A view from Ute Creek Golf Course.

Type Public/Municipal

Formerly a cornfield, Robert Trent Jones Jr. utilized the natural area and the import of over 600,000 cubic yards of dirt to create the challenging Ute Creek Golf Course. The championship course has a traditional links-style layout that is said to challenge even the most avid of golfers. The public, 18-hole golf course offers 7,167 yards from its longest tees, playing to a par of 72. It features several water hazards, especially on the back nine holes, with five lakes situated on the course and two streams that wind through it. Ute Creek Golf Course's well-bunkered greens and undulating, multi-level fairways provide more interesting elements to the game.

Ute Creek Golf Course

Year Built 1997
Architect Robert Trent Jones, Jr. (1997) Donald Knott (1997) Gary Linn (1997)

Carts Yes - $15

Commented on 11/27/2020

Hello, Todd. Thank you for visiting us at Ute Creek Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Could have been 5 Stars

Love this course and the staff is generally awesome; however it is frustrating when the ranger pushes to have the carts in before daylight. If I am going to pay to play on a course, I expect to be able to try and get my full round in within reason, especially in the short days of early winter.

Commented on 11/25/2020

Hello and thank you for taking the time to review the course and rate us. We appreciate the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ute Creek Golf Course.

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ute Creek Golf Course!

Best of Longmont

Ute Creek is the premier city course in Longmont. It's long but narrow with demanding greens that are protected by bunkers. Accuracy is a premium. Several holes have ponds and cattail marshes that steal shots if played poorly.

Commented on 11/14/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team. We look forward to seeing you again soon at Ute Creek.

Nice Fall Round, Fast Pace of Play

We enjoyed a 4 hour round with no waiting. The temp was a little cool, but sunny with light breeze. Course was in good shape for this time of year.

Commented on 11/14/2020

Hello. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 star review. We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ute Creek Golf Course.

Commented on 11/10/2020

We're glad you enjoyed your 5-star experience with us, gtryhane. Please comment or reach out to our team in the golf shop to let us know more about your round!

Commented on 11/10/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u7101030! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ute Creek Golf Course!

Great Course But Fix Hole gadget

I love Ute Creek. No trees to speak of, so a linksy feel, with lots of fairway bunkers, but with shallow lips. One of my go-to courses.

But the plastic polypipe gadgets they've put in the holes (for COVID) are TERRIBLE. They're far too thick and the ball barely can drop into the hole (they are actually in violation of the USGA Rules for thickness of the flagstick!). Check out Walnut Creek or Indian Peaks for the RIGHT way to do it, with a thinner wire mechanism. (I've told Denny about this, but no change yet). This can't cost much, guys.

Commented on 11/17/2020

Hi, Ken. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. Thank you for the 4 stars! We aim for a 5-star experience, so we always welcome feedback for improvement. Thank you for playing Ute Creek Golf Course.

Commented on 10/19/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, u941650534! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ute Creek Golf Course!

Pace of play

Pace is horrible and we play ute quite often and it never changes. You have a group of 4 then a couple then another group of 4 then maybe a trio then a couple. - why not make it all a 4 person to keep the pace. Then we had people another 4 some jump around and get in front of us. We’ve complained to Marshall but all he did was go talk to them. Golf etiquette is so important - we’ve played ute on weekends n during the week n the pace is rated a 0 - There are other golf courses around that we choose to play - thank you n hope you can look into this

Commented on 10/22/2020

We apologize for the pace of play issue you experienced. We always try to keep a great pace when having our golfers on the course. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback as we will use your review to better the experience going forward. We hope you give us another try in the near future!

Commented on 10/14/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, Rarunyan! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ute Creek Golf Course!

Find another course

This golf course used to be the crown jewel of Longmont. The way it is currently, the city of Longmont should be embarrassed. I would guess at least 90% of the sand traps - and there are a lot of them - are being watered. The bottom of the traps are a mud pit in the morning and they remain wet all day. And the ones that are dry have very little sand in them. It ruined my experience yesterday. If they don't care enough about aiming the sprinklers appropriately, why should anyone bother with this course ever again?

There are plenty of other courses in surrounding municipalities. I would suggest any of them over this one.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi traderpards. We appreciate you taking the time to review the course and rate us. We are going to pass on your feedback to the teams in charge so they can work to make changes. Thanks for visiting Ute Creek Golf Course. We hope to see you again in the future.

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, ericgmorrell! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ute Creek Golf Course!

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating, jknoll4027! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Ute Creek Golf Course!

Fun course

Solid layout with good variety of holes. Course design is challenging but not overly demanding

Commented on 10/12/2020

Hi u616174919. We appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Ute Creek Golf Course!

Excellent*

Loved this course. More par 3s and 5s than most courses I play which was good for something different. The greens appeared to have been recently aerated and sanded. The asterisk is because the sand was pretty heavy in some spots and adversely affected putting a bit, but I would play here again any time, sanded greens or not. (To be fair, there very well may have been an aeration notice that I missed when I booked.)

Commented on 09/23/2020

Wow, we are so happy you enjoyed your round, markgolf66! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Commented on 09/23/2020