Indian Peaks Golf Club

1.9
1.8

The golf course at Indian Peaks Golf Club is an 18-hole, public course in Lafayette that offers several interesting challenges. The course is 7,083 yards from its longest tees with a par of 72. Hale Irwin designed the course, which opened in 1993. It boasts more than 80 bunkers while two creeks, and six lakes create water hazards that come into play on several holes. There are also beautiful views of the mountains, especially on the last hole. Indian Peaks Golf Club's seventh hole is a particularly challenging hole in that trees protect the green and also a creek runs through the fairway.
Silver 72 7088 yards 72.6 131
Blue (W) 72 6308 yards 75.3 140
Scorecard for Indian Peaks Golf Course
Silver M: 72.6/131 580 412 412 538 160 454 362 189 462 3569 361 577 407 379 154 436 222 547 436 3519 7088
Black M: 70.7/127 560 396 389 523 141 425 337 163 435 3369 345 559 378 359 136 410 186 526 412 3311 6680
Blue M: 68.7/124 W: 75.3/140 547 372 374 501 130 396 308 148 418 3194 320 542 350 342 126 377 152 509 396 3114 6308
Gold M: 67.1/121 W: 73.1/135 523 359 348 485 120 383 291 136 375 3020 306 515 337 319 109 347 138 476 357 2904 5924
White M: 64.8/115 W: 71.2/123 471 330 324 459 110 364 268 125 345 2796 283 482 314 304 110 301 135 443 318 2690 5486
Red M: 62.6/109 W: 67.8/119 381 282 313 387 99 353 261 105 308 2489 266 398 303 284 99 295 93 382 307 2427 4916

Year Built 1993
Architect Hale Irwin (1993)

Carts Yes - $10 - $16

1.9

Changes are necessary

I play here now and then and use the practice facilities frequently because I live close. Like a lot of other people I tend to feel it's overpriced for what it is. Today on the putting green may have been my last straw though. I had to share the green with a real jerk who showed up with his cell phone on his ear and carried on a heated and profane conversation for over an hour. I don't care if the course is public, that sort of behavior isn't acceptable on ANY golf course. Indian Peaks needs signage outlining rules against things like that. They charge country club for a day rates and allow that sort of stuff to go on, which doesn't add up. Play somewhere else.

Grown up nicely!

I used to play the course a lot about 15 years ago as I worked near by. I play it again last weekend and pleasantly surprised how gracefully the course has matured! A mix of watery hazards, tree-lined fairways and wicked short par 4 that is the 7th hole is inviting and fun! -- Allows singles tee times and a definite add to my rotation.

Overpriced & Out Of Touch

To charge full summer rates on October 31st is bad enough, but to do it after they punched the greens is absurd. While the tee boxes and fairways were nice, the greens were extremely bumpy and inexplicably fast, leading to a round where skill flew out the window and randomness took over.

Could be great

This is a delightful golf course which could be exceptional. I never appreciate paying full price to play a course with aerated, sandy greens. I know they're trying to make money, but when a staff does this is makes me mad. Just be honest folks; that goes a long way in the golfing world. The layout is very good, making you think your way through. Plenty of sand and water, and only one horribly designed hole (the 7th) with a huge oak tree blocking all but pinpoint tee shots. I was hoping the flood would make it fall down, but no such luck. When the greens are good, they're really good. The fairways are very nice, and the course is well-maintained. Still, it's only worth the money if I can find a GolfNow deal.

Nice Track

Fun and challenging course. Some real nice risk reward holes. Greens had a lot of sand on them , but that has to be in Jan to protect the green.

Great Course For The Money

I like Indian Peaks for the conditions of the course. Although deals do not come around often, it is a very great deal when they do. I would highly recommend this course to anyone.

Sanded Greens

Indian Peaks is a good course. Unfortunately they sand the greens for the winter. They dont mention that in the Golfnow listing. The course is overpriced for the area, but must get enough people to support it.

Beautiful course, well maintained, and friendly staff

Very fun and moderately challenging course. I only got to play the back nine since the front nine was closed for maintenance. For some reason they didn't have tee boxes that day so I had to use my iphone golf app to figure out where to tee from. Played on a monday and it was pretty much wide open. Its a beautiful course and well maintained and I would definitely come back an play the full 18.

beautiful course incredible views

I thought that Indian Peaks Golf Course was very well maintained with a challenging layout there was one hole that was kind of silly too many trees but it was fun and I would definitely Golf there again

Great, as always

I always enjoy playing Indian Peaks. Even in the rain on a day in the 30's! Course is in great shape and is a challenging layout for golfers of any skill level. Played in under 3 1/2 hours, but we were the only idiots out there. Got a great special on GolfNow. I think the usual fees are a bit steep, otherwise I would play here more.

Can't beat the views!

A fun fun and challenging course in excellent shape, friendly staff, with tremendous views of mountains A must play course! Greens are big and undulating and course layout has many risk/reward targets Genuinely enjoyed playing.

No flood damage, The greens were very fast.

It was the first time I had played this course and I enjoyed it. The greens were challenging, like being on a ice skating rink. The price was right.

This course has very smooth greens.

Six tee boxes to chooses from. Very well maintained. Very consistant greens and fairways.

We will go back!,

We have played golf on courses all over the world.Spent this summer visiting local courses in Colorado .Had a lovely experience here.Beautiful course ,very friendly employees and guests.Cant wait to return

Very nice track

We were very impressed with Indian Peak. A great combination of challenge, beauty and quality. A couple of holes are a bit quirky (e.g. 90 degree dogleg right with a 190 yard tee shot landing area that you'd better not miss), but overall a very nice experience.

Out of Town Player's perspective

This course was pretty open but did feature some tough pin placements. Very well maintained. A little on the expensive side though. Great views of mountains.

A scenic and challenging course.

This course is a very scenic and challenging course. The course is well laid out and easy to get around. There are enough water hazards and sand traps strategically placed to require playing each hole with a plan. The staff were very friendly and helpful.

Nice Layout and challenging but fair.

This is the perfect course to test the skill level of all players. The variety of Tees is perfect and the penalties are not severe for being slightly off line. There is value in knowing where to miss shots and that the greens have enough slope to play away from certain areas. I always enjoy this course since playing well is rewarded with no gimicks. Pace of play is a problem on busy times, but that is just the nature of a public, popular course. Relax and enjoy the day!

A fair price for the quality of the course

This was a course I was excited to play, driving by it frequently, it looked like a great course to play. It did not disappoint! I would definitely go out and play again, it offered many different challenges that kept the game fresh.

Return Visit..Not Disappointed

Sometimes we revisit a course that we enjoyed and are disappointed. This was not the case with Indian Peaks. We revisited Boulder in July this year and I recommended this course to a friend from California. We were enthralled with the course, the fairways were in fab condition, the rough was thick and to be avoided. The greens were pristine and the ball ran true..missed putts were down to misreads. We enjoyed the course so much that I played it again on 29th of July with my wife. She enjoyed it but felt that it was quite long. It is on my list to visit again on our next visit.

Louisville, Colorado