Beaver Creek Golf Club

Dress code: A collared shirt or appropriate golf blouse is required. Women may wear sleeveless or collarless shirts. Non-denim slacks. Golf shorts are welcome.
Credit cards accepted: VISA, MasterCard, Amex, Discover Welcomed

"Not much value here"

jd6236's avatar

2 2.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/12/2017

The course is in great shape and is very nice, but that isn't the concern. I paid quite a bit for my required stay at a partnering resort and my greens fee (right after the course opened for the season too) so my expectations were high. I had a slow round and had to join up with another group ahead of me just to keep things moving to make up for other slow players, which should NEVER be a problem at a place this exclusive. Later this summer I'll go on a trip to play Redlands, The Raven and Ironbridge (all better courses than BC) including an overnight stay and it will all cost less than what I paid here. Stuff like chocolate chip cookies, valet parking and hot towels on 18 green all lose a lot of appeal when you consider the bigger picture. Okay to play here once, but that will probably be it for me.

"Nice Course"

Bunkertown20's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 09/02/2016

I was in Braver Creek for a wedding and several of the guests and I played the course. It's a very nice course and maintained really well. It's very tight, a lot of trouble, but a solid layout. While not my favorite mountain course it's certainly a fun course. I'm glad I got the opportunity to play but most likely will not return at $200/round. It's not like people in Beaver Creek care about money so they can charge whatever they want. Personally, I think Eagle Vail is a better course at half the rate.

"Majestic Course!"

gabrielroth's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/27/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Excellent weather

I have now had the pleasure of playing this course 3 times in my life. Once as a teenager, and now a couple more times in the last few years. I can say without a doubt this is the most beautiful and breathtaking course I have played on and to give that some credit I also played Eagle/Vail, Rifle Creek, El Tigre and Kissing Camels to name some other nice ones. My only drawback to Beaver Creek is the cost. You pretty much have to be rich to play here. If my round was not a gift, there is no way I could afford $299 a round.

"Much more enjoyable the second time around"

JasonDeeganGA's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 08/04/2016
Previously played Used cart Played 18 holes Good weather

I first played Beaver Creek in my early days as a golf writer back in 2004. After getting my butt kicked, it didn't leave a good impression.

I enjoyed it 10 times better the second time around, making me realize how good the place really is. I knew coming in it was a tough course, so I set my expectations accordingly. The threat of rain emptied out the course, and my playing partner and I breezed through an enjoyable afternoon together.

How you play the first three holes sets the tone for the day. They're beautiful but target oriented. The first hole drops to two different levels of the fairway, requiring accurate layups each time. The second is a great downhill par 3, followed by a difficult uphill par 5 that starts with the scariest drive of the day. If you find safe passage through all those trees lining the first three holes, the layout opens up into a meadow of sorts. Even without the narrow fairways, there are plenty of cross hazards to swallow up approaches and keep things interesting.

The closing stretch starting at no. 15 gets tough again with more really strong holes. Beaver Creek is essentially a three-ball course ... if you lose less than that, you've had a fine day on one of the better resort courses in the Vail Valley.

"Wow! What a course"

Eric2993084's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 06/19/2015

Really nice course. I am glad I didn't have to pay the exorbitant greens fees and got on the course for just the cost of the cart. I don't think it is worth the $300/a round buy would be worth $100.

"Good early season special"

Kevin8996353's avatar

4 4.0 stars from 5 Played on 05/28/2013

THis was a special for lunch/18 holes of golf. I found this a nice deal. We've been here in the summer where the general fees are more than $150. While early in the year, the course was in good shape. The fairways a bit spotty, recovering from winter, but greens and bunkers well maintained and in good shape. I found this a typical Trent Jones Course and fun to play. Vistas were beautiful.

"The first five holes are tough."

minturnyeti's avatar

5 5.0 stars from 5 Played on 9/26/2012

Beautiful golf course in great condition. Some challenging holes mixed in with forgiving ones.