6900 from the back tees). Attendants were nice, the feel is that it WAS a country club, but now is public. Did not see any hooligans or roudy golfers at all so the pace was ok. There is no driving range, but only a small net area to hit balls. The range balls were filthy and in a large crate. Overall decent experience, if you don't mind the sound of freeways on each hole.

Love the course.

I gave the course an average grade, due to the lack of water in California then all the rain that we got, otherwise the course is nice. I like these old fashioned courses with the small greens. The staff were very friendly, I would play there again.

Great layout

The course was in good condition, the greens were in great condition and the staff was friendly. Would definitely play there again.

Meh

Long, flat and uninspiring. Basically its a slightly better maintained version of Whittier Narrows. I have a hard time understanding how this is a private (semi) club. The hot dog at the turn was the best feature of the day.

greens rolled well

This didn't seen like a private course to me. The course was for the most part average. It was kept well but I have played at public courses with better fairways and greens. It was nice to be done in 3 1/4hrs, I was a single and the staff was very accomodating. Out on the course, two twosones allowed me to pass them..Then got behind a twosone of walkers that did not even offer for me to pass. Waited for them on all shots on my last 3 holes. .I liked the course. Just had higher expectations.

too noisy from freeways

It was too noisy and condition of greens were really really poor:( I felt wasting my money.

Good Experience

Overall, I had a good experience at California. The course was in good shape and the staff was very pleasant and welcoming.

GREAT COURSE

THE COURSE IS GREAT AND I HAD A GREAT TIME. THE ONLY PROBLEM I CAN THINK OF THE GROUP IN FRONT OF ME WERE NOT VERY GOOD AND THATS OK, AND I WAS A SINGLE SO I THOUGHT I WOULD HAVE PLAYED IN LESS THAN THREE HOURS, BUT THERE WERE A LOT OF PLAYERS SO I JUST SAID ITS OK, SO A GREAT DAY FOR MY 833 DIFFERENT COURSE AND THE WEATHER WAS ALSO GREAT.

What happened here?

Wow! What happened to this course? I played here a few years back, it was always in good shape and a real feel for playing at a nice country club, not anymore! The staff in the pro shop were cold and matter of fact about everything, the fairways were in horrible condition and the greens were ripe with fungus. I was curious as to why all of a sudden there were multiple tee times on Golfnow. Pace of play was fine, THERE WAS NOBODY ELSE ON THE COURSE !!!!

Poor condition, no serice

The riound would probably worth $35 for a 1pm start, if they did not give our tee time to a member foursome who had a later tee time. For a 95F afternoon, there was no beverage cart. The greens were full of patches, so as some of the fairways. The staff at club house were arrogant and wanted to overcharge us. Hi, if you disapprove underselling on Golfnow, at least you get your course up to par of a private club.

Good.But Could be Better

Overall, it was a good experience to play this course. The course itself was in very good shape. The check in/clubhouse staff were not friendly, and service at the snack area was slow. Would have been nice to have to have something available (snack cart) while out on the course.

Don't go

Super noisy . Fairway condition are so bad Green repairing at 1.2 hole Not worty to play for even $50

Love This Course

Really good course with a nice variety of golf holes. I played the course for the 4th time this year on 8/11/14 - I admit the first time I played it the freeway noise was a point of discussion, for an unknown reason it has become less and less noticeable - maybe I know what to expect and now block it out. I played on Monday at 2:30 pm as a single and finished in 2.5 hours - it was glorious! Course is in really good shape.

Hacienda Heights, California