This golf course is closed for business. Not true? Let us know.
Looking for other options nearby?

Editor's Note: Course closed for business. See Kona Country Club's listing for the remaining 18 holes.

Year Built 1985

Cart return

I booked an 18 hole round for two people at 2:20 PM. IT TOOK ALMOST 15 minutes to get checked in at pro shop. Carts were provided with water and ice. We did not get any.
Carts had to be returned at 5:45 PM, 3 hours and 25 minutes after tee time. This information was not on web site. Sunsets around 6:30 PM. Dark at about 7:00. Not pleased that we had to come in after 14 holes. Pretty course, nice views, good condition.
Should put on website cart return requirements.

Kona Country Club club has all the best of the best

My husband and I have played many courses throughout the world and find Kona Country Club to be among the best . It offers a ocean view on every hole with exception of 2 holes .. how many courses can offer that beauty.. the course is challenging and offers great undulating holes..
Friendly staff make you feel very welcome and are consistent. The pro shop offers a great selection of merchandise with up to date fashions .
It is a very well run facility from the time you walk in the door to the time you leave. Also being a bonus the restaurant offers great food , beautiful atmosphere, and a friendly bar. What more can you ask for.!

Stunning Views

The black lava and Pacific Ocean is your back drop for this beautiful course. Three of the holes play right along the ocean. Nice wide fairways and challenging greens makes for a nice combination. Highly recommend this course for all levels of golfers. Just make sure you play the right tees or the lava gods will get a few of your balls!

Poor Staffing and no Marshall

We are avid golfers and have played many different courses. This course had no staff to offer helpful direction, the starter was not available to speak with and at one point had 4 groups on the same hole. We played other courses in the area for less money, far better staffing and in better playing conditions. I would recommend doing your homework on ALL options before booking here.

Lots of Rules! Follow Them!

There must be an Ayatolla that runs this course. We had to rent clubs, but weren't permitted to have them as we arrived too early (we actually wanted to shoot a bucket of balls, practice chips and putting - you know, get used to the clubs!). No flexibility here at all. Quite expensive here and not all that special. There are lots of better options on the Big Island.

Big island golf

Great course, see both mountains and ocean, good enough of a breeze to keep you cool. Great value if you play two rounds in one day. Course was in good condition. Our Cart was line for some brake work. Had a good time.

Not up to par

We played this course on previous visits to the big island and were very favorably impressed. This time, not so much. My primary issue was that the greens had been recently punched and sanded and were quite slow and difficult to read. We were not told about the maintenance when we called for a tee time, and the course did not offer a discount for the conditions. The standard rate was $180.00. We paid $125.00 by booking online. We had some trouble with the booking site so we called for a tee time, but they said they could not honor the online rate unless we booked online--which eventually we were able to get to work. I definitely would not pay $180 to play this course in its current condition. Also, although no fault of the club, the air quality index from the VOG was fairly high the day we played. it did not impact our play, the vistas just were not as attractive on our prior visits. I recommend this course, but I suggest you ask about course maintenance and give the course a good 60 days to recover from any significant maintenance.
If you are considering a trip to the big island during the current volcanic activity, look for accommodations north of Waikoloa on the west side of the island. We stayed in Mauna Kea resort, and we had only one day where the VOG affected us. We typically, stay at Hualalai, but that has been affected by the VOG as well. Even Waikoloa and Mauna Lani had more frequent issues with the VOG than we did at Mauna Kea.

Kona Country Club a Delight

Enjoyed playing this course. We did not take advantage of the onsite restaurant and bar.

Course was in great shape! Would definitely play it again!

Beautiful golf experience on the ocean

Pleasantly surprised by Kona CC, played March 2018. Upon landing we headed straight over and they were very flexible with letting us have lunch first and pushing back our tee time 30 minutes. Hit some slower players on the front 9 but it was Good Friday and lots of golfers out that day. Back 9 opened up just fine. The ocean holes are fantastic, off the charts, better than pictures could make it look. 2nd green, 3rd hole are just amazing spots. More ocean on the back 9, beautiful par 3 and set of 2 par 4's. Layout is challenging and fair, not extreme deep bunkering or trouble all over, good amount of space to drive the ball before finding trouble. Greens were slower than expected, all bermuda and quite grainy but they were very slow for our taste. Only complaint would be they require carts to come in at 6:00pm while there's 30 mins of daylight left so we couldn't play 17 or 18 as we hit the 6:00 mark on 16 green and a marshal asked us to pack it in. 18 looks like an epic finishing hole. But, that's just because we teed off at 230 so if you can get out earlier that solves that problem. Otherwise Staff was great, restaurant has great food and amazing view, practice areas are cool (we came back and practiced during our vacation). Super fun track, chill environment, inspiring ocean front holes, very playable. I hope to play it again when I go back.

All good but the greens

First time playing this since they completed the renovation and the course is about as pretty as I've ever seen it. I've always liked the design - there is a little bit of everything here, and the coastal holes are beautiful. Only issue was the greens. I'm not a fan of bermuda in the first place, but when they are kept this long and have so much grain, it becomes almost unplayable. A couple of putts were like shag carpet - must have been 10 times I smashed the ball hard and still came up short. Roll the greens out to be faster and you have a real gem here.

We enjoyed the course but I would NEVER pay the full price to play here. Definitely is not worth $180!! We payed $110 which for this course is plenty. Pace was a little slow. Nice views from some of the holes.

Great Seaside golf value

I last played this course 5 years ago. This time the course was in better shape. Helpful Pro shop staff. Excellent service from the Starter/cart staff. I will come back and also recommend the experience to others. Thanks KCC!

Kona Beauty

This was a very nice course. Every hole is unique and the course was manicured nicely. The greens were a little slow for my liking but they still rolled smooth. When you play, make sure you have a camera because there are a lot of photo worthy holes.

Beautiful Scenery

Beautiful course, ocean holes were fantastic. Greens were pretty fuzzy and slow compared to other courses I played on the island. Definitely a different feel from the courses north of Kona.

Beautiful course, a pleasure to play.

Beautiful beautiful golf course in very good shape. Not mown tightly and greens aren't quick by any means but they are consistent (really have to pay attention to the grain!) but it does provide a very pleasureable round. Almost every hole was very scenic and they aren't designed to beat you up.

Staff were all very friendly. Not many people on the course when I played (10am tee time) so we finished in well under 4 hours.

The rental clubs were Taylormade M2's, 11 clubs. Had to make adjustments for the R shaft on the driver but otherwise they did the trick.

Kealakekua, Hawaii