Type Public/Municipal

Located in Longmont, the nine-hole, municipal Sunset Golf Course is a great, affordable option for beginners and families. Opened in 1924, it is one of Colorado's oldest golf courses. Although experienced golfers may not find it challenging enough, the course provides an excellent spot to practice your short game and it is definitely one of the most scenic courses in the area with beautiful views of Long's Peak. The par-34 course covers 2,981 yards from its longest tees. The terrain of Sunset Golf Course is quite hilly and the tree-lined fairways are very narrow. No water hazards come into play but the course is well-bunkered. The signature hole is the par-4 fourth hole.

Sunset Golf Course

Year Built 1924
Fairways Blue grass
Greens Blue grass

Bar, Snacks, Grill

Meeting Facilities

• Golf Advisor: Top Courses in Colorado (2019 #17)

9-Hole Rounds 8

Commented on 11/23/2020

Commented on 11/18/2020

Hello, Ken. Thank you for visiting us at Sunset Golf Course. We appreciate your 4-star rating and review. We hope you join us for another round soon.

Snug City Course with Trees

A nice old fashioned city course with large mature trees challenging the wayward shots.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Neat little tucked away 9 hole course. Nice fairways and the greens are well maintained.

Commented on 10/01/2020

Thank you for your review, slicecity. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sunset Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

reviews were right, this is a very nice and well cared for municipal golf course......with all the play they get I was most impressed with the greens which are beautiful.

Commented on 09/18/2020

We are so pleased that you enjoyed your time at Sunset Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you on the course soon for another 5-star experience!

Fun

Always fun. Staff is great. We always walk. We like the up and down. The course is always in great shape. It is fun to play and challenging. Great 9 hole course.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for your review! We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sunset Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Course plays like an old friend

I play Sunset a lot--I've never been disappointed. The course is consistently in excellent shape. This year early, they had to work on the greens and the staff really took care of it. Now, having played recently, everything is tip-top. I understand that this year they are having lots of players playing and that has created some slow play, but generally I can play 9 holes in 1:45 - 50 minutes (and I walk). For me, I'm about a 18 handicap, the course offers enough challenge. I've had some good rounds, but then there have been some sneaky poor rounds. I can't complain. I enjoy Sunset like I enjoy an old friend.

Commented on 09/09/2020

Thank you for your kind words! We hope to see you again at the course very soon for another 5-star experience. Thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course.

Great Executive 9

I enjoy this course. Staff and players are friendly. The pace of play today and last time we played was excruciatingly slow.

Commented on 08/28/2020

Great course to practice

Out of all the courses on for in Colorado so far this one is in the best shape of anyone I’ve played the greens are super fast the staff is super friendly everything about it is five stars

Commented on 08/14/2020

Your feedback is important to us. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course.

My “go to” course!

I have been playing Sunset for years - all year round. I love this course because it has interesting holes and mature trees. Just the right amount of challenge for me.

Commented on 08/14/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sunset Golf Course thanks you!

Everything is good except other players

The only issues that I had were caused by other players. The group in front of us refused to let us play through when they had 4, we had 2, and they were taking way too long on each hole. The group behind us almost hit us two times because they wouldn’t wait for us to hit our second shots before they teed off. The course and the staff were great and I would recommend this course to anyone who wants a decent 9 holes that doesn’t cost a lot of money.

Commented on 08/10/2020

Hello. Thank you for reviewing the course. We apologize for the delay of play during your round. We work hard to accommodate everyone who visits our course and to best control pace allowing everyone to finish in a reasonable amount of time. We will continue to look for ways to improve, and we are glad to see you rated the course conditions to be great during your game. Thank you for playing Sunset Golf Course. We hope to see you again soon.

Fun as Always

This course is a great short course! Greens were in very good shape like most times there. Always fun!

Commented on 08/10/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review us martysgiants. Your feedback is valuable, and we look forward to delivering you excellent service again soon. Sunset Golf Course thanks you!

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hello and thank you for your 5-star rating! We're delighted you enjoyed your round. Please book another round with us soon, and thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course!

Hot Summer day.

Another beautiful day on the course. Love the layout, mature course with elevating changes and different views.

Commented on 07/31/2020

Best course in CO for the money

There isn’t a course with better views or better maintained to be able to hop on and play a quick nine in the state. Love this course!

Commented on 07/31/2020

Hello, we appreciate you leaving a review and rating us. We will inform the entire team, so they know their hard work is paying off. We look forward to having you back at Sunset Golf Course!

Beautiful Summer day

Great day for golf. Course in great shape and beautiful. Mid day tee time and course wide open. Short but challenging, still gotta hit your shot.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Your feedback is important to us, rade8310. Thank you for sharing your 5-star experience. We look forward to seeing you again at the course soon! Thanks for choosing Sunset Golf Course.

Commented on 07/24/2020

Plays Twice a year
Commented on 07/22/2020

Fun little course, easy to play

This was my first time at Sunset, however, I'll be back because of the good conditions and course layout. For a beginner or someone looking for a laid back course layout, this is a pretty ideal course. The greens roll great. Pace of play was on point.

Commented on 07/16/2020

Thank you for your review. We will pass along your positive experience to our team at Sunset Golf Course. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

4.2058823529